F4i Wont Start

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 04:30 PM

shotgunfacelift is a decent person
F4i Wont Start

F4i fuel pump will not prime. Power goes to everything(all lites work etc..), but the fuel pump will not turn on. I have the bank angle sensor bypassed so Im clueless as to what it is. There for a while it would come on , turn off, come on , trun off, the fuel pump that is, but it always evenetually turned on and stayed on .. now it just wont turn on but the motor cranks like crazy! wtf??? anyone?
Old 08-10-2010, 04:42 PM

rjgraves84 is a decent person
Re: F4i Wont Start

I'm not as knowledgable as some but i would check your fuses first and move on from there, or possibly you have a broken wire somewhere. Good luck let us know what you find!
Old 08-10-2010, 08:52 PM

Sikgixxer750 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would check your fuel pump. there is a two wire connector coming off the fuel pump to the left side of the fuel rail. Make sure the fuel pump is getting power and that your fuel pump isnt bad. If your fuel pump isnt bad I would check the fuel pump relay and then you gotta start tracing wires.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:03 PM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

check your kick stand sensor, gearbox sensor, clutch sensor, make sure tip sensor is bypassed right. Check relays
Old 08-10-2010, 09:39 PM

boyer is a decent person

i had a similar problem mine was the wires goin to the on off rocker switch in the throttle tube housing> maybe ya wanna check there.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:13 PM

kandyberetta is a decent person

i just had my thousand rr do that hondas will crank and crank with the kill switch in the off position turn ur switch off and move it to on as slow as possible with the key on and see if you can hear the pump come on at a certain spot while ur movein the switch slowly make sure you do it as slow as possible
Old 08-11-2010, 10:08 PM

fuses are good.. everyting has power.. fuel pump kicked on today for like 3 or 4 starts then just quit turing on..im pretty sure about eh bank anagle sensor bypass being correct...ok so from here you guys are saying check the fuel pump, the plug coming out of it, and what sensors??? will those sensors keep the pump from turing on though??
Old 08-11-2010, 10:42 PM

Sikgixxer750 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kandyberetta
i just had my thousand rr do that hondas will crank and crank with the kill switch in the off position turn ur switch off and move it to on as slow as possible with the key on and see if you can hear the pump come on at a certain spot while ur movein the switch slowly make sure you do it as slow as possible
only the new cbr 600s and 1000s will crank with the kill switch in the off position. F4is wont even crank unless the kill switch is on.

it sounds to me like you have a problem with your fuel pump or your fuel pump relay. when it doesnt prime check and see if your fuel pump is getting power. If it is you know your fuel pump is bad.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:10 PM

lincc228 is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.bizboysell.com

Wow! This site:

Both cheaper and fashion, and good products.

Purchase will have small gift to send.

http://www.bizboysell.com was a good site.

Like this discovery.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:45 PM

Black03R1 is an unknown quantity at this point

your battery terminals nice and tight? sometimes these problems can be that simple
Old 08-13-2010, 05:16 PM

ya they are tight! something is loosing connection becaseu it is so random! u cant predict when it will nor will not prime!!!
Old 08-13-2010, 05:41 PM

richd3000 is a decent person

If u can put ground n voltage to ur pump n it kicks on I'd bet ya 10 bucks its ur dioide inside ur ignition switch gone bad, sending to much voltage down the pink wire to the ecu. If u have more than like 6 or 7 volts on the pink wire everything will work but the fuel pump. Trace down ignition harness n find pink, check it for voltage. If its getting 10-12 volts that's ur problem. Look up my old thread about wiren up toggle ignition switch to see how to replace it. Radio shack got parts u need for about 2 bucks. Honda put the diode inthere to keep people from bein able to hot wire ur bike n ride off on it... Like u can a susucky or a yamahamers...
Old 08-13-2010, 08:51 PM
TWreX

F4iNewb is a decent person

Originally Posted by richd3000
If u can put ground n voltage to ur pump n it kicks on I'd bet ya 10 bucks its ur dioide inside ur ignition switch gone bad, sending to much voltage down the pink wire to the ecu. If u have more than like 6 or 7 volts on the pink wire everything will work but the fuel pump. Trace down ignition harness n find pink, check it for voltage. If its getting 10-12 volts that's ur problem. Look up my old thread about wiren up toggle ignition switch to see how to replace it. Radio shack got parts u need for about 2 bucks. Honda put the diode inthere to keep people from bein able to hot wire ur bike n ride off on it... Like u can a susucky or a yamahamers...
+1 had the same problem with just about the same symptoms, replaced my ignition and haven't had a problem since. Don't give up, you'll get it.

Last edited by F4iNewb; 08-13-2010 at 08:54 PM. Reason: mis spelled word
Old 08-13-2010, 11:24 PM

u guys are great.. Im doin it tomorow!! Ill let ya know!
Old 08-14-2010, 08:09 AM

Mr. Rogers is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey i just had this problem... the code said it was my # 3 injector... it ended up being a wire ripped outta my ecu... i fixed that wire and all fixed!!
Old 08-15-2010, 03:34 PM

I trhink its a fuel cut off relay, one of the one that side side by side in the subframe..ordered one and it will b here this week ... keep ya posted
Old 08-16-2010, 11:31 AM

richd3000 is a decent person

Hell, u could just swap them two n find out if that's it... They r the same relay..
Old 08-16-2010, 04:12 PM

adam cbr f4i is a decent person

might need new pump
Old 08-17-2010, 08:59 PM

no no no!!! i ran direct power tp the pump and it runs like a dream. I tested the relays. the fuel cut off wil not work under a load. and just so you know the one relay work s off the other. so you cant just swap them cuz the end result is still an f4i that doesnt run.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:53 PM

nowhere_bound is a decent person

My friend just had that problem with his. It was a remote wire, I beleive a green one comming from the killswitch. I don't know the details and my F4i is pretty rigged up in the wiring department so I wouldn't give advice based of it until I get it cleaned up a bit.

I'd say find a friend with a multimeter and soldering iron and start checking the current on wires starting at the killswitch, ignition, start button and headlights. Pretty much anything that comes on when the key is on.

If there is a lose connection or freyed wire it can cause a short in the current tripping kill sensors or stealing juice. Start with the stuff that don't cost money first like looking for lose wires or corroded connections before spending a ton on parts that don't fix it.

I'd say if the pump is good, and it will occasionally start up it could very well be a lose wire in the killswitch. It could also be like mine, the fuel pump won't even kick on unless it's in nuetral with the kickstand up. After it's started it runs great and won't die if you put the stand back down in gear and take off. Like I said though, it's in need of wire cleanup but you could try that method. If it works I'll let you know what's jacked up when I figure it out. I'm in no hurry though, it runs.

Quick Reply: F4i Wont Start