is it bad? (to two finger a RSC clutch)

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 09:05 PM

Vermino is a decent person
is it bad? (to two finger a RSC clutch)

I get out to the lot to practice and i've tried to one finger my RSC but my index just cant pull it back without my middle finger detaching from the grip - is this bad practice or it is ok till my index starts to get stronger?

I figured I would ask before it might become a bad habit in stagger idle wheelies.

Name:  IMG_0703-1.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  32.7 KB
(my middle finger doesnt sit on the RSC but just feel more comfortable off the grip for my index to pull in)

(yes, i did a search with +one +finger )
Old 01-21-2011, 09:26 PM

bongwater420 is a decent person
Re: is it bad? (to two finger a RSC clutch)

doesnt really matter without a handbrake
Old 01-21-2011, 09:51 PM

so when i get to the point of handbrake - it's usually index clutch / middle handbrake? (i know i'm kindof jumping froward a few steps just wondering for future reference)
Old 01-22-2011, 02:40 PM

PavementEater is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vermino
so when i get to the point of handbrake - it's usually index clutch / middle handbrake? (i know i'm kindof jumping froward a few steps just wondering for future reference)

everything is 100% personal preference. Everybody is different..

But yes, this is what the average person does w/ both.

pointer Finger clutch
middle finger h/b.

ive seen people do it the opposite way. Very strange.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:53 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

if you have your clutch over the hand brake like most people yes you use your pointer finger on the clutch and your middle finger on the brake but if you run the brake over the clutch like some people do then it would be the opposite way round but you get better leverage on the brake if you run it under the clutch with a full size break lever , that and your middle finger is stronger so it makes more sense to use your middle finger on the brake because the clutch doesnt require as much strength to operate ..

keep in mind the rsc has an adjustment that allows you to move the clutch lever closer to the bar but just make sure you can fully disengage the clutch if you do decide to make it closer to the bar and also make sure you have a little play in the clutch cable once you let go of the clutch so your clutch is fully engaged or else your clutch with burn out pretty quick ..
Old 01-22-2011, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
keep in mind the rsc has an adjustment that allows you to move the clutch lever closer to the bar but just make sure you can fully disengage the clutch if you do decide to make it closer to the bar and also make sure you have a little play in the clutch cable once you let go of the clutch so your clutch is fully engaged or else your clutch with burn out pretty quick ..
yeah I've been adjusting a bit on my RSC but it's pretty close to max on the bar (where it still fully engages tho)

I really do appreciate the input guys (i know you probably answered this question 1,000 times). Well seeing how it's a nice day out in sin city, i'm off to the lot

thanks again
Old 01-23-2011, 04:23 AM

bongwater420 is a decent person

Cool man (good luck)