zx6r help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 07:28 PM

ftlstunter21 is a decent person
zx6r help!!!

ive searched and searched and i cant find anything on the 06 zx6r tip over sensor mod, i went ahead and cut the three wires and bridged the outside two and is started but only for about 10 seconds and the fi light comes on and dies, can anyone please help me out on this, im stumped and tired of searching the internet for it, all help is greatly appreciated. thanks
Old 11-07-2010, 08:01 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: zx6r help!!!

you can take the sensor apart just leave the circuit board but why do you want to disable the tip over ?
Old 11-07-2010, 08:06 PM

i want to disable it cuz sometimes when im in a wheelie the tip sensor engages and the front slams to the ground, im just sick of it, i have already cut the damn wires so idk what to do about the harness, im a dumbass and didnt leave enough wire to reconnect it, idk what to do.....
Old 11-07-2010, 08:13 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

the tip over isnt shutting your bike off in a wheelie you probably have a loose battery terminal or a bad connection some where , i have my tip over hooked up and it has never turned my bike off unless the bike was sitting on it's side and even then it takes a few seconds before it turns the bike off ..
Old 11-07-2010, 08:31 PM

ok, i did have a loose battery connection, how do i hook the tos back up since i cut the harness off, im sure they dont sell just the pigtail to the sensor? im fucked lol
Old 11-07-2010, 08:58 PM
also known as OMR

you still have the sensor and the plug you cut off right ? solder the wires together and use some heat shrink tubing ..
Old 11-07-2010, 09:56 PM

That's the problem, I cut off the wires right where they go into the clip, so there's no wire to soder to, idk what I'm gonna do, anyone got any suggestions?
Old 11-07-2010, 11:03 PM
also known as OMR

i guess try to find a fucked up used harness to cut the plug off of but leave enough wire to solder too
Old 11-07-2010, 11:05 PM
also known as OMR

wait talk to one wheel neal or inolen , they said they jumped their tip over by connecting two wires , they said it worked but gave them an fi light ...
Old 11-08-2010, 10:46 AM

Ok thanks, idk what else to do at this point, ill pm them