What helmet to go?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 04:08 AM

ralary is a decent person
What helmet to go?

I need a new helmet for my riding,and my mom said it should be reliable to protect me.
this skyway helmet is what I choose,hesitate to order it,any guys use this brand?
Old 04-02-2011, 09:59 AM
handicrippled

swampy is a decent person
Re: What helmet to go?

Originally Posted by wheelies4kids
is your head only worth 90 bucks?
I'd put more worth into your brain bucket than that.

-Matt
Wheelies4Kids

theres nothing wrong with a 90 dollar helmet, they all do the samething. i use to ride with a 70 dollar helmet and it saved my *** from dieing the last time i wrecked. so wat im saying is dollar amount for a helmet doesnt make a damn differance. If you like the helmet and like how it fits thats all that matters. right now i ride with a scorpion helmet that i got for 150 bucks.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:44 AM

lucky750 is a decent person

icon all the way fr me but like they said its personal preference and what feels comfy to u
Old 04-02-2011, 06:33 PM

Joewilly08 is a decent person

Snell approved helmets will protect you better than just a DOT. The Snell ones will cost more. So price is a little bit of a factor when buying a helmet. You have to take into consideration the TBI (traumatic brain injury) that can occur when you wreck. Yes any helmet will keep you from getting road rash all over your face, but some helmets will protect against TBI better than others. There are countless new studies that are just coming out about the long term side effercts that happen after having a TBI. It may seem like you came away from a crash in good shape, but ten, twenty, thirty years down the road there can be serious issues. But hey, most of us riders don't think about that. We are interested in the now.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:56 PM

albanyrida is a decent person

i got aa icon recently and it is the best fiting helmet i had so far and was only 190$
Old 04-03-2011, 12:28 AM

lucky750 is a decent person

Originally Posted by albanyrida
i got aa icon recently and it is the best fiting helmet i had so far and was only 190$
+1 i have bout 4 icon helmets went down pretty bad in 2 of them and didnt even hae a headache icon subhumanmainframe , icon domain mechanica, icon speed cretin, and icon alliance are all great helmets
Old 04-03-2011, 02:03 AM

mikeyy B is a decent person

I a icon an I love it fits great an looks sweet
Then got a shoei an it saved my head at 120 an it fit great
Just get one that fits you an make sure it's snell approved better helmets
Old 04-03-2011, 02:48 AM

Iceman396 is a decent person

I have 4 sharks and 1 HJC and by far the best one for me is the shark most comfortable and reliable and holds up well when crashed with. But again most important key feature to me is safety as long as it shows snell, ece, or bsi its good by me... dot just doesnt cut it for my head. just my personal opinion.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:17 PM
Senior Moderators

GSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of light

Mommy said so huh? $90 helmets are just as good as $500 helmets. Majority of the time your paying for the name and paint anyways. Some of my cheapest helmets are my favorite.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:53 PM

WILL215 is a decent person

i rock a scorpion helmet now love it, i used to ride with a arai, that was the most comfortable one ever, was so light didnt even feel like it was on my head
Old 04-07-2011, 07:45 PM
handicrippled

Originally Posted by Joewilly08
Snell approved helmets will protect you better than just a DOT. The Snell ones will cost more. So price is a little bit of a factor when buying a helmet. You have to take into consideration the TBI (traumatic brain injury) that can occur when you wreck. Yes any helmet will keep you from getting road rash all over your face, but some helmets will protect against TBI better than others. There are countless new studies that are just coming out about the long term side effercts that happen after having a TBI. It may seem like you came away from a crash in good shape, but ten, twenty, thirty years down the road there can be serious issues. But hey, most of us riders don't think about that. We are interested in the now.

**** with all the dumbshit i do, hell i will be happy to be alive in 20 plus years . as far as studies go **** all that ****, things change all the time when the thing is everybody reacts differnt to everything. for example for how many years docs always pushed how water is so go for you blah blah blah and now they say too much water intake is bad for you. same with the food groups so on and so forth. things change all the time, so no matter wats good, bad, or has long or short term effects im going to live today to the fullest cuz tomarrow could be the end
Old 04-07-2011, 09:53 PM

Yeah, I hear you there.
I'd still go with a good helmet. There is no denying that a concussion is bad for you. I don't think there will ever be any sort of study that says busting your head off the ground is good for you.
I work in the medical field and have seen people who have had too many concusions. Have you seen Muhamed Ali lately? Case in point... that dude is FUCKED!
Old 04-08-2011, 05:25 PM

killacity is a decent person

shark rsr2 all the way and never look back. better quailty than the 700 dollar helmets with exceptional crafstmanship, comfort, and light weight for around 300. full carbon kevlar weave!
Old 04-12-2011, 08:26 PM
handicrippled

Originally Posted by Joewilly08
Yeah, I hear you there.
I'd still go with a good helmet. There is no denying that a concussion is bad for you. I don't think there will ever be any sort of study that says busting your head off the ground is good for you.
I work in the medical field and have seen people who have had too many concusions. Have you seen Muhamed Ali lately? Case in point... that dude is FUCKED!

very true, that **** is bad no matter what but doctors that do studys make things sound a lot worse then what the stuff they are studing is. either way a helmet should be comfy and one that you like. price after a certain point gets to where your paying more for the brand then wat the helmet can do.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:31 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Arai or nothing
Old 04-12-2011, 08:55 PM

^^^^ Right on!

I have an Arai. Bought it BRAND NEW for $300
check out motorcyclecloseout.com They have a shop near my home in KC. I don't know if they have as good of deals on line but I'm sure if they don't it'd be close.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:58 PM

sorry. motorcyclecloseouts.com left the s off
Old 04-15-2011, 01:35 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

mmack1993 is an unknown quantity at this point

I personally feel that the price of the helmet does not matter as much as the protection and the comfort in it.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:30 AM

la30 is a decent person

Hello,everybody,the good shopping place,the new season approaching, click in. Let's facelift bar!
===== http://www.supershops.org ===

Air jordan(1-24)shoes $30

ugg BOOT $50

Nike (R4,NZ,OZ,TL1,TL2,TL3) $33

Handbags(Coach lv fendi d&g) $33

Tshirts (Polo ,ed hardy,lacoste) $16

Jean(True Religion,ed hardy,coogi) $30

Sunglasses(Oakey,coach,gucci,Armaini) $12

New era cap $9

Bikini (Ed hardy,polo) $18

FREE SHiPPING
( http://www.supershops.org )
Old 04-15-2011, 08:55 PM

lls82 is a decent person
( http://www.supershops.org )

Hi,Dear Ladies and Gentlemen, ( http://www.supershops.org ) Here are the most

popular, most stylish and avant-garde

shoes,handbags,Tshirts, jacket,Tracksuit w

ect...NIKE ,JORDAN SHOES 1-24,AF,DUNK,SB,PUMA

,R4,NZ,OZ,T1-TL3) $35HANDBGAS(COACH,L V, DG, ED

HARDY) $35TSHIRTS (POLO ,ED HARDY, LACOSTE) $16

New to Hong Kong : Winter Dress

--- NHL Jersey Woman $ 30 ---**** NFL Jersey $20
--- NBA Jersey $ 18 ---**** MLB Jersey $ 30
--- Jordan Six Ring_m $30 ---**** Air Yeezy_m $ 45
--- T-Shirt_m $ 15 ---**** Jacket_m $ 30
--- Hoody_m $ 30 ---**** Manicure Set $ 20
as long as the new and old customers to buy the corresponding product on this site, both a gift, so stay tuned! !
http://www.supershops.org

Quick Reply: What helmet to go?