first bike, need an instructor

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 07:10 PM
Free Riders

AnthonyR6 is a decent person
first bike, need an instructor

I've been around here for a little while, a had an r6 that I wasn't ready to stunt, and just got a few tips for small stuff like staggard wheelies. It's been several seasons, and i've gone through a minty r1 and 929. I finally got my hands on an 01 f4i. I did the pads front, back, rear rotor, and CCT. Got a SI cage, sprocket and chain kit on the way.

I know it's a little late in the season, but i was wondering if anyone near my area was willing to show me the ropes. I'm dying to get in this game, I just want someone to put me on the right path. As soon as i get my hands on the cage and sprockets, I wanna meet up and do work
Old 10-14-2009, 07:11 PM
Post Whore Nazi

MoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: first bike, need an instructor

Winter in MASS is kinda brutal to be riding from what I hear. Good luck though
Old 10-14-2009, 07:23 PM
Squid Supreme

stick1300 will become famous soon enough

I've seen you posting before and can tell you're honestly interested in this. Good luck finding someone to show you the ropes.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:45 PM
Free Riders

thanks for the good wishes
Old 10-15-2009, 11:47 AM

xxberlinettaxx is an unknown quantity at this point

im learning as well. just keep at it.... practice makes perfect......
Old 11-05-2009, 10:55 PM
Free Riders

Just got my cage, and finished gearing my f4i. I'm at -1 +10 with a SI cage and no idea how to stunt. I can't find any places near me either!

Someone must be in the area willing to lend a hand, or a spot.'
apriciate

--
Old 03-03-2010, 06:58 PM
Free Riders

Thumbs up Re: first bike, need an instructor

It's starting to warm up, I still need a mentor ..

I also can't find any spots around me! I'm willing to ride an hour or two in either direction of me for someone to help me out and get me started... worcester, boston, north of boston, south of boston, holla if you hear me now!

I wanna get into the sport, I know it's a lot about practice, muscle memory, and drilling stuff on your own but i thought it'd be cool if I could learn the basics from someone who knows what there doin'

Lemme kno, I wanna ridee
Old 03-03-2010, 07:31 PM
M.A.S.S. MAYHEM 4 OUT NOW

Kevin ETP is a jewel in the roughKevin ETP is a jewel in the roughKevin ETP is a jewel in the rough

i will let you know if we go out this sunday we ride in hyde park
Old 03-03-2010, 08:04 PM
Free Riders

Alright man thanks, I don't wanna keep you guys from doin' your thing tho. maybe i'll just watch, see if I can't pick up some tips.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:32 PM
M.A.S.S. MAYHEM 4 OUT NOW

Kevin ETP is a jewel in the roughKevin ETP is a jewel in the roughKevin ETP is a jewel in the rough

sounds good man
Old 03-07-2010, 09:47 PM

o0dfuse0o is a decent person

Originally Posted by AnthonyR6
Alright man thanks, I don't wanna keep you guys from doin' your thing tho. maybe i'll just watch, see if I can't pick up some tips.
police cant even stop them from doing their thing... except Sick Nate from mass. they allll use to know his white 636 lol knocking on his door and **** from what i remember him saying.

best tip i can give you bro, is practice at your own pace, the old saying, you hang out with winners, you become a winner, hang out with losers, you become a loser, hang out with stunters you become a stunna. My first wheelie on video impressed me soo much it was about 5 seconds sit down wheelie. i took the frontage roads that follow the highway to work everyday. practiced at my own pace. first time the front end came up was about a foot, scared shitless.

wont keep this too long, or its boring to read. but heres the way i got started, and i hope it works for you.

-"Bunny hop" the bike (not litterally as we know it here) but feel your bike, small clutch, little gas. main tip i learned was dont go for that mile wheelie your first time the wheel comes off the ground. Wheelie with intentions to bring it right back down. feel that clutch.

-Bring it up a foot. set it down. bring it up a foot with the clutch, set it down. go a little higher and and a little farther as you get use to the bike. sooon enought you'll do a decent sit down. Throttle and clutch control is key for beginning dont chop the thottle.

as you advance, (AT YOUR PACE!) once you feel ready to do a stand up. its gonna feel the same way. staggard position. right foot over the brake (unless you have a hand brake, cover one of them) staggard is a good way to learn tho left on passenger peg. right on foot brake peg. shoot the forks down. clutch it up, and "Bunny hop it again" first foot is gonna feel like your hitting 12 oclock. BUT YOUR NOT..

hope this helps. its KEY for me. again. never practice stuff you dont wake up 1 day and realize u know what yoru doin. you'll feel it.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:33 AM
Free Riders

^ Great post thanks bro!