R6 Ignition to toggle switch conversion

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 02:16 PM
Catch what...?

.bp. is a decent person
R6 Ignition to toggle switch conversion

A.) I'm not stealing a bike, I have a truck and loads of friends and we are all into powerlifting so I'm sure we could do it alot faster than spending the 4 hours I just spent trying to do it myself. I have an 04 r6 my key was stolen from a table at hooters and when I called the thief out in the parking lot he threw the ****** and ran :bang head. I wanted to do an ignition delete anyways since it's a stunt only bike.

B.) 2004 R6 I cut the ignition wires already and I have the red wire on the hot side of the post and the brown on the other side, it cranked once and was done. All fuses are good but no crank unless I jump the solenoid(it doesn't start if I do this though because of the engine code-->). I also have error code 19 which is an opening in the wire harness. is there some kind of resistor or somethin in there? If you don't feel comfortable posting it then PM it to me if you know how. I have a wiring schematic also I'll post the link.

http://www.r6messagenet.com/forums/p...ice_manual.pdf

The schematic in question is on 378.

I haven't been able to ride in forever because I can't get the bike started. I have the title and the VIN is on the bike and what not, hell I'd even post the vin on here if you need some kind of verification.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:38 PM
Catch what...?

.bp. is a decent person
Re: R6 Ignition to toggle switch conversion

I got it figured out another stuntlifer who lives close by helped me out. I don't think I can delete the thread myself though.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:30 PM

Theodorr is a decent person
Re: R6 Ignition to toggle switch conversion

how did you do it? was thinking about doing the same thing since i only use my key for the ignition and ive kicked my key before.