$10,000 Purse at TEXAS Stunt Competition

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 10:26 AM

M2motomedia is a decent person
$10,000 Purse at TEXAS Stunt Competition

Sponsored by AKUMA Helmets and 6 local dealers!
This is the 6th Annual South Texas Motorcycle Show and the 1st Freestyle Competition. Email me for Rules and Entry Info - Hotel rooms from $39.95 available nearby.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	09 STMS Horz Poster.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	220615  
Old 02-12-2009, 10:40 AM

Rules and Competition Format for COMMENT

A friend of mine in France is involved with FIM competition and sent me their guidelines. That's what these rules and procedures are based on. I know I need standardized rules and scoring system to make this a fair competition. I am open to comments and good ideas.

I have already shorted the FREESTYLE Routine times because of input from some of my first entries.

Let me know what you think.

Rules and Regulations
This Stunt Riding competition is open to all participants from any country. All riders must be 18 years of age and over and can be either male or female.
All motorcycles used in the competitions have to be minimum 550 cc with minimum 2 cylinders. Any smaller motorcycles or any other vehicles (ie: scooter, trials, quad or trike)) are not allowed to be used.
Competitors taking part in the Stunt Riding Competition do so at their own risk and must sign the official disclaimer / indemnification form, prior to their participation.
All entries must be made on the official entry form, entry forms must be sent 21 days before competition.
Numbers must be displayed on the competitors' motorcycles the whole day of the competitions. The organizers will assign Numbers.
A panel of judges will be appointed and from their number a chief judge will be made. In case of any controversial issue the decision of the chief judge will be final.
A member of the judge will be responsible for the timing and showing the start flag and finish horn.
The competition will take place in an area 150 meters long and minimum 20 meters wide asphalt.
Points will be deducted (10 points by each judge!!), if the rider does not start their performance when the start flag has been shown or goes over their time when the finish horn has been blown. Tricks that have been started before finish horn can be completed without penalty.
All competitors must wear closed clothing, gloves and helmet during their performance. Helmets must be secured properly throughout the entire performance. All riders are recommended to wear spine protectors during their performance!
All machines must be scrutinized. Although the organizers will scrutinize all machines to be used, the competitor remains solely responsible for the preparation and safety of all machines, and for ensuring that they are fit for the purpose for which it is intended to be used.
No liquids to be used during performances that will affect the track surface.
It is recommended that all competitors have personal accident insurance. Machine insurance is the responsibility of the rider.
Advertisements & logos may not be shown anywhere other than on competitors' motorcycles, clothing, van, awning and on the clothing of rider’s crew. Banners or other marketing materials may not be hung on fences or buildings and are subject to approval of the organizers.
In exceptional circumstances i.e.. Adverse weather conditions or force major, all or part of the challenge may be held over for a day or may be cancelled, without payment or compensation to the competitors.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXX

COMPETITION FORMAT

Regulations of each round: revised 01/20/2009
- First round: compulsory disciplines –
- Second round (semi-final): freestyle - 4 minutes
- Third round (final): freestyle - 5 minutes

Drawing numbers from a box will decide the order of the competitors.
In the second round the order of the riders will be decided by the number of points received in the first round. The rider with the lowest point will ride first.

After the second round the top 8 riders (with the highest points) will compete in the final.

In the third round the order of the riders will be decided by the number of points received in the first and second rounds combined.
The rider with the lowest point will ride first.

First part (compulsory discipline)
If more than 16 entries, top 75% by points move to semi-finals

75 meters straight wheelie:
Riders have to start from stationary position, run up distance: 5 meters. A point scoring system will be used. The number of points given will be depending on the time of riding in seconds. Riders will be given as many scoring points as many seconds they use to finish the distance. If the front wheel, the riders feet or anything else other than the back wheel meets the ground within 75 meters this time will count.

Stoppie (straight with no turn):
Riders have to start from stationary position, run up distance: 40 meters. One scoring point will be given for every 3 meters. All riders have 2 attempts and the best one will be scored.

Donut, AKA Merry Go Round (clock wise then anti-clock wise, ten seconds each direction):
Riders cannot touch the ground with their feet. One scoring point will be given for every HALF donut done within ten seconds each direction. The exercise must be done around the buoy.

Second part (semi-finals) 4 mins. freestyle:
Top 8 move to Finals.

A point scoring system will be used, whereby judges will award points for the following:
Content (maximum 20 points can be awarded by each judge)
Presentation (maximum 20 points can be awarded by each judge)
Specialty Skill (maximum 20 points can be awarded by each judge)

Third part (final) 5 mins. Freestyle:
All 8 finalists receive Cash & Prizes
A point scoring system will be used, whereby judges will award points for the following:
Content (maximum 20 points can be awarded by each judge)
Presentation (maximum 20 points can be awarded by each judge)
Specialty Skill (maximum 20 points can be awarded by each judge)

Winner Performs SUNDAY and receives $2500 cash and a $2000 Performance Contact for a future SMS Events Show. Additional cash & prizes will be paid to the next 7 highest points holders. Eighth place pays $450 cash.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:41 PM

Laszlo Amrein is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: $10,000 Purse at TEXAS Stunt Competition

These rules are same rules (little modification), what I used in 2006 at Stunt European Championship (http://stuntkaposvar2006.rulez.hu/in...alyok&lang=eng)
and 2007 at Stunt Worldchampionship (http://stuntkaposvar2007.rulez.hu/in...alyok&lang=eng)
in Hungary, Europe.

So, it is not FIM rules, because the stunt riding is not FIM sport.

Regards
Laszlo Amrein
Old 02-13-2009, 03:48 PM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

From the flyer it looks like a sideshow and with the rules looks like it would take 10 days to find a winner..
Old 03-18-2009, 08:10 AM

Just a couple days until the BIG SHOW, I thought I would update the info:
Entered, not full list
Christopher Reyna
Garret Costello
Sonny Armato
Brandy Valdez
Michael King
Ian Gaines
Eric Rocks
Zach Shockey
Joe Christie
Ken Arnold
Scott Harmon
plus
2 surprises from California and two guys from Little Rock that just sent in their forms

Judges; Lead Judge Luis Castro, Manager at Aggressive Edge, other ask not to be named in advance.
Still accepting entries, will close entries at 36 or 9:30 AM Saturday, March 21, 2009

Friday is $5 WOMEN'S NIGHT, there are lots of inexpensive motels nearby and we are having an UNOFFICIAL After party at a local strip club Saturday night.
Give it a chance, give me your feedback & input because if this show is a half way success, I will have the budget to do two or three more.
Yes, it's a bit of a circus and that is totally on purpose because I want lots of things to do and see so that my guests will spend the whole day at my show and truly get a value for their admission fee.

Last edited by M2motomedia; 03-18-2009 at 08:17 AM.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:15 AM

TheProdigy is an unknown quantity at this point

the two surprises from california make it seem kinda gay....but the after party will make up for it
Old 03-18-2009, 11:17 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

should have promoted this event a little sooner , might have got more riders to show
Old 03-18-2009, 11:46 AM

kingmotox27 is an unknown quantity at this point

There's some people I've never heard of on that list...namely Zach Shockey (is he a bmx'er or what?!)

My vote's for Big Scott or Eric Rocks. One of those guys will take the gold.

I'm hoping to make it down, of course I kicked my key off last night while pulling out of highchair. Ended up twisting my ankle, banging up my shoulder and scraping my leg.

What time does the event start?????
Old 03-18-2009, 11:47 AM

looks like about 20 riders and that's a good field
Old 03-18-2009, 11:51 AM

Zach is on the "Those Crazy Texan" video w/Scott
Old 03-18-2009, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by M2motomedia
Zach is on the "Those Crazy Texan" video w/Scott
yea i was just kidding. He was a bmx'er...now he's a circle maker. I was in the "crash" section of that video. This will be like a class reunion.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:55 AM

Final Sign Up is 7 to 9:30 AM Sat,
1st qualifier is a 10:45.
On Saturday, March 21, the $10,000 AKUMA HELMET Extreme Freestyle Stunt competition pits stunt riders in an open competition for cash and prizes in Texas' Top Spring Stunt Event. Individuals can enter their bikes to win cash and prizes in the People’s Choice Bike Show sponsored by Motorcycle Events & M2MotoMedia. The stunt competition winner will perform on Sunday and will receive $2500 cash and an SMC performance contract for future shows valued at $2,000. Additional cash and prizes will be paid to the next 7 highest points holders in the open competition
Old 03-18-2009, 12:37 PM
IV
"bitchen"

IV will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kingmotox27
There's some people I've never heard of on that list...namely Zach Shockey (is he a bmx'er or what?!)

My vote's for Big Scott or Eric Rocks. One of those guys will take the gold.

I'm hoping to make it down, of course I kicked my key off last night while pulling out of highchair. Ended up twisting my ankle, banging up my shoulder and scraping my leg.

wish i could have made it last night.
i might head down to SA as well.
shockey said hes riding today. holla.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:00 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Laszlo Amrein
These rules are same rules (little modification), what I used in 2006 at Stunt European Championship (http://stuntkaposvar2006.rulez.hu/in...alyok&lang=eng)
and 2007 at Stunt Worldchampionship (http://stuntkaposvar2007.rulez.hu/in...alyok&lang=eng)
in Hungary, Europe.

So, it is not FIM rules, because the stunt riding is not FIM sport.

Regards
Laszlo Amrein
lol good catch laszlo
Old 03-18-2009, 04:22 PM
houstons tard

white bandito is a decent person

Originally Posted by kingmotox27
there's some people i've never heard of on that list...namely zach shockey (is he a bmx'er or what?!)

my vote's for big scott or eric rocks. One of those guys will take the gold.

I'm hoping to make it down, of course i kicked my key off last night while pulling out of highchair. Ended up twisting my ankle, banging up my shoulder and scraping my leg.

Old 03-18-2009, 05:14 PM

Rules were sent by friend in France, I misunderstood what the origin was. I thought the Stunt World was FIM because he is involved with FIM roadracing.

But they do make a good starting point for standardized judging for Freestyle Stunting.

So now they're Texas Rules too.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:25 PM
AGGRESSION!

E-DUB OM is a decent person

Rules were sent by friend in France, I misunderstood what the origin was. I thought the Stunt World was FIM because he is involved with FIM roadracing.

But they do make a good starting point for standardized judging for Freestyle Stunting.

So now they're Texas Rules too.
We already have a good standardized judging system for Street Freestyle and its called XDL. The XDL has proven that it is the most organized and most professional competition series in the US. I dont understand why more competitions arent utilizing the judging system which has proven to work time and time again. The top riders support the series and its judging system so why not go with what has been proven?

I would have made your event but the judging seemed like it could make for some conflict. Its hard to justify for most riders, driving across the country to compete somewhere where the judging may be an issue. Hope the event goes well though. Its good to see more events like this going on
Old 03-19-2009, 10:03 AM

DrasticDan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by E-DUB OM
We already have a good standardized judging system for Street Freestyle and its called XDL. The XDL has proven that it is the most organized and most professional competition series in the US. I dont understand why more competitions arent utilizing the judging system which has proven to work time and time again. The top riders support the series and its judging system so why not go with what has been proven?

I would have made your event but the judging seemed like it could make for some conflict. Its hard to justify for most riders, driving across the country to compete somewhere where the judging may be an issue. Hope the event goes well though. Its good to see more events like this going on
+1
See you in AZ for XDL Buddie!

Last edited by DrasticDan; 03-19-2009 at 10:11 AM.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:09 AM

DrasticDan is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a couple days until the BIG SHOW, I thought I would update the info:
Entered, not full list
Christopher Reyna
Garret Costello
Sonny Armato
Brandy Valdez
Michael King
Ian Gaines
Eric Rocks
Zach Shockey
Joe Christie
Ken Arnold
Scott Harmon
plus
2 surprises from California and two guys from Little Rock that just sent in their forms

Judges; Lead Judge Luis Castro, Manager at Aggressive Edge, other ask not to be named in advance.
Still accepting entries, will close entries at 36 or 9:30 AM Saturday, March 21, 2009

Friday is $5 WOMEN'S NIGHT, there are lots of inexpensive motels nearby and we are having an UNOFFICIAL After party at a local strip club Saturday night.
Give it a chance, give me your feedback & input because if this show is a half way success, I will have the budget to do two or three more.
Yes, it's a bit of a circus and that is totally on purpose because I want lots of things to do and see so that my guests will spend the whole day at my show and truly get a value for their admission fee.
Whats the deal with suprises from Cali? Just post up who it is..
Why say everyone else and not the Cali riders?
Old 03-19-2009, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by DrasticDan
Whats the deal with suprises from Cali? Just post up who it is..
Why say everyone else and not the Cali riders?
yea really.

Everytime I see your name I think of long, rev-limiter highchair coasters.

Quick Reply: $10,000 Purse at TEXAS Stunt Competition