Handle bar clip on advice??

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 03:06 PM

cbarney06 is a decent person
Handle bar clip on advice??

Im looking to get new clipons and I was wondering if there is a big difference between 0 and 7 degrees and if it would be better to get side or front mount. Im looking to put my front fairing back on eventually so im looking towards the side with a 1 inch rise. Are they hard to swap also I have never done this before and Do they make a big difference?? I am riding an 06 600rr.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:39 PM
Naarden Bike Super Store

NAARDEN INC is a decent person
Re: Handle bar clip on advice??

Ive got some 48mm front mounts 0 degrees Ill sell for cheap, brand new.

The 0-7 degree is all person preference but a lot of people like the +7 degree more then the 0 degree.

Side mount helps a lot with clearance issues. for instance if i dont have side mounts on my f4i when i turn my handle bars my stock upper pushing my front brake master lever in and locks the front wheel up. Side mounts are no problem.

Last edited by NAARDEN INC; 12-02-2010 at 04:43 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:45 PM
Naarden Bike Super Store

Here is a picture of ***** with sick innovation side mounts, he gained a lot on his stoppie game as opposed to his front mounts

To Buy any type of clip ons : http://www.naarden.biz/products.asp?cat=133
Old 12-02-2010, 04:54 PM

cbarney06 is a decent person

I think Im looking to go with the 7 side mounts so thanks for the offer on the fronts... Are the sick innovations 7degree side mounts with the 1 inch rise a good purchase??
Old 12-02-2010, 09:49 PM
sickinnovations.com

PUNKON1WHEEL is a decent person

Originally Posted by cbarney06
I think Im looking to go with the 7 side mounts so thanks for the offer on the fronts... Are the sick innovations 7degree side mounts with the 1 inch rise a good purchase??
yes. Granted, I would say that, but we sell alot of them and everyone loves them. we have 48mm side mounts in stock right now too.

http://sickinnovations.com/sick/inde...&cPath=164_337
Old 12-02-2010, 11:38 PM
Naarden Bike Super Store

Originally Posted by cbarney06
I would say they are a really good place to start out and see if you like them, majority of people who have been using them havent chaged out for anything and from what i hear from them they dont plan on it.

Here is another great review on the sick innovation clip ons from josh borne, they are 7 degree side mounts, take a look he has up down around and some of the best riding pictures ever taken lol

http://bornefreestyle.com/?p=2770

Last edited by NAARDEN INC; 12-02-2010 at 11:40 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:13 AM

acakins is an unknown quantity at this point

What would work the best on my 03 R6....i like the side mounts better but dont know for sure....what do u think?
Old 12-03-2010, 04:08 AM
Naarden Bike Super Store

Originally Posted by acakins
What would work the best on my 03 R6....i like the side mounts better but dont know for sure....what do u think?
Change the front end to an 06+ inverted r6 front or better to get an r1 frontend, the go right in with a little spacer for the top triple clamp and use the same front wheel as the the old r6. Then youll have 50mm forks and have better feel and more strength.

It all depends on if your upper is cut and how tall you are and your riding style. unfortunately if your still new in the game you need to try a bunch of stuff till you figure out what you like.

Here is a good pic of how low tnecks up was cut with, front mount 7 degree up vortex clamps and the 06+ r6 front end. With the full upper he has on now he has side mount 7 degree up from stock 636 but he doesnt wreck so replacing his tubes is important for him.lol
Old 12-03-2010, 04:12 AM
Naarden Bike Super Store

here is another picture before he cut his upper like the top picture. It shows just where itll hit when turned all the way, which is why he runs side mounts now. you can see why itll push the front brake lever in if you dont watch it with a stock upper

Old 12-03-2010, 04:16 AM
Naarden Bike Super Store

here is another old pic of tneck i took, he still has the same front mounts here, but you can see how turned in they are to not hit the upper. His arm riding position is cramped and uncomfortable, side mounts would fix this.

Old 12-05-2010, 11:22 AM

well see i have always used DB bars on my bikes bc i like a wider grip...however they seem to get bent sometimes in a normal lay over....i still want somewhat of a wide grip so thats why i was thinking about doing some kind of clipon switch.....i am 6' 1" so the wider the better!!!!!!! No Comment Please on that...lol....but u see what im talking about.....money is too tight for me to be buying new front ends. u know!!...i do like Tneck's setup though.. looks quite comfortable!!!! Having a straght across grip is what i prefer!!! dunno
Old 12-05-2010, 01:47 PM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

ATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud of

well see i have always used DB bars on my bikes bc i like a wider grip...however they seem to get bent sometimes in a normal lay over....i still want somewhat of a wide grip so thats why i was thinking about doing some kind of clipon switch.....i am 6' 1" so the wider the better!!!!!!! No Comment Please on that...lol....but u see what im talking about.....money is too tight for me to be buying new front ends. u know!!...i do like Tneck's setup though.. looks quite comfortable!!!! Having a straght across grip is what i prefer!!! dunno
if you cage is rolling up on a small drop you should search for another cage . as for the clipons id def go with the sick front mounts 7deg i put them on mine mid summer and noticed a big difference in my riding. i used to run DB bars and noticed the supper wide stance was starting to get in the way sense im 6ft 3 i need room LOL. now if your running full faring and you dont want to cut the hell out of it ive seen my guy in the city with the side mounts and they work great with that set up. . but if you going from DB to clipons your gona want the 7deg cause your used to the rise and pull back and if you put 0deg on its gona feel really messed up.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by ATOWN1101
if you cage is rolling up on a small drop you should search for another cage . as for the clipons id def go with the sick front mounts 7deg i put them on mine mid summer and noticed a big difference in my riding. i used to run DB bars and noticed the supper wide stance was starting to get in the way sense im 6ft 3 i need room LOL. now if your running full faring and you dont want to cut the hell out of it ive seen my guy in the city with the side mounts and they work great with that set up. . but if you going from DB to clipons your gona want the 7deg cause your used to the rise and pull back and if you put 0deg on its gona feel really messed up.
Yeah i am running Full Fairing...so that would make sense.....is there any difference on how i should set them? On top or under the top tree? how is your setup with u been tall like me?
Old 12-05-2010, 05:33 PM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

ATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud of

Yeah i am running Full Fairing...so that would make sense.....is there any difference on how i should set them? On top or under the top tree? how is your setup with u been tall like me?
i personally like the top mount it gives that extra 3in forward for the tall people. i have a upper i run on street rides but i take it off in the lot cause it kills me with podiums and 50 50s. but id defenatly run them on top so when your doing sit down Os your face is not in the tank you can lean back a little more
Old 12-05-2010, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by ATOWN1101
i personally like the top mount it gives that extra 3in forward for the tall people. i have a upper i run on street rides but i take it off in the lot cause it kills me with podiums and 50 50s. but id defenatly run them on top so when your doing sit down Os your face is not in the tank you can lean back a little more

Thats what i was thinking too....hey bro thanks alot for the advice!!!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2010, 06:17 PM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

Thats what i was thinking too....hey bro thanks alot for the advice!!!!!!!!
no problem man ive had vortex, swatt bars, DBs, darwin bars,and now sick front mounts. my darwin bars helped me get Os in like no time but when i started getting more technical they started getting the way when getting close to the bike. i spent alot of money to finaly figure out what i like LOL. so if can lend a non bias hand i do! sick is a competitor of mine and ill rep his bars all day and when you get them if you have a cage that rolls up on the bars alot get some aluminum tube or some solid rod for back up. its cheep and you can buy a stick of it and cut it to what ever length you want. i took bars out that come with them and put some solid ones in that are 2in longer cause they come with short bars and i like to grab the very tip of my HB lever.

Last edited by ATOWN1101; 12-05-2010 at 06:20 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:23 PM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

www.mcmaster.com type in 7/8 aluminum rod or tube and whalllllllla call them and order up a 4ft stick and you wont have to worry about not being able to ride that day do to bent bars.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:43 PM

Good idea bro....i hate when things break and its the weekend and nobody is open......i just ordered the 7 degree sidemounts..cant wait!!!!!!!again thanks for the all of the help...lata bro!!!!!
Old 12-05-2010, 07:09 PM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

Good idea bro....i hate when things break and its the weekend and nobody is open......i just ordered the 7 degree sidemounts..cant wait!!!!!!!again thanks for the all of the help...lata bro!!!!!
no problem
Old 12-09-2010, 10:45 PM

They came today and lookin foward to putting them on the bike.....Cant wait to see how they feel....I'll keep ya'll posted on how much i like them......Thanks NAARDEN!!!!