zx6rr forks raise or lower in triple 4 stoppies

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 04:16 PM

C-Dub is an unknown quantity at this point
zx6rr forks raise or lower in triple 4 stoppies

anybody raised or lowered there forks into the triple for better stoppies? ik it changes the geometry, BUT how much?? what does it affect and what changes do i need to look for?? im runnin stock clip ons flipped nd turned back towards me, i like the closer feel, seems like its easier to lock my arms, and it alot more comforable..

any advice? info? setup? how many mm or inches shoould i raise or lower the forks in the triple?
Old 06-24-2013, 04:42 PM
The Bike Butcher

Sparky88 is a decent person
Re: zx6rr forks raise or lower in triple 4 stoppies

http://bikearama.com/theory/motorcyc...ail-explained/
Old 06-24-2013, 04:44 PM
The Bike Butcher

Read that so you have a better understanding. Then make small incremental adjustments of 5-10mm and ride at varying speeds/conditions before recording your thoughts. This makes you a scientist.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:52 PM
The Bike Butcher

I recently fitted vortex clipons above my triples and this effectively raised my forks 30mm. I love it. Wheelies are a little harder(takes a couple of goes to tet used to) but Stoppies are easier.

Also consider other adjustments such as your rebound/compression damping, springs, preload and sag. You can tweak all of these to make Stoppies easier but remember that suspension/geometry settings area compromise and no one setting will be perfect for everything. So don't
Old 06-28-2013, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Sparky88
I recently fitted vortex clipons above my triples and this effectively raised my forks 30mm. I love it. Wheelies are a little harder(takes a couple of goes to tet used to) but Stoppies are easier.

Also consider other adjustments such as your rebound/compression damping, springs, preload and sag. You can tweak all of these to make Stoppies easier but remember that suspension/geometry settings area compromise and no one setting will be perfect for everything. So don't

cool thx. right now i have raised em 8mm up into the triples (just did this yesturday) i used sportbike riders recommended way of useing preload adjuster to set the geomety, trying that out this weekend, im running 7 clicks from hard, full soft on the compression and 4 lines showing on preload, stoppies are ok, but they dnt come up quick, i want to roll em but just cant seem to get in movin, i can roll maybe 2-3 feet . but ill try this thx for the info, we"ll see how it goes! haha
Old 06-29-2013, 03:34 PM
www.GSENick.com

GSE Nick is a decent person

Don't worry about set up as much as technic. If your only doing maybe 5 feet then def don't worry about perfect set up till u get them down and learn balance and steering. Be smooth with your breaking. Being jerky will for sure send u over. And when u wanna keep the bike straight drop your shoulders to move the bike. Keep your arms tight. For instance, if u get it up and the tail is going right, drop your right shoulder and it will straighten it out. Forget about moving your forks.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:43 PM
Administrators

WHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by GSE Nick
Don't worry about set up as much as technic. If your only doing maybe 5 feet then def don't worry about perfect set up till u get them down and learn balance and steering. Be smooth with your breaking. Being jerky will for sure send u over. And when u wanna keep the bike straight drop your shoulders to move the bike. Keep your arms tight. For instance, if u get it up and the tail is going right, drop your right shoulder and it will straighten it out. Forget about moving your forks.
I like this guy... Well Said Man...
Old 07-12-2013, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by GSE Nick
thx for the advice, since i posted this i have been rolling stoppies ( only 15-20 ft) lol. but im learning that body positioning is all about the performance of the bike... locking my arms and with a slight push down on the bars, and lock the tank with my legs... ( i went back to stock bars)= changed my geometry of the bike handles like i want, i may need different/wider bars or db bars, to help the feel more comfortable.... thx dude
Old 07-12-2013, 11:18 PM
The Bike Butcher

GSE makes a good point. Pros can Stoppie anything with enough body English.
That being said I'm not that good and the geometry change gave me a confidence boost. Even if it was only a placebo lol
Old 07-15-2013, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Sparky88
GSE makes a good point. Pros can Stoppie anything with enough body English.
That being said I'm not that good and the geometry change gave me a confidence boost. Even if it was only a placebo lol
haha i hear ya.