Chosing a bike

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 12:06 AM

Duggz is a decent person
Chosing a bike

SO...This year i ditched my kx250 supermoto because im sick of doing so much maintenance just to keep the thing from exploding...(weekly oil changes, rebuilds, etc) My local scene is mainly Groms and maybe a few guys stunt sport bikes. Looking to spend about $3k-$4k on either a Grom or a sportbike. My main question here is how long will an F4i/636 last? Seems like guys go through stunt bikes like air ha. Want a bike that will last me at LEAST a few years, without having to rebuild it (my kx ruined rebuilds for me) so should i go with a grom? And when she pops around whatever miles just buy a new motor for a few hundred bucks, or buy a used sportbike with 15k ish miles on it and hope she lasts? Literally have cash sitting here not being able to decide lol. HELP!
Old 02-20-2018, 05:12 AM

StuntGear is a decent person
Re: Chosing a bike

I'm pretty new on stunting and i don't know much about building motors.
But i got a F4i last summer and haven't had much problems with it. (except i have to fix the front fork.)
I know this isn't much, but i hope this still helps someway .

I had same thing that i didn't want to be in the garage with the motor all the time as i don't know much about building them.
So i chose the F4i, because i have heard from few of my stunt bros that it's bomb proof and it can take a lot.
Stock front is pretty soft for endos (at least on my bike, but what i have read it can be fixed with stiffer oil.)

So that is my reason why i chose F4i.