In memory of John Hew

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 02:18 PM

Tony L can only hope to improve
In memory of John Hew

In memory of John Desmond Hew. John was an awesome guy who did just about everything for everyone. He worked for years as a mechanic for Kenny Roberts and BG-Performance kawasaki in china. Ryan S. and I had the opportunity to work with him in the last year he was a great man. This morning he died at the mercy of a drunk driver link to the story is below.

RIP JOHN

THE ARTICLE

Old 07-06-2008, 12:32 PM

mackyo is a decent person
Re: In memory of John Hew

Hi Tony! I hope you remember me... Macky Ochoa from the Philippines. Skinny, short guy inside the BG office last December (A1 GP time) when you were dismantling a Kawasaki ZX6R, while our good friend John was busy inside his workshop packing another bike. John told you, "no need to drain the brakes!" as you pulled that pail and drained the fluid into it.

Man, i'm gonna miss my dear friend John... It came as a shock to me when Steven broke out the news as we were always in contact through IM everynight as I have so many inquiries regarding our bikes back here in my country.

Damn drunk driver!

Rest in peace John!
Old 07-06-2008, 12:34 PM

yeah i remember you mack hope the boys are well. John was a great guy for sure. I hope his wife and new son are taken care of
Old 07-06-2008, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Tony L
yeah i remember you mack hope the boys are well. John was a great guy for sure. I hope his wife and new son are taken care of
i hope so too man.... i'm gonna be flying in HK next week to catch up with the guys over at BG. hope to see you there with ryan!
Old 07-06-2008, 01:55 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Dam. RIP.
Old 07-06-2008, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by mackyo
i hope so too man.... i'm gonna be flying in HK next week to catch up with the guys over at BG. hope to see you there with ryan!
depending on funds and when the funeral is i'll be there
Old 07-06-2008, 09:59 PM

Amzed is a decent person

Thease past three years i came to know John, He was one of my best best friend in Hong Kong. i love bike never ride before, i like small sports bike for biggner. i told John iam interested in cbr150 he help me to overlook and get one of the best bike for new rider. he allways in my eys. we met eachother weekly once atleas.
The day before he Gon he was with me and other friend in BBQ in deep water bay. and came to my home, we had a chat till midnit then he left say he have to go to work.
Still i cont belive he is gon.
Damn Car driver he took my friends life.
in peace John.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:39 AM

THIS IS WHAT PISSES ME OFF

Hong Kong Island traffic was thrown into chaos yesterday when a 39-year-old Malaysian motorcyclist died after being hit by a car on the Eastern Island Corridor yesterday.
The car's 31-year-old driver was arrested for drink-driving after the accident at about 10.30am near the North Point Ferry. The impact knocked Hew John Desmond off his motorcycle, parts of which were scattered across the road.

The rest of the article points out that the same driver had been involved in an accident in March and "fled the scene." No word on the severity of that accident.

However, the article goes on to mention this:

The driver was injured in the second accident and taken to hospital where he failed an alcohol test. He has been released on HK$10,000 (thats just $1,282.68 USD) bail and ordered to return to police at the end of the month.

His second accident in three months. He was drunk. He killed someone. That's murder in most countries. And he was released on minimal bail and told to come back in 4 weeks?
Old 07-07-2008, 04:04 AM

i've read this news also.... man this is sickening! dui resulting to homicide... tsk tsk... what if he doesn't come back after 4 weeks??

Originally Posted by Tony L
THIS IS WHAT PISSES ME OFF

Hong Kong Island traffic was thrown into chaos yesterday when a 39-year-old Malaysian motorcyclist died after being hit by a car on the Eastern Island Corridor yesterday.
The car's 31-year-old driver was arrested for drink-driving after the accident at about 10.30am near the North Point Ferry. The impact knocked Hew John Desmond off his motorcycle, parts of which were scattered across the road.

The rest of the article points out that the same driver had been involved in an accident in March and "fled the scene." No word on the severity of that accident.

However, the article goes on to mention this:

The driver was injured in the second accident and taken to hospital where he failed an alcohol test. He has been released on HK$10,000 (thats just $1,282.68 USD) bail and ordered to return to police at the end of the month.

His second accident in three months. He was drunk. He killed someone. That's murder in most countries. And he was released on minimal bail and told to come back in 4 weeks?
Old 07-07-2008, 09:54 PM

Aminah is a decent person

i've read this news also.... man this is sickening! dui resulting to homicide... tsk tsk... what if he doesn't come back after 4 weeks??
John is our very close friend. He's with us on the 4th of July 2008 at the Stanley Beach in Hong Kong for a barbeque.

He was so happy at that moment, the smiles and laughter that he shared with us will never be forgotten.

He love his wife so much and I still remember when he told me how lucky he was to have Eagle as his wife and a mother of "little John" and the "littlest John" inside his beloved wife's womb.

I and on behalf of the rest of his friends who was with him during his last day in this world we will be mourning until the cremation of his body on the 28 July 2008.

May our late John rest in peace and God is great, his beloved wife, son and the expected child will be in good hands.

Aminah
Old 07-07-2008, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Aminah
John is our very close friend. He's with us on the 4th of July 2008 at the Stanley Beach in Hong Kong for a barbeque.

He was so happy at that moment, the smiles and laughter that he shared with us will never be forgotten.

He love his wife so much and I still remember when he told me how lucky he was to have Eagle as his wife and a mother of "little John" and the "littlest John" inside his beloved wife's womb.

I and on behalf of the rest of his friends who was with him during his last day in this world we will be mourning until the cremation of his body on the 28 July 2008.

May our late John rest in peace and God is great, his beloved wife, son and the expected child will be in good hands.

Aminah
hi aminah... would you know where his body will lie before the cremation? i will be flying to hk next week and i want to visit.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:09 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

john was a big help to me.......in more ways than one, he was part of the original 3 that brought me over to china my first time.....i've been there 5 times now including an entire summer where i worked next to john every day.....he was the man who i would give a suit case full of parts and say "these make a stunt bike, please put these on that bike over there for me" he would stay up till about 4 am wrenching on my bike and i would show up at 9am and boom! my bike would be ready to rock......after the work was all done john was always down to go out to eat or out to a barbeque and drink some beers, he was a fun guy to chill with......he will definately be missed by myself and the other members of vertical mischief that met him almost 3 years ago now.....i owe alot of my career's success to that man!
Old 07-09-2008, 01:15 AM

The funeral will be in Hunghom on 27th July.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:01 AM

hi aminah... would you know where his body will lie before the cremation? i will be flying to hk next week and i want to visit.
The funeral will be in Hung hom on 27th July at at 3-4 pm.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:50 AM

joey b is an unknown quantity at this point

great guy he will be missed rip
Old 07-20-2008, 08:21 AM

blaq_psy is a decent person

Hey guys... not sure if any of u would know me .. i'm joe... john's bro in kl... the guy he stays with every time he's back in malaysia.... n the guy he stayed with b4 going 2 hk ... i just saw what u guys have writen n said bout him ... its truly appreciated ... much love 2 all of u .. hope 2 c n meet most of u guys in hk .. wished it was on better circumstances...
Old 07-20-2008, 12:12 PM

Ryan and i will both be in HK this week
Old 07-22-2008, 01:03 PM

caribear77 is a decent person

I wish his family peace. Such a hard thing for them. My heart goes out to them.