9-11

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 04:52 PM
TIM
DSR PIMP

TIM is an unknown quantity at this point
9-11-01 prayer

A Prayer in Remembrance of 9-11

Lord of the nations, we come before you in all humility, seeking solace in your grace and healing love as we struggle to understand the tragedy that has befallen our country. Even one year later, we cannot fully fathom the depths of meaning that the events of last September 11th have for survivors, for grieving families, and for us as a people. As we recall the images that are burned into our memories-images of the pits that were once tall buildings of trade and commerce, of the gaping wound in the side of the Pentagon, and of the crater-scarred surface of a Pennsylvania pasture-we realize how sin, hatred, and evil can devastate and destroy. We have been terrorized and violated, and life will never be the same again-not for the families and friends of those who died, not for those who miraculously survived, not for any of us. More than any other time in our nation's history, we sense how vulnerable we are to dangers and threats too numerous to count.

All this drives us to you, O Lord. You are our strength, our shield, our defender. All this reminds us of our failure to offer thanksgiving to you during those times when we felt safe, our failure to worship you when threats were distant, our failure to praise you when we were at peace. Look upon us with your compassion and mercy, O Lord. Help us to see and to accept responsibility both for the wrongs we have done and for the good we have failed to do. Look upon us as people for whom Jesus died and rose again, and, for his sake, forgive us our sins and give us fresh opportunities to trust and love and serve you.

We thank you, O Lord, for the energy and love your Spirit pours into the hearts of kind, caring, and charitable people everywhere. Thank you for the spontaneous outpouring of help and support that flowed from generous hearts to all who needed it in the wake of this tragedy. Thank you for every fireman, policeman, elected official, service worker, and volunteer who sacrificed to help sisters and brothers affected by this disaster. Open our hearts to their example, Lord, and make us even more sensitive and compassionate to those whose suffering continues today. Let there be comfort for the grieving, relief for the suffering, healing for the broken, and peace for the anxious and distressed. Make us your hands, your feet, your help for those who are distraught.

We pray also for those who hate and want to hurt us, O Lord Jesus. We pray perhaps especially for them, even as you prayed for those who crucified you. We boldly ask that, by your mercy, we may one day come to see one another not as enemies, but as friends. Where we have caused or contributed to their anger, forgive us and help us to heal the breach. Where they have been wrong about us, touch and change their hearts, we pray. Break down the barriers that separate us. Help both sides to see and find value in our mutual humanity, dignity, and worth. And even when we must take strong actions to protect innocent life and prevent further harm, help us to keep our hearts centered on you and free from sin.

Thank you for all the blessings you have showered upon this nation, Lord, and for your great love and mercy toward us. Keep us safe from harm, we pray. We ask all this in your gracious and most holy name. Amen.
Old 09-10-2003, 04:52 PM
TIM
DSR PIMP

TIM is an unknown quantity at this point
http://www.faithandvalues.com/flash/911/index.htm
Old 09-11-2003, 08:21 AM

SHIFFTY is an unknown quantity at this point
9-11

to all those that were killed on 9-11-01 R.I.P
Old 09-11-2003, 08:37 AM

SHIFFTY is an unknown quantity at this point
R.I.P
Old 09-11-2003, 09:34 AM

Little-E is an unknown quantity at this point
and a prayer for the people that are fighting for our country!
Old 09-11-2003, 10:27 AM

Location: Clinton Twp, MI, Traveling at the moment!! I live everywhere....
babebblues is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 09-11-2003, 10:34 AM

R1 YAMA MAN is an unknown quantity at this point
...and to those who test our integrity.
Old 09-11-2003, 12:36 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Doris is an unknown quantity at this point
my condelences goes out to all the family and friends of the people lost on 9-11. also a great thank you for all the heros of our country, may god be always with them!

also did everyone hear around 8:45 in the morning all radio stations took a moment of silence at the same time?
Old 09-11-2003, 03:17 PM

Busta is a decent person
Old 09-11-2003, 03:27 PM
T&A

T&A has a spectacular aura aboutT&A has a spectacular aura aboutT&A has a spectacular aura about
This 12 o'clock goes to everyone who died on 9-11

Old 09-11-2003, 06:55 PM
I Love To Post!

ChoCha is a decent person
I think this website really puts into reality all of familes this affected.

Its a list with faces, of all the people that dies on 911..

Its pretty moving.... 911 List