My twin brother Jon

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 04:53 PM

Twinstunts is a decent person
My twin brother Jon

I miss you brother. Crashed on 2-25-03. Chico CA. I'll never forget you. Watch over all your family and friends. I love you brother
Old 10-23-2017, 10:55 PM

Bakhos2000 will become famous soon enough
Re: My twin brother Jon

Originally Posted by twinstunts
i miss you brother. Crashed on 2-25-03. Chico ca. I'll never forget you. Watch over all your family and friends. I love you brother
rip
Old 10-24-2017, 01:45 AM

Twinstunts is a decent person
Re: My twin brother Jon

It was a mild, windy February morning when we hit our local road. After about an hour of riding I got a little tank slapper. We were both riding 900rr's. His a 98 and mine a 99. That bike is notorious for slappers and at that time we were still doing second and third gear stuff. No damper. After the little wobble I told my brother we should go home and wait for the wind to die down. He agreed and before we left I told him not to do any third gear stuff. Unfortunately he didn't listen. I was right behind him and watched as his foot clicked up into third a d he rode a sit-down until the wind had got him all rocking side to side. Upon him setting it down, the wobbles turned into the nastiest slapper I've seen. That was his first and last. When his bike left the road he hit the only tree stump on the entire stretch Wich acted like a catapult once the back tire hit. He went 90 yards and was about 30 feet up before he landed in the almond orchard that lined the road. I was in shock and it was so surreal I couldn't believe what I just saw. I ran to him and I could only follow a trail of debris because I could actually see him because of the distance he flew. Upon getting to him, he was on his left side. I rolled him on his back and I just knew that he was gone. I'd never seen a dead person until that day and I couldn't believe it was my identical twin brother Jon. I remember looking at my speedometer and slowing down from 130 mph. The shape his body was in was horrible. I put his head in my lap and made the call to 911. My brother and I were alone on that road for 30 minutes before first responders showed up. It was the worst day ever. He broke his neck among the many other injuries he sustaned and he was gone instantly
​​​​​I left Chico and about 3 months later in June my best friend Jake Marques was killed again right in front of me and again far out where it would take medical help over 30 minutes to arrive. This time though the speeds were lower and Jake was riding a 50/50. He had to put it down quickly and as he moved his leg leg through the bar he kicked and that made his bike fall over. He rolled out of the crash but as he was rolling, he struck a fence post with his chest causing his sternum to crush into his heart. That took his life. We had slowed our wheelies down and both had got dampers. It was not a serious crash and even though he was wearing a t shirt, he didn't have a scratch on him. I was lost at that point as I had just been through this not long before. I'd never seen death and now within 3 months I had burried my twin and now about to bury my best friend. Jake was a natural and was born to ride. He was a stud on the dirt, fast as all hell on the twisties and always loved wheelies. Pretty soon he was no longer interested in the corners and became a full time stunter picking up tricks fast. Fast stoppies. Went from seat stander to jumping to spreader to high chair in the same week. He saw Dan Jackson on the cover of super street bike doing a 50/50 and said "before I die I'm going to have that down!" The day he died he was busting it out in first gear and an hour later was doing them in second as long as he wanted. No hand brake. He was hanging up high and was on a bone stock 2000 Kawasaki Ninja 600. I couldn't believe how quickly he was busting out stuff. One day he told me I've got rolling burnouts down now. When he showed me what he meant he was rolling off the rev limiter in second gear passing cars and it looked like how C-Bear does them in traffic. He was just fearless and I couldn't and can't believe he's gone. If the two of them were alive today they would be loving the stuff going down. I will never give it up and I still ride streets more than the lots. Something about how the open road is. The freeways. The response from others who can't believe what they are seeing. A father driving down the road and getting his kids attention so they can see what your doing. Pulling up to a red light and him saying you made there day or "can you do it again?" I love it. I miss my brother. I miss Jake. I miss sharing the fun. It's nothing I've found with others I ride with. Sometimes I prefer to just ride alone. Especially the streets. Nothing better than rolling out with no set plans. Hitting the freeway and just cruising tall seat standers. Or even just a sidown with the idle. It never gets old. I've been fortunate to have not had any serious crashes on the roads. The worst being my bike shutting off in the middle of a frog to spreader that sent me over the bars so fast. Third gear. Luckily I had a group behind me who were able to keep the traffic off me. I bruised my tailbone but was totally fine. Still not sure why it shut off but it happens. Stay safe and here are to all the fallen riders who have given it all in the name of fun. You are not forgotten and will live forever in our hearts and memories. Thanks for letting me go on and on as it's been a while since I've talked about this. Later on