Motard Question...

Old 02-27-2006, 03:14 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Motard Question...

Originally Posted by J.C.
i think i might sell my motard wheels of my crf 450 if any one is interested
I may be interested.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:29 PM

Goodluckmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by suicidl
haha my 250f has been stunted since day one over a year and never rebuilt ****. i think it has the original plug in it and it runs fine. please explain that
Your 250 was originally designed as a 250, and therefore has some reliability.

The big KTM's are derived from the 450, (the 525 is a big bore version), and the 560 is a bored and stroked race bike. The stress on the engine components and cases far exceeds those that it was originally designed for, now that it makes around 65% more power than originally planned.
As a consequence, KTM state seemingly ridiculous, but ultimately necessary service intervals.

It's a 75hp race bike with a bottom end, and drivetrain no stronger than a 250.
Infact, the six speed ktm's have really narrow 5th and 6th gear cogs, and they bust gearboxes with a 450 lump on the end of them.
Add in the fact that it has no balance shaft, and you've got a huge lump of ovalised bearings, and engine schrapnel sitting underneath you in no time at all.

A 400 EXC is probably the pick of the bunch if you want a four stroke KTM for stunting.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:44 PM

Peeweesp is an unknown quantity at this point

cant rule out KTMs Lc4 motor for stunting reliable but LC4's are a bit heavy, i know mine is pretty heavy, but its just about bullet proof. and they run about the same hp as a new 450 a stock 450 at that, but i mean theres mods you can get, but the more you build up the less reliable it gets. But i like it, i cant complain. But Goodluckmonkey is right about the 560 and 525.
Old 02-28-2006, 05:03 PM

SHOWTIMESOLON75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by suicidl
haha my 250f has been stunted since day one over a year and never rebuilt ****. i think it has the original plug in it and it runs fine. please explain that

MINE TOO...
Old 03-01-2006, 12:38 AM

middleschooler can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by J.C.
i think i might sell my motard wheels of my crf 450 if any one is interested
sold...no questions asked..ill pm you my number