(INDY) XDL vs. ICON

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 02:29 PM
JENNY JENN is my bieootch

ninjakiller34 can only hope to improve
Re: (INDY) XDL vs. ICON

Originally Posted by crew72
Hell they announced the Icon show at XDL if you guys were there and JB's rider Tony Carbajal was there judging and I over half the XDL riders had Icon on. Who gives a **** if it was the same day it was late when they did the show. Stop being a bunch of haters.
at night when they did the show.
Correct. XDL was over when this show started. How do you explain Edub and Apex there when they also did XDL
Old 08-30-2010, 02:47 PM
u of m still sux

Ryan Cramer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ninjakiller34
I heard attendance was down
Looked pretty busy to me. Everyone has their opinion and you have a right to express that opinion to whomever is listening.

And then I have right to tell you, you don't know your *** from a hole in the wall.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:55 PM
Mikey P. Freestyle

crew72 is a decent person

I don't give a **** one way or another. I was there had a bad *** time and didn't mind what I had or had not payed. It was all to promote the sport and I supported.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:23 PM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

I heard attendance was down
attendance was down because the track was ****, the setup was dick, been two years in the making.

You spend 200-400 on a handbrake setup, pull the **** out of ur *** and spend $50 on the weekend to kick it with all the riders and watch some DER. Thats not even a tank of gas to get to the lot and ride.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:01 PM

ajmarshall1981 is a decent person

i saw both shows. they gave away alot of stuff at the icon show. and the models were hot. and the were filming stealth rider there. xdl was ok. not saying the icon show was better. but the setup was definately better. plus the icon models.

i dont know jason britton was so tiny. im 6'4 and dude has to be 5'5 on a good day.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:54 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

I didn't view the icon stuff as competition... red bull typically has colton doing other things during xdl indy also...

Our general admission tickets were 20.. we had reserved seating in the grandstands that was 25, if you chose to buy them cool, if not cool. They were sold out anyways, so if we dropped the price we still could not have sold more... but thanks for your solid business advice on that one

On to apples and oranges... any multi million dollar company with worldwide distribution can rent an open lot set up a dope fashion show, stage, stunt demo and hire a ton of models.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:24 PM

DetroitStyle is a decent person

Originally Posted by Ryan Cramer
Looked pretty busy to me. Everyone has their opinion and you have a right to express that opinion to whomever is listening.

And then I have right to tell you, you don't know your *** from a hole in the wall.
You don't know your *** from a San Juan Hooker
Old 08-30-2010, 09:01 PM

ThE CrAsH is a decent person
Thumbs up Re: (INDY) XDL vs. ICON

People pay 20 or 25 to watch XDL because its the ****, and since u were there u noticed the icon riders didnt throw there helmets in the crowd.... u know why its cuz they gave out too many "gift cards".... talk about a shitty sponsor!!!! XXXXDDDDLLLLL!!!!
Old 08-31-2010, 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by frayz
attendance was down because the track was ****, the setup was dick, been two years in the making.

You spend 200-400 on a handbrake setup, pull the **** out of ur *** and spend $50 on the weekend to kick it with all the riders and watch some DER. Thats not even a tank of gas to get to the lot and ride.
i myself isn't really bitching about the prices. ima fan and I love it. Im just talking about the noobs and random people passing by to see what its about, or all those flyers the girls handed out on Meridian to come to the show. People might get that flyer and be like "**** YEAH"...then get to the gate and be like "**** NO". I just think XDL at least in INDY could even double their attendance.

Theres riders that I know that actually competed if it really upset me that much i'd just ask them to get me in free. But i dont feel like I know them enough like that to ask them just cuz maybe they show up at our spot once or twice a year lol
Originally Posted by ajmarshall1981
i saw both shows. they gave away alot of stuff at the icon show. and the models were hot. and the were filming stealth rider there. xdl was ok. not saying the icon show was better. but the setup was definately better. plus the icon models.

i dont know jason britton was so tiny. im 6'4 and dude has to be 5'5 on a good day.
See this man knows what im trying to say. lol.....and your in Lexington? you should make a trip to Louisville. We get deep on weekends
Old 08-31-2010, 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas
I didn't view the icon stuff as competition... red bull typically has colton doing other things during xdl indy also...

Our general admission tickets were 20.. we had reserved seating in the grandstands that was 25, if you chose to buy them cool, if not cool. They were sold out anyways, so if we dropped the price we still could not have sold more... but thanks for your solid business advice on that one

On to apples and oranges... any multi million dollar company with worldwide distribution can rent an open lot set up a dope fashion show, stage, stunt demo and hire a ton of models.
Tickets was cheaper than that if you actually bought them online. I bet you could sell more. That area is pretty nice. Had a good time at the show though. Next time there should only be Coca-Cola in that plastic cup...you gettting a little to crazy on the mic. lol j/k
Old 08-31-2010, 02:41 AM

ScottFuries has a spectacular aura aboutScottFuries has a spectacular aura aboutScottFuries has a spectacular aura about

holy ****
Old 08-31-2010, 05:17 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

How do you explain Edub and Apex there when they also did XDL
they got on their bikes and rode few blocks down the road after xdl to do the icon show
Old 08-31-2010, 08:42 AM
u of m still sux

Originally Posted by DetroitStyle
You don't know your *** from a San Juan Hooker
you would be correct, because a few of those, my *** in on the floor. lol

You're coming down next year for Moto GP right?
Old 08-31-2010, 08:43 AM
u of m still sux

Originally Posted by ScottFuries
holy ****
???? you see a ghost or something ?
Old 08-31-2010, 08:54 AM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

i myself isn't really bitching about the prices. ima fan and I love it. Im just talking about the noobs and random people passing by to see what its about, or all those flyers the girls handed out on Meridian to come to the show. People might get that flyer and be like "**** YEAH"...then get to the gate and be like "**** NO". I just think XDL at least in INDY could even double their attendance.
You don't cheapen your product for people who dont know its value. The "noobs" who don't know whats up and walk away will bump into a guy that paid the $25 later and the guy will be like "Yo this dude was on his bike backwards and brought it up in a wheelie.. and this other dude bunnyhopped and almost ******* flipped over!" then awww damn i should of went... next year..guess what he buys a ticket and so does his baby momma
Old 08-31-2010, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by StrictlyStunt
they got on their bikes and rode few blocks down the road after xdl to do the icon show
you sir have select reading
Old 08-31-2010, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by frayz
You don't cheapen your product for people who dont know its value. The "noobs" who don't know whats up and walk away will bump into a guy that paid the $25 later and the guy will be like "Yo this dude was on his bike backwards and brought it up in a wheelie.. and this other dude bunnyhopped and almost ******* flipped over!" then awww damn i should of went... next year..guess what he buys a ticket and so does his baby momma
True, but you gotta admit...after all that it does get a little boring there. Guys like you and me can respect what they do and see little things. Those guys aren't gonna know the difference between a normal wheelie and a coaster wheelie. Plus some make it look so easy its like "OK WHAT NEXT" lol
Old 08-31-2010, 02:41 PM

COOP 1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
just cuz they're not charging ppl to watch that show doesn't mean whoever is setting up that show isn't paying to have him there. Jb wasn't there doin a charity show.
Originally Posted by naarden inc
he is one of if not the highest paid stunters in the industry per show. No charity
+2

Originally Posted by skillz
so just keep buying your overpriced icon junk cuz edub and apex gotta eat
Old 08-31-2010, 06:19 PM

ScottFuries has a spectacular aura aboutScottFuries has a spectacular aura aboutScottFuries has a spectacular aura about

???? you see a ghost or something ?
hahaha yep.

funny thing is i just found a dv8 shirt i got from you at stuntfest...05 i think or 04...damn im old cant remember
Old 09-01-2010, 08:26 AM
u of m still sux

Originally Posted by ScottFuries
hahaha yep.

funny thing is i just found a dv8 shirt i got from you at stuntfest...05 i think or 04...damn im old cant remember
You may see more of me, who knows. I'm heading down to Atlanta in October to ride with Twite and Borne for a weekened. Going to ride one of Twite's 636's. We'll see lol. A lot of rust to get rid of

Quick Reply: (INDY) XDL vs. ICON