929 fork problem on my f4i!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 06:23 PM

shotgunfacelift is a decent person
929 fork problem on my f4i!!!!

i swapped out my 05 f4i front end for a 929 setup. bolted rite up....the problem im havin is the front tire is rubbing my rad and destryoing assuming when i hit stoppies real hard!!!any suggestion??????????
Old 03-16-2010, 06:24 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: 929 fork problem on my f4i!!!!

ho hey tripple .

it alowws you to raise the bike back up to stock height with the shorter forks
Old 03-16-2010, 09:00 PM

cjones_636 is a decent person

are your clip ons above the triple? you could mount SI clip ons with the risers under the triple and get close to stock height.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:07 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by old man roger
ho hey tripple .

it alowws you to raise the bike back up to stock height with the shorter forks
what he said

Originally Posted by cjones_636
are your clip ons above the triple? you could mount SI clip ons with the risers under the triple and get close to stock height.
im guessing there on top, if they was under it shouldn't rub unless he got forks pulled to far in
Old 03-16-2010, 11:50 PM

shotgunfacelift is a decent person

ya they are on top of the triple....so my only 2 options are ho hey or si risers? will it help if im even more cautious setting wheelies down or no? is the stoppies the main problem with this setup?
Old 03-17-2010, 03:19 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by shotgunfacelift
ya they are on top of the triple....so my only 2 options are ho hey or si risers? will it help if im even more cautious setting wheelies down or no? is the stoppies the main problem with this setup?
you will eventually mouse trap it or bang up a stoppie and break your radiator .
Old 03-17-2010, 03:41 AM

cjones_636 is a decent person

you will eventually mouse trap it or bang up a stoppie and break your radiator .
its only a matter of time, and thats going to get pricey. The higher bars will be more comfortable too.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:27 AM

punishmentcycle is a decent person

the whole reason for the swap is stoppies! put the clips under or spend the money..ur choice
Old 03-17-2010, 01:32 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
the whole reason for the swap is stoppies! put the clips under or spend the money..ur choice
word^^^^ ive saw alot of peeps run them under, i have mine on top and dont realy have any probs but i got big ziptie pulling my radiator up and back, dont know if that is helping. i know my fender will hit the underside of my upper when i mouse trap tho. i think the best solution is to get some new bars
Old 03-17-2010, 04:11 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by beardo
word^^^^ ive saw alot of peeps run them under, i have mine on top and dont realy have any probs but i got big ziptie pulling my radiator up and back, dont know if that is helping. i know my fender will hit the underside of my upper when i mouse trap tho. i think the best solution is to get some new bars
with new bars you are still an inch lower than stock and thats alot when it comes to forks , i would get the tripple
Old 03-17-2010, 06:34 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute

with new bars you are still an inch lower than stock and thats alot when it comes to forks , i would get the tripple
dont the new sid mount si bars compensate for lowering your tubes down by haveing a rise that still slows you to bolt them underneath? just curiouse cause i was thinkin of doing the same thing......
Old 03-17-2010, 09:51 PM
also known as OMR

dont the new sid mount si bars compensate for lowering your tubes down by haveing a rise that still slows you to bolt them underneath? just curiouse cause i was thinkin of doing the same thing......
they will raise the bars but the forks are an inch shorten than the stock forks so the bike will still be an inch lower in the front unless you get the hohey top triple which allows you to raise the front back up to stock height
Old 03-17-2010, 11:23 PM

jc_hernandez_wt is a decent person

they will raise the bars but the forks are an inch shorten than the stock forks so the bike will still be an inch lower in the front unless you get the hohey top triple which allows you to raise the front back up to stock height
does all of that go for the 954 front end also. i think i read that they were taller but i dont know. so i should put my clipons under the tripple?
Old 03-18-2010, 02:29 AM
also known as OMR

ya the 954 forks are shorter than the f4i forks too
Old 03-18-2010, 06:09 AM
Administrators

WHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for rep

Arn't the 954 forks Shorter than the 929's as well???
Old 03-18-2010, 11:04 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by WHEELIE
Arn't the 954 forks Shorter than the 929's as well???
i may be wrong but i believe they are the same size but one has less travel than the other , i think the 5c51 forks are a different length
Old 03-18-2010, 11:57 AM
sack up or pack up!!!

i have a 100rr trip and 929 forks, fi 0 degree clipons mounted on top and i dont have any probs w/ wheel hitting the radiator, like i said before the frender will hit the underside of my upper fairing a bit if i rat trap hard but not enouph to brake anything. prob best thing to do is like roger said and get a hohey trip, im gonna have to get one b/c i must be missing out on something w/o it, i still think you will have to run your clipons under the trips to make your ride hight the same as stock.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:10 PM
also known as OMR

i have a 100rr trip and 929 forks, fi 0 degree clipons mounted on top and i dont have any probs w/ wheel hitting the radiator, like i said before the frender will hit the underside of my upper fairing a bit if i rat trap hard but not enouph to brake anything. prob best thing to do is like roger said and get a hohey trip, im gonna have to get one b/c i must be missing out on something w/o it, i still think you will have to run your clipons under the trips to make your ride hight the same as stock.
putting your clipons under the triple doesnt change the fact that the forks are shorter , the ho hey compensates for that so with the ho hey you can run the clipons on top ..
Old 03-18-2010, 01:35 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

so you push the fork tubes down andyour back at stock f4i hight? but then there is still room for clipons on top? i gotta get one...
Old 03-18-2010, 01:48 PM

havok is an unknown quantity at this point

heres mine...if that helps ya beardo.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5682.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	237839   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5690.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	237840  

Quick Reply: 929 fork problem on my f4i!!!!