Lot sessions/practice progress thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 10:55 AM

Sfighter900 is a decent person
Lot sessions/practice progress thread

Well i finally got most of my stuff to start hitting the lot already. i got my 12 bar, cage, subcage, handbreak. all i need is my sprockets. This 1st video i made i have stock sprockets and im just focusing on hitting/getting that BP or atleast near it without trying to catch it by giving it alot of gas. Give me you alls opinions and info to help me out on what im doing wrong. ill be uploading atleast every 2-3 days.

Well here it is, 1st lot session ever kinda hard to clutch it up on stock gearing, thats why im going kinda fast.

Old 06-25-2012, 02:51 PM

SALTY is a decent person
Re: Lot sessions/practice progress thread

start your wheelie even slower! You're good at catching it, but you're starting a little fast requiring more speed to pick it up. Guys with skillz slow stunt on stock sprockets. Keep it up! Good work!
Old 06-25-2012, 08:23 PM

Thanks man i been trying em around 3-4mph now. in this video it was 10mph really hard from deadstop on stock sprockets
Old 06-25-2012, 09:06 PM

ak47 is a decent person

Looks pretty good...i started off sitting down...and im only 2 up, on the rear..it seems 2 work good 4 me..
Old 06-25-2012, 09:55 PM

Jus got home from my 2nd lot seasion i can say its alot better than yesterdays. i bring em up ALOT SLOWER than the video. I got to use my handbreak today from looping out, but thats all in the learning process
Old 06-25-2012, 10:30 PM

A-bloxx is a decent person

your doing good, thats exactly how i started. one thing that i see is that your leaning towards the tank its harder to stay on bp on slow wheelies, try to lean back, lock your arms dont let them bent, youll feel it scarier but when you get used to it ill be much easier stay focused and try slowing down your wheelies gradually.also wear some gear for your elbow and knees trust me it fu**ing hurts when you hit the ground and get scraped up lols. IMO everytime when i got hurt it set me back on my lot practice.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:26 PM

kapzanass1 is a decent person

Looks waaay better than me. Did you start standing or sitting down... all mine are done sitting at about twenty miles an hour.. i have stock sprockets ... im also doing them in second gear .. should i slow down and do them in first gear?
Old 06-26-2012, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by kapzanass1
Looks waaay better than me. Did you start standing or sitting down... all mine are done sitting at about twenty miles an hour.. i have stock sprockets ... im also doing them in second gear .. should i slow down and do them in first gear?

Before i started trying doing lot wheelies, i would do 2nd gear stand ups. i would take them for miles, thats how i guess got me prepared and knowing where my balance point is.

check it out my other vid before lot, these are 2nd gear.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw4YTC4-0Sk&feature=g-upl https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/cFGK11iG1Q8&feature

Last edited by Sfighter900; 06-26-2012 at 09:07 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:38 PM

well heres my 2nd lot session on my 3rd day of practice up and down my road. then hit the lot. im doing them a alot slower than i was in the 1st video. i got a lil to comfortable today tho i 12 o clocked my and fell but thats all in the learning proccess tho lol.!, not that bad. bike was good and kept going at it. After looping out i kinda got more confident in getting higher into the wheelie. i used my handbrake more today than yesterday. i been trying to keep my arms locked like some of ya said. might take some time to get the hang of it tho.

Heres the Video of my 3rd day practicing and 2nd time at the lot, give me info guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR4l9Pmfu0o&feature=g-upl
Old 06-27-2012, 12:09 PM

snowzzr600 is a decent person

are the stand up easier to control?
Old 06-27-2012, 02:38 PM

Than 1st gear.? Yeah i think so, thats all throttle control.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:17 AM

Cbrlando is a decent person

Go seatstander and crank your idle to like 4000
Old 06-29-2012, 07:56 PM

3rd slow wheelie practice, i can say im getting better... what ya guys think? i know its not at a lot, but im practicing what i would be doing at a lot lol.

=youtube;1sUpZbvJ46Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sUpZbvJ46Q&feature=g-upl
Old 06-29-2012, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Cbrlando
i dont think im at that level yet, plus i still waiting in getting my sprockets, all this im doing right now is on stock sprockets.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:51 AM
.Blessed.

.BeEazy600rr. is a decent person

Those look awesome brother your getting those up pretty clean. I am new to stunting and just barely put the sprocket kit on my 929 a few days ago. My god does is stand up quiiiick. I'm having a hell of a time learning to properly use my handbrake right now. But your progressing quick, keep up the good work!
Old 07-02-2012, 03:08 AM
handicrippled

swampy is a decent person

Originally Posted by snowzzr600
are the stand up easier to control?
yes and no...starting out a lot of ppl go staggard (one foot on the passenger peg other covering the brake) especially if you dont have a handbrake..but when it comes to the point when your ready to do circles then yes..

Originally Posted by Sfighter900
Than 1st gear.? Yeah i think so, thats all throttle control.
no slow wheelies are both throttle and brake control, if your useing more throttle then brake then your not at bp...

Originally Posted by Cbrlando
good and bad idea, bringing the idle up will help out but hitting seat standers right off the bat thats all about how confertable the rider is.. i know a lot of ppl and they all start with what is confertable for them...if its sit downs, staggered, back pegs, or ss...most ppl start with sit downs or staggered to learn because it helps out with learning your brake control..

i dont think im at that level yet, plus i still waiting in getting my sprockets, all this im doing right now is on stock sprockets.
sprockets help but are not needed, plenty of ppl run stock and do lot stuff.. as far as using the excuse that you cant pop it up on stock it kinda pointless to say... its all about being confertable with the bike and learning consistancy with where you need to be with the throttle to pop it up... as stated above putting the idle up between 3-4g will help if your going for slow wheelies and if your using your gas more then your brake instead of both equally if not more brake then your not at bp... by now if ya havent hit your 12bar (which i havent watched your vids all the way through to know for sure) you probably havent really hit bp often cuz sooner or later from everyone ive know so far you will hit it cuz you will come back to far and from what is see in the vids your getting closer but not quite there yet..keep at it you will get there.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:17 AM
handicrippled

Originally Posted by A-bloxx
your doing good, thats exactly how i started. one thing that i see is that your leaning towards the tank its harder to stay on bp on slow wheelies, try to lean back, lock your arms dont let them bent, youll feel it scarier but when you get used to it ill be much easier stay focused and try slowing down your wheelies gradually.also wear some gear for your elbow and knees trust me it fu**ing hurts when you hit the ground and get scraped up lols. IMO everytime when i got hurt it set me back on my lot practice.
good points in here.. gear is a must, as of right now i have scrapes, cuts and bruises from this weekend because of crashing at the lot...im no where near pro lvl and i am a squid in every way and im just offering my two cents in from all the questions and experiences ive had through out the years...im not farther then i am now because of lack of seat time... anywho locking your arms yes/no depends on the rider, and actually its more confertable to have your arms bent.. if you watch a lot of vids you will see enough ppl ride with thier arms bent a lil. as far as being on the tank you gotta remember hes doing rear pegs so its gonna look like hes on the tank more depending on his height but even with that said yes you are a little to far foward...if you watch you will see when you start to bring it up you are leaning forward as the bike comes up which will make it a lil harder but everyone does it and it takes time to get away from doing it.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by swampy
good points in here.. gear is a must, as of right now i have scrapes, cuts and bruises from this weekend because of crashing at the lot...im no where near pro lvl and i am a squid in every way and im just offering my two cents in from all the questions and experiences ive had through out the years...im not farther then i am now because of lack of seat time... anywho locking your arms yes/no depends on the rider, and actually its more confertable to have your arms bent.. if you watch a lot of vids you will see enough ppl ride with thier arms bent a lil. as far as being on the tank you gotta remember hes doing rear pegs so its gonna look like hes on the tank more depending on his height but even with that said yes you are a little to far foward...if you watch you will see when you start to bring it up you are leaning forward as the bike comes up which will make it a lil harder but everyone does it and it takes time to get away from doing it.

thanks for all the tips man, i appreciate it. i have actually 12d my bike 3 times already but none of them i get to record them cause i never have anyone to go with me..As far as the leaning forward part, i already corrected that part in me, i now find it alot easier and feel alot more comfortable when i lock my elbows/arm, But i mean i only have one week practicing this and i think i cought up pretty quick compared to some other ppl that i know that have been trying it for months, ill make sure to keep at it.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:42 AM
handicrippled

thanks for all the tips man, i appreciate it. i have actually 12d my bike 3 times already but none of them i get to record them cause i never have anyone to go with me..As far as the leaning forward part, i already corrected that part in me, i now find it alot easier and feel alot more comfortable when i lock my elbows/arm, But i mean i only have one week practicing this and i think i cought up pretty quick compared to some other ppl that i know that have been trying it for months, ill make sure to keep at it.

yep thats all it takes is the seat time and to push yourself to keep progressing...and yes some ppl take to stunt riding quick others no so much, its all about not being scared to wreak cuz its going to happen sooner or later but like i said to what you feel is confertable and take advise as you get it and use what you think will help you because everyone is different so there for everyone learns things different but keep at it you will get it
Old 07-21-2012, 10:23 PM

Well guys i went to the lot and i can say i hit idle a couple of good times today. except my dumb Friend never recorded **** and was just watching.! WTF He only took like 5 videos-__- got the best 3 out of those and made a SHORT video hitting BP. I'm still chasing them a lil cause im not used to the sprocket yet with the 2nd day using it. so im having a lil trouble coming straight to balance point gotta give it a extra blip to go to BP. But All in all im progressing

Well heres the video. Here ya go.

Last edited by Sfighter900; 07-21-2012 at 10:28 PM.

Quick Reply: Lot sessions/practice progress thread