PSI for second gear wheelies

Old 05-25-2010, 01:29 PM

CLUTCH IT UP 21 is a decent person
PSI for second gear wheelies

Just got new pilot powers on my 2008 r6, evrytime i clutch up to 2nd gear bp my back tires start to move side to side underneath me...this only happens when im on my bp...if i just bring the front up nd ride it nothing will happen, im thinkin this has to do with my new tires or the tire psi...i am 5'11 just about 160...does anyone have an idea at which i should have my psi at?
Old 05-25-2010, 01:49 PM
www.myspace.com/impaktech

Dick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud of
Re: PSI for second gear wheelies

10 psi for 2nd gear
Old 05-25-2010, 01:54 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

haha

32+ psi for everything!

The reason its wobbling at balance point, is because at balance point, the smallest movements you make affect the bike.. If you chop the throttle it's gonna make the bike dip, if you get on the brake to hard, again it will dip, just a slightl lean will throw you into a wobble at bp

Need to be steady and smooth on the throttle and on where you position your body. When it starts wobbling, you can't try jerking it out of a wobble, you gotta ride smooth to bring it out of the wobble.

The reason you are having problems on a new tire, is cause its round, and you have less contact with the road now. A old street tire will be worn flat in the middle, and be easy to balance side to side, but will be garbage for hitting corners or doing circles
Old 05-25-2010, 02:28 PM

Mr Incognito is a decent person

If youre talking about 2nd gear highway wheelies, then thats just something youre gonna have to get used to because any little dip in the road is gonna make you wiggle a little bit. If youre talking about slow 2nd gear wheelies, then why arent you in 1st? LOL
Old 05-25-2010, 03:13 PM

JiggaStuntsAnR6 is a decent person

^
Old 05-25-2010, 03:18 PM
Yut ughhh

Burntz is a decent person

I keep my **** around 25 psi, just so i know its not gonna slip when i pop it up. Iv got a newish tire and I have 0 problems. As for it being wiggly on ya, I can't help ya, cuz I don't have that problem ha.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:12 PM

CLUTCH IT UP 21 is a decent person

i checked on another forum and someone said something about a "DEATH WOBBLE"???, the 2nd gear wheelies that im doing are on fresh flat pavement nd my speed is about 60-70...so i would cancel out the uneven pavement being the problem, 10psi seems very low for hi speed wheelies as well. my wheelies seem pretty smooth, i clutch up right to the bp with no bullshit inbetween, im gonna get a buddy to record me so i can show u guys what im talking about,,,,thanks for all the post....i think ill go with 28-32 psi nd see how **** goes
Old 05-25-2010, 05:05 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by CLUTCH IT UP 21
i checked on another forum and someone said something about a "DEATH WOBBLE"???, the 2nd gear wheelies that im doing are on fresh flat pavement nd my speed is about 60-70...so i would cancel out the uneven pavement being the problem, 10psi seems very low for hi speed wheelies as well. my wheelies seem pretty smooth, i clutch up right to the bp with no bullshit inbetween, im gonna get a buddy to record me so i can show u guys what im talking about,,,,thanks for all the post....i think ill go with 28-32 psi nd see how **** goes
60 to 70 is too fast in 2nd gear imo. even with stock gearing i use the same formula for wheelies. 0 to 30mph wheelies = 1st gear, 30 to 55mph wheelies = 2nd gear and 55+ i use 3rd gear. you have to learn to control the wobble. if my bike starts to get a bit squirly on me on the streets, i gas it passed the balance point so im riding nothing but brake and that usually smooths it out. but every now and then i just have to put it down cuz a wiggle in the pavement will put me off.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:30 PM
Incredible shrinking man

blee is a decent person

squidball
Old 05-25-2010, 05:36 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i run 40 ..

dont go any lower than 25 psi for fast wheelies , low pressure and fast wheelies dont mix
Old 05-25-2010, 06:07 PM

dkracr387 is a decent person

Originally Posted by CLUTCH IT UP 21

if you're going to try 28-32 psi that begs the question of what tire pressure you were running with in the first place hahaha
Old 05-25-2010, 09:39 PM

albanyrida is a decent person

iv been runin 25 psi front and rear for the last 2 years i tried runin around 17 psi in the rear but i didnt like it 25 psi is the way to go for fast and slow stuff im runin a michelin pilot road best wearing tire i tryd so far