Bummed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 11:45 PM

b_faulk75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Bummed!!!

I woke up this morning to a phone call that all of us dread, my friend and his wife were headed home last night on his TL 1000, they were about 100 yards from their driveway and some dumbass pulled out in front of them.He managed to get the bike slowed down but the car behind them didn't and they got slammed from behind,she died this morning and I just found out his back is broke and he's gonna be paralyzed. I'm just blown away,and don't know what to say,think or do besides pray for him and his family!!! This is my first post and I just needed to talk about this,I read some of the other posts and I feel so bad for everyone,I wish people would just WATCH OUT FOR BIKERS,It seems that alot of the crashes are caused by IDIOT drivers who dont pay attention to us. THIS SUCKS!!!
Old 05-02-2004, 12:10 AM

N-Ish is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Bummed!!!

damn man... sorry for your loss... keep your head up..
Old 05-02-2004, 12:25 AM

Riggs is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn Bro. I'm so sorry, the man upstairs always takes the good ones.
He's taking good care of her up there.
My love to all involved
Peace, Riggs
Old 05-03-2004, 08:21 AM

jeff0918 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear the bad news….. Treat this as a reminder that life is precious and should be treated so. Prayers to all involved.

Jeff
Old 05-03-2004, 01:30 PM

RedHot is an unknown quantity at this point

So sorry for your loss and hope for a quick recovery for your friend both physically and emotionally. You have my prayers.
Old 05-03-2004, 06:20 PM

badf4i2001 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by b_faulk75
I woke up this morning to a phone call that all of us dread, my friend and his wife were headed home last night on his TL 1000, they were about 100 yards from their driveway and some dumbass pulled out in front of them.He managed to get the bike slowed down but the car behind them didn't and they got slammed from behind,she died this morning and I just found out his back is broke and he's gonna be paralyzed. I'm just blown away,and don't know what to say,think or do besides pray for him and his family!!! This is my first post and I just needed to talk about this,I read some of the other posts and I feel so bad for everyone,I wish people would just WATCH OUT FOR BIKERS,It seems that alot of the crashes are caused by IDIOT drivers who dont pay attention to us. THIS SUCKS!!!
sorry man.........you have my sympathy and my prayers.........like the other rider said, the man upstairs is takin care of her.......my heart goes out to all involved.
Old 05-03-2004, 10:39 PM

Thanks to everybody, I just wanted to update this post, he's doing better physically, I've been told he may be regaining feeling in the lower part of his body.KEEP PRAYIN,IT REALLY IS WORKING,I'll be going to see him tomorrow and know more about his condition,AS FOR HER, SHE GOT HER WINGS!!!!!!!Also, it turns out that the girl who pulled out in front of them didn't even have a liscense or any insurance,WHAT A DOUCHE!!!
Old 05-05-2004, 04:17 PM

kayceer1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear that , they are in my prayers. I cant imagine losing my husband. I hope he get better.
Old 05-05-2004, 11:29 PM

It's me again, trying to keep it together with all thats going on, I just came from the hospital where I saw my BUD, he's pretty much out of it right now, and the docs are sayin there is a 1 in a million chance that he will ever walk again!!! This has been tough for all involved and a lot of people want to blame the bike or the fact that they were riding one,even my mom is telling me i should get rid of mine!!! My bike is my life,and I dont think i'll ever stop riding, I know that bikes are dangerous,but so are drugs and cars and jobs and relationships, hell we take a risk just getting out of bed in the morning!!!I plan on enjoying my life and that means taking risks,KEEP RIDING PEOPLE,just be safe!!! I want to organize a benifit ride for the families but i dont have the heart to mention it to anyone right now, anyone know how i should go about this??? Thanks to all, and keep praying for ASHLEY and JEREMY and their families!!!!!
Old 05-10-2004, 04:00 PM

RedHot is an unknown quantity at this point

As for a benefit ride that's always a great idea. I am sure your friend is going to have unbelievable hospital bills.

Go to any bike shop in your area (usually one you or he gave buisness to) and let them know. They might be willing to help you out with a benefit ride. It's a good place to start if it's not something you want to put together yourself (understandable).

In the mean time keep your chin up!! You're right we all take chances everyday no matter what we do. Hang in there.

you have my prayers.
Old 05-10-2004, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by RedHot
As for a benefit ride that's always a great idea. I am sure your friend is going to have unbelievable hospital bills.

Go to any bike shop in your area (usually one you or he gave buisness to) and let them know. They might be willing to help you out with a benefit ride. It's a good place to start if it's not something you want to put together yourself (understandable).

In the mean time keep your chin up!! You're right we all take chances everyday no matter what we do. Hang in there.

you have my prayers.
Thanks dude, he will be having some huge bills and anything will help!!! Its looking like me and some of his other buds are going to put something together....
Old 05-11-2004, 12:35 AM

fformulaws6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear that. Wish him all the best luck in the world. Will pray for him and his family.
Reverend Kevin

Last edited by fformulaws6; 05-11-2004 at 12:41 AM.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:41 AM

StarBoy42_FTP is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry to hear about that bro. i know how you are feeling. i just posted here about a month ago because my friend was killed in an accident. keep your head up man. hope your friend gets better and thier families are in my prayers.
Old 06-19-2004, 10:38 PM

CALLING ALL RIDERS!!!!! I know i havent posted on this for a while, but Jeremy, the fellow sportbiker who lost his wife and his ability to walk needs your support... We finally got a ride going to benifit him and his family, its a poker run on sunday june 27, registration for this ride is between 12:00 and 1:00 pm and the cost is 10.00 per person.The ride starts in our home town of keyser wv, not to far from cumberland md, or morgantown wv. PLEASE, if your able, please come and show your support!!! PM me for more details, I know you dont know him but we will appreciate your support!!!......... THANKS............Brian