Who has a WR250X?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 09:42 PM

Ryan Moore is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Who has a WR250X?

Originally Posted by rotgg
are you still liking the bike Ryan
Yeah, its fun, I havn't stunted it since I bought it though, just commuting to work on it. Just like every supermoto except the aprilia, I can't figure out how to get stunt pegs on it
Old 06-26-2008, 01:22 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

I need to get one of those things.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:44 AM

hecko is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ryan Moore
Yeah, its fun, I havn't stunted it since I bought it though, just commuting to work on it. Just like every supermoto except the aprilia, I can't figure out how to get stunt pegs on it
Tell me about it, I was looking at putting some on my WR400 but the pipe side is a pain in the *** I can see why you run the pipe differently on your CRF
Old 06-26-2008, 04:59 PM

Suicidal Antics is an unknown quantity at this point

so whats the deal, can u clutch these things up at 45mph, or do they just not have enough nut?
Old 06-26-2008, 06:31 PM

Ryan Moore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Suicidal Antics
so whats the deal, can u clutch these things up at 45mph, or do they just not have enough nut?
No, no *****, gotta pop it up early and bang gears.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:33 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Damn.. that part sucks.. I know the 400sm will clutch up almost anywhere with some work.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:06 PM

Suicidal Antics is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nags
Damn.. that part sucks.. I know the 400sm will clutch up almost anywhere with some work.
Really? the SM has enough to get it up at 45ish? I rode a friends 450, and that was just retarded.... but i didnt think the drz had enough oomph.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:22 PM

I had one for a while that was bone stock other than 3x3 mod and K&N jet kit and I could clutch it up pretty much anywhere and up to 4th gear.. It took a little work to pick it up at higher speeds but was certainly doable.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:51 PM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

i want a crf450x

just wish they weren't so expensive
Old 12-25-2008, 02:46 PM

Gillyroze is a decent person

HELP! Some tard crashed his car into me. Im fine and so is my bike but when I ride it I can tell that the handle bars are turned a little to the right when Im going straight. Someone told me to knock the tire into a tree in the opposite direction to straighten it out but the tire and forks are perfectly straight. When I ride and let go of the handle bars the bike does not veer to any direction, It goes straight. I dont think the handle bars are bent. They seem perfect. This is very annoying as I just picked up this bike and 2 weeks after driving it off from the dealer this happened. Since then I've been riding it the way it is. You cant really tell it isnt straight if you dont know it. I dont know what to do or how to fix this. Its very annoying as I was waiting a whole year to pick this bike up with much anticipation. PLEASE HELP!

Should I knock the handle bars with a hammer?
Should I loosen the forks and see if it falls back into place?
I have no clue how to fix this and would really appreciate any help.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:31 AM
Wannabe

Zarrell is a decent person

Originally Posted by Gillyroze
HELP! Some tard crashed his car into me. Im fine and so is my bike but when I ride it I can tell that the handle bars are turned a little to the right when Im going straight. Someone told me to knock the tire into a tree in the opposite direction to straighten it out but the tire and forks are perfectly straight. When I ride and let go of the handle bars the bike does not veer to any direction, It goes straight. I dont think the handle bars are bent. They seem perfect. This is very annoying as I just picked up this bike and 2 weeks after driving it off from the dealer this happened. Since then I've been riding it the way it is. You cant really tell it isnt straight if you dont know it. I dont know what to do or how to fix this. Its very annoying as I was waiting a whole year to pick this bike up with much anticipation. PLEASE HELP!

Should I knock the handle bars with a hammer?
Should I loosen the forks and see if it falls back into place?
I have no clue how to fix this and would really appreciate any help.
I've had similar problems with both my old 125 and my 400, losen up the risers for the handlebar and see if you can set it straight, otherwise you could try to bend it back, depends how it looks but I guess best would be to get a new bar. Buy a new nice fatbar while ur at it...Also you should have your bearings checked (steering ones), I had to replace them on my 125cc after too many wheelies and some crashes.

Last edited by Zarrell; 12-26-2008 at 06:41 AM.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:53 PM

The Dark Shadow is a decent person

I really like this bike i'm thinking of getting one as my first bike, just two questions..
I'm tall (6,7ft) and i'm husky at least (around 300lb) will i fit on the bike but most importantly will it be able to move me around?
Second question, the bike's not a monster power wise, should i worry about switching to a 600 next year? I mean going from 30hp to over 100hp isn't a small thing. XD
That said i hope to be able to ride one soon, even tho here in italy the WR costs 6600 euro (nearly 9300$) , that means you pay 3 grands less, you lucky US bastards!!
Old 12-27-2008, 12:27 PM

12oclocker is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Dark Shadow
I really like this bike i'm thinking of getting one as my first bike, just two questions..
I'm tall (6,7ft) and i'm husky at least (around 300lb) will i fit on the bike but most importantly will it be able to move me around?
Second question, the bike's not a monster power wise, should i worry about switching to a 600 next year? I mean going from 30hp to over 100hp isn't a small thing. XD
That said i hope to be able to ride one soon, even tho here in italy the WR costs 6600 euro (nearly 9300$) , that means you pay 3 grands less, you lucky US bastards!!
if you weigh that much, you may want to get a DRZ400 or something with a bigger engine. For a 150lbs guy the WR250X is a moderate machine, I had a WR250F performance modded out, and my brother in law complained about the weakness, he weighs 275lbs., I weigh 155. Also the suspension on whatever you get is probably going to designed for 150lb rider, thats about the standard. You may have to redo your suspension. But why not just take the wr250x for a test drive and see.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:57 PM

The Dark Shadow is a decent person

Originally Posted by 12oclocker
if you weigh that much, you may want to get a DRZ400 or something with a bigger engine. For a 150lbs guy the WR250X is a moderate machine, I had a WR250F performance modded out, and my brother in law complained about the weakness, he weighs 275lbs., I weigh 155. Also the suspension on whatever you get is probably going to designed for 150lb rider, thats about the standard. You may have to redo your suspension. But why not just take the wr250x for a test drive and see.
Thanks for your answer, anyway there were no WRs to try in Florence.
So i might be more lucky with a 250 2 strokes or that is too much to start with?
Maybe a 300 which should have a bit more torque but also should be less violent.
An used KTM exc maybe a 450 4 strokes?
Old 12-27-2008, 04:32 PM
HOOD CHAIN GANG

SUPERDAVE will become famous soon enough

Im 220 And My Neighbor Just Got One I Love It. Scrapin First Try Super Smooth. I Ride A Crf 450 Motard But The 250x Is Gangsta
Old 12-27-2008, 04:34 PM
"Back on the Block"

JohnnyBmore will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by SUPERDAVE
Im 220 And My Neighbor Just Got One I Love It. Scrapin First Try Super Smooth. I Ride A Crf 450 Motard But The 250x Is Gangsta
Ugh I WANT IT SOOO BAD!!!!!
I think my 6'3" *** is gonna Be all over it!!!
Old 05-03-2010, 10:21 PM

rerod is a decent person

Old post

Im picking up a 2008 with extras for $3500 in the morning.

Im interested in finding a good subframe and other goodies soon.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:00 PM

wr250kid is a decent person

old post but...

250x had mine for about a month. For a 250 i suppose its not bad. Dont expect to keep up with ur buddys rockets unless in the tight twistys. race a xr650 from 4th gear on and had a fender on it till 80. then i run outta sprocket (13-48t, or +6 rear). bike will wheelie but requires some getting used to if you use to ride a rocket (power wheelies or powering back up a wheelie once it going down is almost impossible on wrx.) Bike is fun but would be incredible if it had like 10 to 20 more ftlb of torque. (i know unrealistic since it 20 something from factory. my bike has fmf power bomb, fmf can, fmf programmer, etc etc etc. If anyone decides to buy one first mod should be sprocket. still getting comfortable on it but idea behind it was to do some parking lot stuff so hopefully learn how to do circles soon