swapping levers on my bicycle

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 09:39 AM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice
swapping levers on my bicycle

going to change the set up on my Haro today so the brakes are the same as my bikes. front brake on the right , rear brake on the the left . thinkn about installing a coaster brake also , what do you guys think
Old 03-16-2010, 09:44 AM
Certified

Bray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant future
Re: swapping levers on my bicycle

innovation not imitation! Do it lol
Old 03-16-2010, 10:28 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by skillz
going to change the set up on my Haro today so the brakes are the same as my bikes. front brake on the right , rear brake on the the left . thinkn about installing a coaster brake also , what do you guys think
how come you dont bring that thing when you come to LI?
Old 03-16-2010, 10:33 AM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice

Originally Posted by MikeM
how come you dont bring that thing when you come to LI?
i will bring it next time. not really my favorite kinda heavy early 2000 ramp bike. wish i had my mongoose pro class back though
Old 03-16-2010, 10:35 AM
Is building another f4i

i will bring it next time. not really my favorite kinda heavy early 2000 ramp bike. wish i had my mongoose pro class back though
my bad its a 93 haro shredder
Old 03-16-2010, 10:46 AM

havok is an unknown quantity at this point

nice i did this to my mt bike....but make sure you tell some one before they try and ride it..it dont end up good...
Old 03-16-2010, 10:48 AM
Is building another f4i

Originally Posted by havok
nice i did this to my mt bike....but make sure you tell some one before they try and ride it..it dont end up good...
haha . i hope i remember
Old 03-16-2010, 11:08 AM
Attack Squirrel Owner

DOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant future

Back in the day I had an ACS free coaster that you could switch on and off

http://digbmx.mpora.com/blog/brian_t...cs-freecoaster

This mentions a couple other brands and even a picture of the exact set up I had. Skyway wheels with freecoaster conversion.

http://www.free-coaster.com/html/cla...er-brakes.html

Last edited by DOKE; 03-16-2010 at 11:11 AM.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:06 PM
shady since the 80's

Austin913 is a decent person

go brakeless and **** a coaster brake, what are you 7 years old? I kid I kid.

but seriously... nix the whole coaster brake idea. go for a free coaster hub if you don't do a cassette hub.

and i suppose if you're running front and rear brakes, it makes sense to set it up like your big bike.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:56 PM

psychoJIMstunts is a decent person

******* love it. Had that set-up on my last "Bully" (if that tells you anything) LOL. Didn't like the coaster brake, had the freewheel gear to keep the cranks from turning. I now weigh about 225, so I always sported 95 spoke rims (originally ordered them from a company that makes gangster low-rider rims) because I bent the living **** out of 48's and I have a strong taste for wrecking.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:06 PM
Is building another f4i

i was just kidding about the coaster brake people. haha but i did swap the cables
Old 03-17-2010, 02:38 PM
shady since the 80's

Austin913 is a decent person

Originally Posted by psychoJIMstunts
******* love it. Had that set-up on my last "Bully" (if that tells you anything) LOL. Didn't like the coaster brake, had the freewheel gear to keep the cranks from turning. I now weigh about 225, so I always sported 95 spoke rims (originally ordered them from a company that makes gangster low-rider rims) because I bent the living **** out of 48's and I have a strong taste for wrecking.
it's all about the 36's, finesse, and not wrecking.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:47 PM
Lot killer

bortner636 is an unknown quantity at this point

Haha i did this like a year ago to my mountin bike so much better