What will Rob Durren come up with next.

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 08:11 PM
RJD

RJD is a decent person
Re: What will Rob Durren come up with next.

Originally Posted by csiamanis
I will choose my time and not watch that again.

damn, dude... now your even hatin on a vid?
Old 07-21-2008, 08:15 PM
†★ King of brake lines ★†

Juca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
i dont know what this guy does really if anything but hes not really claiming **** either....he seems to be a dude thats real pumped about bikes so i cant find any reason to be mad at him. unlike 80% of the dudes on here claiming all types of **** and not doing it. ppl are so angry lol **** it man do whatever u do.
+1 thrue
Old 07-21-2008, 08:15 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by RJD
first i cant believe no one anywhere hasn't done this before,, but...
put front pegs on a pos and learn to ride backwards a little faster each time. think of it like a unicycle...or more like when your going down a shallow hill backwards on a bicycle..you can go for a while the more you do it.. and you lay on the rear brake. you go over fast. i started out with a pos , which is now wrecked ****. trick is you can't counter steer, or i should say its reversed.. you gotta steer the back of the bike from the front cuz your on the front and yeah you feel the weight.. you gotta do it with pressure and leaning only.. the hardest part is starting out with two hands cuz you gotta atleast have your right for the clutch and your left foot on the right peg. when rollin a little you use the handle on the tank or whereever you put it... it is a true bitch at first and you can really only go in straight lines.. and you have to have a physical connect between steering axis center and bike frame using your arm and the handle and still positioning for balance. notice the handle on my tank? you have to use the inside area between your thumb and index of your left hand to roll the thottle so you can still brake it right, otherwise your hand would be in the wrong position when it comes up and it will be pushing your whole forearm down and you can't catch the rear. when you coax the front brake its gonna come up way faster than if you were doin a reg stoppie... but its actually easier, cuz all your weight is on the front and nothing on the rear.. and you also use your body weight to increase the pitching moment of the bike around the front axle right as you brake by leaning back. and you gotta have something higher up to catch when it gets around 60-70 degrees vertical or so. i used the rear peg assembly. if you were on a bicycle you could do this no problem tomorrow. with a motorbike you have to deal with the additional weight. like i said i dropped the pos over and over before i even considered my 10 which got dropped once on the right. in the pic youll see my inside right knee against the left end cap to help stabilize the the forks.. column and rest of the bike.... letting the thing down is another story
video?
Old 07-21-2008, 09:01 PM
RJD

RJD is a decent person

Originally Posted by stock05
video?
after miami, yes

and if you want my i say screw the vid for now and just go out and start doing it tomorrow. you'll probably have it even before i do the shop. i didnt expect this to come up in SL, and since it has i've laid it out.

another thing is you might want to trick out the ECU and slacken up the throttle response if your FI. its tricky getting used to using your left hand and backwards to control the juice...although once the rear is off the ground it doesn't matter
Old 07-21-2008, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by RJD
after miami, yes

and if you want my i say screw the vid for now and just go out and start doing it tomorrow. you'll probably have it even before i do the shop. i didnt expect this to come up in SL, and since it has i've laid it out.

another thing is you might want to trick out the ECU and slacken up the throttle response if your FI. its tricky getting used to using your left hand and backwards to control the juice...although once the rear is off the ground it doesn't matter
i dont own a bike anymore im just curious
Old 07-21-2008, 09:49 PM

Nick Apex is a decent person

Originally Posted by RJD
first i cant believe no one anywhere hasn't done this before,, but...
put front pegs on a pos and learn to ride backwards a little faster each time. think of it like a unicycle...or more like when your going down a shallow hill backwards on a bicycle..you can go for a while the more you do it.. and you lay on the rear brake. you go over fast. i started out with a pos , which is now wrecked ****. trick is you can't counter steer, or i should say its reversed.. you gotta steer the back of the bike from the front cuz your on the front and yeah you feel the weight.. you gotta do it with pressure and leaning only.. the hardest part is starting out with two hands cuz you gotta atleast have your right for the clutch and your left foot on the right peg. when rollin a little you use the handle on the tank or whereever you put it... it is a true bitch at first and you can really only go in straight lines.. and you have to have a physical connect between steering axis center and bike frame using your arm and the handle and still positioning for balance. notice the handle on my tank? you have to use the inside area between your thumb and index of your left hand to roll the thottle so you can still brake it right, otherwise your hand would be in the wrong position when it comes up and it will be pushing your whole forearm down and you can't catch the rear. when you coax the front brake its gonna come up way faster than if you were doin a reg stoppie... but its actually easier, cuz all your weight is on the front and nothing on the rear.. and you also use your body weight to increase the pitching moment of the bike around the front axle right as you brake by leaning back. and you gotta have something higher up to catch when it gets around 60-70 degrees vertical or so. i used the rear peg assembly. if you were on a bicycle you could do this no problem tomorrow. with a motorbike you have to deal with the additional weight. like i said i dropped the pos over and over before i even considered my 10 which got dropped once on the right. in the pic youll see my inside right knee against the left end cap to help stabilize the the forks.. column and rest of the bike.... letting the thing down is another story
From someone who has been working on switchback endos, can ride on his fender switchback, and above all, has a firm grasp of bike control.

There is NO way you're doing this rolling by yourself. This is something you posed for a photo. To loop a fender-switchback endo and catch it is something that not only has yet to be done. But poorly attempted at best by the worlds top riders.

That said, I don't care what you do for fun. But don't come on here and lie to us like we're a bunch of idiot squids who don't know anything about physics let alone motorcycles. Is it possible? Yes, by all means, have you done it, no. Not to say your going to get a lot from this community of misfits, but have some respect.

This bullshit is about as thick as some of the leach riders sponsor resumes.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:55 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

Originally Posted by Nick Apex
From someone who has been working on switchback endos, can ride on his fender switchback, and above all, has a firm grasp of bike control.

There is NO way you're doing this rolling by yourself. This is something you posed for a photo. To loop a fender-switchback endo and catch it is something that not only has yet to be done. But poorly attempted at best by the worlds top riders.

That said, I don't care what you do for fun. But don't come on here and lie to us like we're a bunch of idiot squids who don't know anything about physics let alone motorcycles. Is it possible? Yes, by all means, have you done it, no. Not to say your going to get a lot from this community of misfits, but have some respect.

i agree.....i am with you 100 percent on this......
Old 07-21-2008, 10:11 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

+1

I don't even **** with switch back ANYTHING yet..
But he really thinks he can bull **** people that stunt everyday, into thinking this guy that doesn't stunt, can somehow do a trick no stunter has ever done?
Old 07-21-2008, 10:24 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

IthinkItsBroke is a decent person

+1, when i first saw that picture on his myspace default i was wondering how many people really thought he had his bike up like that without someone picking it up
Old 07-21-2008, 11:00 PM

Radius is a decent person

Maybe I don't know how things work around here but I haven't seen the guy show any disrespect yet. In fact the guy seem like he's trying to share his knowledge and all most people are doing is busting his ***** for it. Maybe the guy didn't know he couldn't do it? I mean I'm not saying he did or didn't and maybe he's a squid but I do think it's possible. Granted there's a lot of weight difference between a bicycle and a sport bike, but the principle is the same and back in the day I used to rock this move constantly on my bike (bicycle) all the time. I'd hit the brake and up the back end would come. The problem was it would go sideways if I didn't keep it pretty straight which didn't happen much after I got good, and I have seen guys do very similar things on dirt bikes so why should this be all that much different? I'd rather keep an open mind about it than just say it can't be done. Just my 2 pesos.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:06 PM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

Stuntlife.com is fun, even if you are awful at it.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:10 PM

Standupnfall is a decent person

And if you read his "how to" he just posted, he said grab the REAR BRAKE, how will that pop a stoppie??
Old 07-21-2008, 11:21 PM

Nick Apex is a decent person

Originally Posted by Radius
Maybe I don't know how things work around here but I haven't seen the guy show any disrespect yet. In fact the guy seem like he's trying to share his knowledge and all most people are doing is busting his ***** for it. Maybe the guy didn't know he couldn't do it? I mean I'm not saying he did or didn't and maybe he's a squid but I do think it's possible. Granted there's a lot of weight difference between a bicycle and a sport bike, but the principle is the same and back in the day I used to rock this move constantly on my bike (bicycle) all the time. I'd hit the brake and up the back end would come. The problem was it would go sideways if I didn't keep it pretty straight which didn't happen much after I got good, and I have seen guys do very similar things on dirt bikes so why should this be all that much different? I'd rather keep an open mind about it than just say it can't be done. Just my 2 pesos.
I was speaking of the respect you give elders. The way we all didn't to our teachers. As in, don't tell me you didn't eat the paste Jimmy, its all over your lips.

Like I said, it can be done, but to come on here after your fake photo was posted and say you did it is stupid.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by RJD
after miami, yes
well, we will all be waiting.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:28 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

I sort of tatered off and didn't read the whole thing, but I've seen Nick ride enough times to know he can back up what he says.

because he's an alien.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:35 PM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by stock05
well, we will all be waiting.
for infinity.. cuz it's not going to happen
Old 07-21-2008, 11:35 PM

Mikey SBF will become famous soon enoughMikey SBF will become famous soon enough

wooooooooooo hoooooooooooo come out to xdl and win sickest trick
Old 07-21-2008, 11:36 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

they should just make a sickest wreck contest

Last edited by excessa; 07-21-2008 at 11:36 PM. Reason: with an o in it

Radius is a decent person

Originally Posted by Standupnfall
And if you read his "how to" he just posted, he said grab the REAR BRAKE, how will that pop a stoppie??
He said rear brake if you're going backwards down a hill on a bicycle. I gather it was supposed to be an example. I got what he meant right away because I used to be heavy into BMX. Often I'd come down the ramp backwards and rear brake it in the middle to bring it up and swing it around the other way. I also used to ride on the front pegs and I could ride it for a distance. When I pinched the front brake the back would come up and I'd grab the seat.

Originally Posted by excessa
I sort of tatered off and didn't read the whole thing, but I've seen Nick ride enough times to know he can back up what he says.

because he's an alien.
how did you go from posting novels to posting erack type comments? are you taking some of his meds?

Quick Reply: What will Rob Durren come up with next.