questions???

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 06:45 PM

on1wheels is a decent person
questions???

I have a few questions.

1. can you enter things like stuntwars on a supermotard?

2. Is a streetbike or a supermoto better for stunting?

3. what is the cheapest way to make a yz450f streetlegal in WA?
Old 05-21-2008, 11:13 AM

miker_dh is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: questions???

Not to sure with Question 1) 2)Stunting a Stuntbike Vs Supermoto both can be done but both need practice 3)You have to check each state is different... Pretty much you'll need Headlight,Tail Light, Blinkers, Mirrors, Horn to pass safety and maybe get a title as Homemade bike not to sure you have to check.
Old 05-25-2008, 01:12 AM

double Z is a decent person

1)
2) Both have their pros/cons
3) I looked into trying to street legal my CRF450R. The info I got from the Department of Licensing & the Washington State Patrol Vehicle Inspection Officer is that you can't license a bike if the vin comes up as a ORV, EVEN if you bring it in from another state licensed, they will revert back to ORV w/out plate.

So..................if you have an out a state licensed dirt bike, better keep putting tabs on it from where you got it.

Or..................you could buy a frame & title from a street legal enduro, weld over the old vin on your bike then stamp the new vin on (this sounds much easier than it is, there will be alot of grinding/smoothing/painting in order to make it look stock) also, once you have used that vin off the donor frame - DESTROY IT, least grind the now duplicate vin off the enduro.

and thats my
Old 06-14-2008, 06:24 PM

hondacrf150f1 is a decent person

I think it might be easier to stunt a supermoto because there like half the weight of a sportbike

And sense there so light they do pull up wheelies without any clutch! My 450R wheelies at 60 MPH in top gear with no clutch
Old 07-02-2008, 04:06 PM

derbi4stunt is a decent person

2. Is a streetbike or a supermoto better for stunting?

i've tried both, i think it's easier on a streetbike
Old 07-02-2008, 04:10 PM

sxscroggie is a decent person

Dirt bike is Way easier to push around and man handle (Mine still has dirt tires). street bike is just better. BETTER! and I've heard some comps require "sport" stunt bikes... don't know that for sure though.
Legality? haha. move to NM. requires headlight, brake/tail light, a mirror, and a horn!
Old 07-08-2008, 06:35 PM

12oclocker is an unknown quantity at this point

I spent weeks of research on this subject, and finally figured it out... You can make anything with 2 wheels and an engine street legal, in ohio its called a 'body change affidavit'. I took a straight dirtbike the DMV told me I COULD NOT make street legal, put signals and stuff on it (it already had a headlight and taillight) took the title in and asked for a 'body change affidavit', this creates a brand spaking new title for your new custom built bike, you select what model and everything the bike now is, and the new mileage, and the only thing that remains the same is the vin. this is how the dudes that make custom bikes out of old frames do it. they might inspect your "newly built bike" so make sure it will pass inspection. its totally legal, and the only way to do it right. the title will not revert back when tranfered to another state, your bike will remain street legal. I've already done this on one of my bikes, and I am planning on doing it to another.