question for experienced stunt riders

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 09:23 PM

moparjud is a decent person
question for experienced stunt riders

whats up everyone, new to the forum. been riding most of my life, within the past few years i decided to take it to the street, owned a 01 gsxr600 and now im on a 06 636, love the 636 its amazing.

most of the riding i do is just point a to point b, learned wheelies on the gsxr and can pretty much cruise down the freeway on one wheel all day, but im looking to stunt, the wheelies at such high speeds get old after a while.

im looking to switch up the gearing and just need some input, people have told me +10 rear but i want to hear more examples. id still like to be able to travel the freeway, but at the same time be able to slow it down for circles, or at least straight wheelies at residential speeds or up to 40 or so, i think id have a lot more fun riding like this and it would be much safer.

thanks in advance.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:35 PM

wrexttboy is a decent person
Re: question for experienced stunt riders

Down one in front and 50 tooth on rear will keep it "streetable".
Old 10-11-2010, 10:51 PM

lincc318 is an unknown quantity at this point

Everything is true!
Go in look look: http://www.bizboysell.com
Believe that you may need.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:52 PM
Naarden Bike Super Store

NAARDEN INC is a decent person

Originally Posted by wrexttboy
Down one in front and 50 tooth on rear will keep it "streetable".
Ya, Thats about the combo most people are running the street and lot the bike. I have both in stock if you need them www.naarden.biz along with the chains.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:36 PM

moparjud is a decent person

ok sounds good, and the spedo will be off as well right? how do i correct that?
Old 10-13-2010, 11:19 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

I always run +7 for street and lot. If you are not that serious about parking lot stunting then there is no reason to go more than that. I have no issues doing anything I want to in the lot with that gearing and actually I'm only +4 on my current bike and have not problems as I can do most of the same **** in the lot even on a stock geared bike. If I was to have a strictly lot bike only I think I would do a -1 +10 setup. Your speedo will be off a percentage according to your gearing. A +7 sprocket is right around an 18% error at any given speed. You can correct that by buying a speedohealer, they run right around 100 dollars and are plug and play on most bikes.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:38 PM
it is what it is

serious is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
I always run +7 for street and lot. If you are not that serious about parking lot stunting then there is no reason to go more than that. I have no issues doing anything I want to in the lot with that gearing and actually I'm only +4 on my current bike and have not problems as I can do most of the same **** in the lot even on a stock geared bike. If I was to have a strictly lot bike only I think I would do a -1 +10 setup. Your speedo will be off a percentage according to your gearing. A +7 sprocket is right around an 18% error at any given speed. You can correct that by buying a speedohealer, they run right around 100 dollars and are plug and play on most bikes.

+7 is what I'm running on my 06.