Looking where to start

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 01:32 AM

DeNoZZo is a decent person
Looking where to start

I am looking to get into stunting, and need a starter stunt bike. I can ride bp highway (~65mph) wheelies all day so I'm not a complete newb, but I want to take things to a lot and learn slower stuff. I don't want to use my 09 zx6r (as good of a stunt bike I hear they are) for stunting, because I do trackdays and want to use it for that. So anyways I've been looking around at some bikes on crashed toys.com that are damaged or repoed to turn into a stunt bike. I've been looking at bikes from second gen r6's to the common zx6r/636 and f4i's.

I'll take anything within my price range really. And I'm looking to spend no more than $1400 on the bike alone. I found a 93 honda 900rr locally in my price range and had read multiple places that they are good starter stunt bikes. Are there any common things to look out for when stunting those bikes? I'm open to any suggestions. Right after getting the bike of choice, I plan on at minimum doing a sprocket/cage/rear handbrake.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:04 AM

DrakStunt is a decent person
Re: Looking where to start

900RR is a great way to start off. They did have some problems with the front right motor mount braking back in the day, but that was typically more due to the old cage designs, and specifically F.I. at that. If you get a Sick cage or other 3-point design, sprocket set, and handbrake you should be good to go. Though I'd recommend adding an EZ-Pull lever too.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:23 AM
iridear6 is a homo

aut117 is a decent person

Originally Posted by DrakStunt
900RR is a great way to start off. They did have some problems with the front right motor mount braking back in the day, but that was typically more due to the old cage designs, and specifically F.I. at that. If you get a Sick cage or other 3-point design, sprocket set, and handbrake you should be good to go. Though I'd recommend adding an EZ-Pull lever too.
i really hope your not telling this guy to start off on a 900rr

its not back in the day anymore its 2011 get with the times and stop giving shitty advice
Old 10-06-2011, 10:30 AM

DeNoZZo is a decent person

Originally Posted by aut117
i really hope your not telling this guy to start off on a 900rr

its not back in the day anymore its 2011 get with the times and stop giving shitty advice
Tell me what to start on then, give me some advice?
Old 10-06-2011, 11:29 AM

DrakStunt is a decent person

Originally Posted by DeNoZZo
I'll take anything within my price range really. And I'm looking to spend no more than $1400 on the bike alone.
Bikes like F4I, 636, and ZX6R are all ideal bikes for stunting. Though they are still likely to cost more than your budget. If your looking for "anything within $1400" budget there are a lot of terrible options. The 900RR might be an out of date stunt bike now, but is a better option compared to others. Many of the old timers killed it on 900RRs for years.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:25 AM

rjgraves84 is a decent person

Don't get a 900rr. I just checked the for sale ads and there are a few bikes just a little above your price range. Get an F4i they are bullet proof and there are plenty of good new/used stunt parts for them. If its just gonna be a stunt bike get one with a salvage title and it may be cheaper!