tired of Cops and Tickets?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 09:41 AM
dedrater

verticaljay is a decent person
tired of Cops and Tickets?

I see a lot of posts on here about gettin busted for stuntin and gettin screwed by the police

Do you wanna know how to avoid a ton of BS with the police?

Heres a few tips that has left our group with 1 ticket in 2 yrs........ and we ride everyday!

1. Stay off main roads.......... find a practice spot out of the way with no traffic i.e. dead end roads or industrial parks (Dont practice when businesses are open!)

2. STOP riding when any 4 wheeled vehicle comes by.... wheeling by cars will only cause drivers to get pissed off and make that one call on the cell that you dont want

3. STOCK PIPES! aftermarket pipes are LOUD and will draw attention, even 1 person with a loud aftermarket will ruin it... whether it be the old lady calling to complain about noise or some cop driving by hearing the bikes and wanting to check it out. Stock pipes can barely be heard from 500 ft away

4. DONT pull **** on the way to the spot..... dont draw attention to yourself... this will ruin your spot and lead others to where your riding

5. keep your spot secret..... bring one person there and next thing you know there will be 100 peeps there and then your spot is ruined......

6. If your spot is wrecked or drawing a lot of attention dont keep riding there, find a temporary new spot, chances are if the po po keep checkin on it peeps will leave it alone after a few months and so will the police then you can go back.

7. If you have a bunch of spots that have a lot of traffic, spend a short amount of time there and then move on to the other... the longer you hang there the more chances you have of getting busted

8. Burnouts = if the police are doing a random check of a spot and see these marks they are guaranteed to come back more frequently to see who is leaving these marks..... It also lets all others riders know your there..... burnouts are a calling card for trouble.

Just lettin all you know what has worked for us for the past 2 yrs

hope it helps

just my .02 's
Old 09-25-2003, 10:51 AM
BiZ

BiZ is an unknown quantity at this point
number 8 was the best advice....I like all the advice, it makes sense and that is how you should do it... most of the old school stunters here in ohio follow the same basic rules...

this thread should be a sticky.
Old 09-25-2003, 11:04 AM

Tick_9se7en3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Our spot is nice and small and not near any houses which in itself is a miracle in Northern NJ. You can only get away with slow speed crap and a few other tricks at our spot because it is short so that pretty much keeps the rifraff out.
Old 09-25-2003, 11:11 AM
dedrater

Originally posted by BiZ
number 8 was the best advice....I like all the advice, it makes sense and that is how you should do it... most of the old school stunters here in ohio follow the same basic rules...

this thread should be a sticky.
Yeah it sux not to do em cause they are so much fun but it will ruin your spot so fast u wont know what happened.

Only reason why one of us got a ticket in 2 yrs is cause we didnt follow #6 and let a spot cool down long enough
Old 09-25-2003, 12:37 PM
Lacks self-control

C6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud of
Yea I guy I ride with has a D&D pipe thats hollowed out...whenever he rides with us we might as well just stunt in the city hall parking lot, cops allways find us.....
Old 09-25-2003, 12:50 PM

TEDDY.B is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: tired of Cops and Tickets?

not following...
Originally posted by verticaljay
5. keep your spot secret..... bring one person there and next thing you know there will be 100 peeps there and then your spot is ruined.......
lead to
Originally posted by verticaljay
8. Burnouts = if the police are doing a random check of a spot and see these marks they are guaranteed to come back more frequently to see who is leaving these marks..... It also lets all others riders know your there..... burnouts are a calling card for trouble
told a couple people about our spot and now there are more "other" people riding there than us. AND there are burnout all over the spot. this was a perfect spot, so hidden, in 6 hours maybe 3 cars would drive by. and now it's all but ruined.
Old 09-25-2003, 01:15 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

GRSiK26 is just really niceGRSiK26 is just really niceGRSiK26 is just really niceGRSiK26 is just really nice
Thats all so very true... ESPECIALLY 8!!! and ESPECIALLY in business parking lots!!! Like some STUPID F**KERS around here!! You can tell them and tell them till your blue in the face they dont listen (well known riders-- will not mention names) but that is how they know you nailed everything on the head Jay
Old 09-25-2003, 01:42 PM

ZANNMANN can only hope to improve
yup i heard that, i get to our topsecret g14 classified spot like a couple of nights ago and what is there every where,but not from big bikes i notice as i look closer. yup it was from fiftys. they were everywhere black as black burnout marks get ,and from fiftys . no respect i tell ya i get no respeccctt
lata,
mike
Old 09-25-2003, 02:38 PM

CBRLuva is an unknown quantity at this point
If all else fails...run!
Old 09-25-2003, 02:56 PM

ftrain is a decent person
Originally posted by ZANNMANN
yup i heard that, i get to our topsecret g14 classified spot like a couple of nights ago and what is there every where,but not from big bikes i notice as i look closer. yup it was from fiftys. they were everywhere black as black burnout marks get ,and from fiftys . no respect i tell ya i get no respeccctt
lata,
mike
Humm, I think I know the spot you are talking about. Damn kiddies from your hood did that. That is what you get for you or josh telling them about the spot.
Old 09-25-2003, 03:03 PM
dedrater

Originally posted by CBRLuva
If all else fails...run!

Please see rule #2

if you stop for all 4 wheeled vehicles you arent doing anything when they show up are you

How do they write a ticket for something you didnt do?
Old 09-25-2003, 03:10 PM

blurrymonster is an unknown quantity at this point
That’s definitely good advice.
Old 09-25-2003, 03:13 PM

DetroitStyle is a decent person
There's a spot that I go to. Many of the local groups/teams use it. I went there with a friend, who wasn't part of a team. Because at that point, and still at this point, I wasn't really good friends with any of the guys... I do not tell anybody where it is.

I won't even tell my roommate. Basically, as I see it, it's not mine to disclose. I've gotten several PMs asking where it is, and I say the same thing.
Old 09-25-2003, 03:21 PM

LUNATIC is an unknown quantity at this point
If i would just stop stunting on public streets maybe Id still have a liscense!!
Old 09-25-2003, 03:27 PM
dedrater

We ask all peeps that end up at our spot to respect it...

Follow ALL rules and its fine to play around in. We dont tell anyone but if they happen to find it we politely ask that they do the same we do (after all we dont own the road) so we can all have a place to practice that is without troubles.

when someone shows up and thinks they are the Sh*t and doesnt listen... we move to the next spot
Old 09-25-2003, 03:57 PM

nicky1.8t is an unknown quantity at this point
good advise # is the best one though
Old 09-25-2003, 04:36 PM
Lick Tha Ballz

JPratt can only hope to improve
This is real good advice. I've found alot of spots recently with the help of my lady. And I think there will be a few i keep to myself. But the cool thing is, most wont have any room for dragracing(LOL). :YEAH
Old 09-25-2003, 08:06 PM

Kev900RR is an unknown quantity at this point
"FTP"
Old 09-25-2003, 08:09 PM

Kev900RR is an unknown quantity at this point
You should print that out and send it to everyone. very good advice, I go by the same laws and havn't got one ticket this year.

Quick Reply: tired of Cops and Tickets?