My f4i makeover, it's about time I fixed my clapped out shit

Old 06-18-2010, 08:22 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light
My f4i makeover, it's about time I fixed my clapped out ****

FINALLY fixing my f4i up.. 42k miles on the bike! Original motor, original clutch, original everything pretty much.. no 2nd gear no 4th gear (one of these days I'll buy a new motor)

I got a brand new front fairing and side fairings never mounted, going to rebondo my tank for a better dent, and as soon as money allows buying a new tail and round bar..

Going black on the plastics, still need to get my subframe welded and painted green, also taking my headlights apart and painting the inside of the headlights green (the black part not the reflective part)
Can't think of what logo to put on my bike.. I'm almost thinking of doing the Monster energy M logo on my bike, but idk.. My friend thats painting my bike has a plotter and can print out stencils/stickers..
Only problem is he doesn't ahve vinyl to match my green paint, so I can only print black stickers for the green portions, and will have to paint green logo's on the plastics if I go with any

I also got a mint Devil high mount carbon fiber exhaust for $100 to replace my raptor660 whitebrothers muffler....

Last edited by Towlieee; 06-18-2010 at 08:35 PM.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:14 AM
soup mafia/squid mafia

cadillacZac will become famous soon enough
Re: My f4i makeover, it's about time I fixed my clapped out ****

nice color . hope your not going with the standard green and black ...
Old 06-19-2010, 01:08 PM
Naarden Bike Super Store

NAARDEN INC is a decent person

sweetness!
Old 06-19-2010, 10:37 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cadillacZac
nice color . hope your not going with the standard green and black ...
shiiit whats wrong with green and black? I can't think of any other color to do my plastics in, plus I'm getting the black free, with free HOK clear!

Forgot to add in my first post, the green was free, and my boy used HOK klear on it

I had to paint the rearsets and **** today, I'm borrowing a temporary subframe tell mine is welded and painting the temp subframe black with spraybomb

Also pulled all my needle bearings out of my swingarm and linkage, and cleaned and greased them, tomorrow the bike will actually start to come together (minus the plastics)

I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with my sprocket so I let my friend get creative and this is what he came up with
Old 06-20-2010, 02:28 AM
C.E.O. of AJTellin's Mom.

BillDoe has a spectacular aura aboutBillDoe has a spectacular aura about

Lookin sharp brutha, She's gonna be
Old 06-20-2010, 02:32 AM

ny450 is a decent person

lookin sick dude! should look hot when your done. try to consider some other logos before you do the monster..its pretty played, especially since the kawis come all monstered out already. either way, itd still look pimp
Old 06-20-2010, 02:33 AM

Big Float is a decent person

dont do the monster energy theme, that is sooooooo played
Old 06-20-2010, 11:21 PM

Build taking me a while, took my time and been cleaning and degreasing every part I didn't paint, as well as removed all the needle bearings in the swingarm/linkage and cleaned and greased them

Hopefully tomorrow go hit the parking lot
Old 06-21-2010, 08:21 AM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold

green and black f4is are magic.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Ethiopian
green and black f4is are magic.
I spent two weeks looking for a green and black f4i like mine to see what it's gonna look like, finally figured "maybe my color is original ish"

It's like I jacked your paint for my bike!
Old 06-21-2010, 04:01 PM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold

green looks close, mine was firemist lime green metallic. im gonna redo my new one to look like my old one one day. enjoy the fressness while it lasts here mine before i rode it and when i sold it lol.

Name:  IMG_1028.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  99.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0222.jpg
Views: 702
Size:  127.5 KB

Last edited by Ethiopian; 06-21-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:13 PM

That **** looks good!

Now that I look at it a little more, your color looks a little more 'emerald' or dark, then again your pic isn't in direct sun it doesn't look like

I can't wait to get my **** finished
Old 06-22-2010, 02:11 AM

Jbarber is a decent person

Hey I talked to that guy I know about getting your sub welded. He is out of town for the next six days but said he can probably get it lined up after that.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:32 AM

I can't wait tell I get all my plastics done... but here she is for now ready to ride

Originally Posted by Jbarber
Hey I talked to that guy I know about getting your sub welded. He is out of town for the next six days but said he can probably get it lined up after that.
I ended up finding out Matt O still has access to a TIG, so I think he's gonna do it, thanks tho!
Old 06-22-2010, 01:47 PM
StuntStarz World First

Joe87 is a decent person

DONT DO IT!!!!!

Do not ride that bike, untill it is 100 percent finished!!! Now its running again you wont want to finish it, you will just keep using it, and never get around to finishing it!!

Looks sweet as hell though, that green is beautiful!
But you need to clean your engine and repaint your down pipes
Old 06-22-2010, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Joe87
Looks sweet as hell though, that green is beautiful!
But you need to clean your engine and repaint your down pipes
haha

I'm actually going to buy some black header wrap and wrap my pipes all the way to my exhaust can, I also have a carbon fiber devil high mount I'm going to put on it

And I only painted the head of my engine (cause I wanted to get it back together FAST and didn't wanna clean and prep the engine for paint) lol.. But you wont see much of the engine once the plastics are on

I'm also going to paint the side cases green when I get my subframe fixed and painted green also

If I kept it street fighter, I'd definitely have to drop the motor again and paint the whole thing black. I don't like the the grey sticking out everywhere, but it's only temp tell I get plastics on it

I can't wait to get it back FF, I love full fairing bikes.. And this will be the first time my bike will be minty in 4 years
Old 06-22-2010, 02:16 PM
StuntStarz World First

Joe87 is a decent person

Well that bike was due a major makeover.

You cant use that as an excuse for not cleaning the engine.

The black wrap on the pipes will look sick, always liked the look of the heat wrap.

Im with you, full fairing is so much nicer.

*ignore the dirt bars if you want
Old 06-22-2010, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Joe87
Well that bike was due a major makeover.

You cant use that as an excuse for not cleaning the engine.
haha

I cleaned most the motor, spent almost 2 hours with a tooth brush and degreaser! But I didn't degrease at ALL behind the headers

after 4 years of abuse, riding in rain/snow/salty roads daily, 42k miles, and using motor oil for chain lube... It was NASTY.. Lots of degreaser and tooth brushing, in 95f heat =\

I will probably clean the motor up a little more, but I just had to get it back together adn ride! I spent the last week riding on my 1989 fzr600
Old 06-22-2010, 02:23 PM

your bike looks dope, how far is that upper cut, are both the mirror holes still on it or just one (or none?)

I'm not wanting to cut my upper down much at ALL, I'm only planning on cutting mine down 1-2", my last one was cut WAY to far down
Old 06-22-2010, 02:33 PM
C.E.O. of AJTellin's Mom.

BillDoe has a spectacular aura aboutBillDoe has a spectacular aura about

Your guy's ish is lookin pretty minty. Anxious to see it done!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My f4i makeover, it's about time I fixed my clapped out shit