Small underbody exhaust F4i

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 03:20 PM

j-dane is an unknown quantity at this point
Small underbody exhaust F4i

Anyone here run a small exhaust that doesn't come out through the swingarm side? I've been wanting to run a pipe just underneath the bike to give a cleaner look.

Anyone have pics or know of small exhaust that I can use to fit the down there?
Old 06-09-2010, 03:27 PM

crzyaccrd is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Small underbody exhaust F4i

Something that looks like what Buells run? Should be pretty easy to mount up, just use the clamp style bracket like you have going to the peg mount, might even be able to use a buell pipe.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:33 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

It'll most likely be loud as hell and make you lose low end torque. Most bikes that have a pipe that exits below the bike have a resonator or catalytic converter before the muffler
Old 06-09-2010, 06:03 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

If you look in the F4i picture thread there's pics of a bike that had an undertail exhaust posted. **** looked gangsta.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:33 PM

02gsxxr is a decent person

i have one
Name:  downsized_0822091927.jpg
Views: 1182
Size:  41.6 KB
Old 06-09-2010, 08:44 PM

LayinLo is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks nice
Old 06-09-2010, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
If you look in the F4i picture thread there's pics of a bike that had an undertail exhaust posted. **** looked gangsta.
I've looked and no luck , can you link me?
Old 06-09-2010, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by 02gsxxr
i have one
Thanx for the pic! I was actually looking at a much smaller exhaust so it doesn't stick as far out..
Old 06-09-2010, 09:42 PM

Skinny_J is a decent person

Look at hr1 exhausts from hardrock motorsports! just ordered one for my 636!
Old 06-09-2010, 09:59 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by j-dane
I've looked and no luck , can you link me?
I'll look through my photobucket account coz I mighta saved that picture but shiiiiiiiiiiit to look through that whole thread will take forever lol. I'll post up in a bit if I did save it to my PB acct.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:59 PM
NealFoReal

Nope - no pics in my photobucket account If I find them I'll let you know tho
Old 06-09-2010, 11:05 PM
NealFoReal

Undertail Exhausts

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-s...ertail+exhaust

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/464...ertail+exhaust

http://www.stuntusa.com/forums/bikes...tech-tail.html

Last edited by OnEWhEeLNEAL; 06-09-2010 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Im a retard
Old 06-09-2010, 11:21 PM

ny450 is a decent person

neal, pretty sure he meant underbody as in a shorty right off the headers gp style, but without sticking too far out by the swingarm...that undertail is pretty cool though
Old 06-09-2010, 11:43 PM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by ny450
neal, pretty sure he meant underbody as in a shorty right off the headers gp style, but without sticking too far out by the swingarm...that undertail is pretty cool though
i assumed when he said underbody he meant undertail exhaust like the RR's and 05/06 636's If you meant you just want a short exhaust like this

Name:  new20paint200012028Medium29.jpg
Views: 1179
Size:  78.9 KB

Then I PM'd ATL Freestyle a while back when I saw this pic of his bike and asked him what to do to get my exhaust like that. This is the PM I recd in response:

its a two brothers exhaust cut down. all i did was slip it straight into the header. drilled one hole thru it and slid a bolt all the way thru
oh yeah and i have gotten a lot of compliments on how good it sounded, and its not that loud
Only reason I thought he meant undertail is coz he got a bunch of pics posted up on SR that showed the shorty exhausts similar to the one I posted above and he was still looking for more Anyways, now you got both options so DO WORK
Old 06-10-2010, 12:01 AM

ryans900 is a decent person

i have a tip that i put baffling in and alot of packing it runs fine
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	colombus051.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	239827  
Old 06-10-2010, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
i assumed when he said underbody he meant undertail exhaust like the RR's and 05/06 636's If you meant you just want a short exhaust like this

Then I PM'd ATL Freestyle a while back when I saw this pic of his bike and asked him what to do to get my exhaust like that. This is the PM I recd in response:

Only reason I thought he meant undertail is coz he got a bunch of pics posted up on SR that showed the shorty exhausts similar to the one I posted above and he was still looking for more Anyways, now you got both options so DO WORK
Thanx NEAL! The undertail from one of the link is crazy! But yeah I'm mainly looking at exhaust setup like the red bike here. Something small that just comes out a bit. I actually have an extra header that I'm thinking about cutting up and making it to a 4to1 instead of the 4-2-1, this will give more clearance to put a bigger exhaust down there.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by ryans900
i have a tip that i put baffling in and alot of packing it runs fine
Can you get a pic of the actual setup on this, it's hard to see but definitely looks good.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:41 AM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by j-dane
Thanx NEAL! The undertail from one of the link is crazy! But yeah I'm mainly looking at exhaust setup like the red bike here. Something small that just comes out a bit. I actually have an extra header that I'm thinking about cutting up and making it to a 4to1 instead of the 4-2-1, this will give more clearance to put a bigger exhaust down there.
id love to have one of them undertail exhausts on my f4i and i dont think it'd be too hard to do if you go to a muffler shop but i'm too lazy to actually put in the work lol.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:50 AM

My problem now is that I just gotta find a small diameter exhaust that can fit down there, or maybe one of those oval looking exhaust. I have another Stock pipe but the diameter is just too big to work.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:18 PM

ryans900 is a decent person

here man these are the only other ones i got that show it

it doesnt bog like most say they will it is howevever very loud but the tone of it is nasty sounds like a motogp bike
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	19975_109832379027530_100000023058240_249949_1114239_n.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	239833   Click image for larger version

Name:	kjcfhj.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	239834  

Last edited by ryans900; 06-10-2010 at 01:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Small underbody exhaust F4i