Magura Master over brembo, best mm

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 12:52 PM
JPayne

jeremy payne is a decent person
Magura Master over brembo, best mm

Ive been running a gsxr 1000 Radial with a full throttle adapter but it doesn't have much feel and it takes a to much to lock up with one finger. So i think its time to step it up and buy either a Magura or a Brembo. I think I'm going to go with a Magura But I'm not sure what mm to go with? Or if any advice on what one is better, Brembo or Magura?

And ive read a lot about the brembo knock offs and everybody says there's not really any difference but i had one once and it was a pos. Just wondering if it was just that one of if there all like that?
Old 02-03-2010, 01:34 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Magura Master over brembo, best mm

Originally Posted by jeremy payne
Ive been running a gsxr 1000 Radial with a full throttle adapter but it doesn't have much feel and it takes a to much to lock up with one finger. So i think its time to step it up and buy either a Magura or a Brembo. I think I'm going to go with a Magura But I'm not sure what mm to go with? Or if any advice on what one is better, Brembo or Magura?

And ive read a lot about the brembo knock offs and everybody says there's not really any difference but i had one once and it was a pos. Just wondering if it was just that one of if there all like that?
seen about 5 or 6 of the knock offs fail they are junk .
Old 02-03-2010, 01:34 PM

B0arder606 is an unknown quantity at this point

youll probabaly want a 13mm magura with the adapter and brembo knock offs are a big no no, the seals blow and you die from what i hear

edit: damn he got me
Old 02-03-2010, 01:46 PM
JPayne

Ya i figured that about the knock offs. Thats exactaly what happened to the one i had, Never even go a chance to use it.
Whats the diffrence between the 13mm and the 16mm tho?
Old 02-03-2010, 01:57 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Ya i figured that about the knock offs. Thats exactaly what happened to the one i had, Never even go a chance to use it.
Whats the diffrence between the 13mm and the 16mm tho?
thats the size of the bore the 13 takes more movement at the lever but has better feel the 16 will be stiffer but keep in mind the 13 was designed for a small single caliper and the 16 was designed for two calipers
Old 02-03-2010, 02:27 PM
JPayne

I for go to mention I'm running a full throttle adapter with a Nissin 4 piston caliper. Would that make a difference on a 13mm or 16mm?
Old 02-03-2010, 02:31 PM
also known as OMR

I for go to mention I'm running a full throttle adapter with a Nissin 4 piston caliper. Would that make a difference on a 13mm or 16mm?
the 13 should be good for one caliper but it's gonna have alot of feel and thats a little strange at first but when you get used to it i think you will like it...

ask around but im pretty sure the 13 with a 4 piston is a very common set up
Old 02-03-2010, 09:03 PM

StuntMing is a decent person

hey so the brembo radial master on the new 06+ r6, is it different than the 16x18 brembo?
Old 02-03-2010, 09:08 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by StuntMing
hey so the brembo radial master on the new 06+ r6, is it different than the 16x18 brembo?
yes it is a mass produced master and not the same as the aftermarket master
Old 02-03-2010, 09:13 PM

bigkapp is a decent person

i got a mint 13mm Magura (clutchside) if you want it, pm me an offer
Old 02-03-2010, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
yes it is a mass produced master and not the same as the aftermarket master
I figured it must have been different. I know with the Full Throttle setup a regular radial master still works... out of the radials would the brembo be the best? or nissin etc be the same? and how much different is the feel between the oem radial masters, and the 16x18 brembo or 13mm magura?

(p.s. sorry for the newb question.)
Old 02-03-2010, 09:32 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by StuntMing
I figured it must have been different. I know with the Full Throttle setup a regular radial master still works... out of the radials would the brembo be the best? or nissin etc be the same? and how much different is the feel between the oem radial masters, and the 16x18 brembo or 13mm magura?

(p.s. sorry for the newb question.)
i think the brembo and the newer gsxr radial or cbr radial masters feel pretty damn close but i tried nags billet magura and that thing was in a class of it's own ...

keep in mind the billet magura is like 4 or 5 hundred bucks
Old 02-03-2010, 09:35 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

!!A2K!! will become famous soon enough

when you get a dual piston handbrake system theres no reason to get a better master imo.....but id go with brembo
Old 02-03-2010, 09:37 PM

i think the brembo and the newer gsxr radial or cbr radial masters feel pretty damn close but i tried nags billet magura and that thing was in a class of it's own ...

Thanks OMR.

That helps a lot. I'm still putting the finishing touches on my bike, and the HB was my biggest question. You'll probably be hearing from me when my tax return comes in, cus I need a subcage as well.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:50 PM

PETe P is a decent person

dual caliper setups are where it's at. i've had junction valves and the billit junction block they all sucked had horrible feel and even worse power. got the dual caliper setup and have a shitty stock 05 636 radial master and feels and stops great can't even imagine what a mag 13mm feels like on a dual caliper setup.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:10 PM
Lot killer

bortner636 is an unknown quantity at this point

thats the size of the bore the 13 takes more movement at the lever but has better feel the 16 will be stiffer but keep in mind the 13 was designed for a small single caliper and the 16 was designed for two calipers
I got the 16 mm magura like 2 years ago i got the 4 piston for the caliper does the 13mm make it feel that much better? Cuz if so i sold my boy a 13 mm at the shop i work at and now hes sayin he would rather have the 16mm would it be worth it to trade him?
Old 02-03-2010, 10:23 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by bortner636
I got the 16 mm magura like 2 years ago i got the 4 piston for the caliper does the 13mm make it feel that much better? Cuz if so i sold my boy a 13 mm at the shop i work at and now hes sayin he would rather have the 16mm would it be worth it to trade him?
it depends really , if you feel you need more feel then the 13 will give you that but some people say the 13 has too much movement ...

does the 16 feel to stiff to you ?
Old 02-03-2010, 10:48 PM
Naarden Bike Super Store

NAARDEN INC is a decent person

$466 is retail for the 190 series magura, I sell it for 419
Radial brake: 13, 16, 20 mm
Radial clutch: 13 and 16 mm

and

$307 is retail for the 195 series the, i sell it for 273
Hydraulic brake control with piston diameters of 11, 12, 13, 16 and 20mm

I currently run a flipped 1000RR on my F4i until I get the extra loot for the Magura. Sooo smooth, You just have to grind a little bit of the 1000RR out of the way to make it work.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:52 PM
Naarden Bike Super Store

NAARDEN INC is a decent person

You can see my flipped 1000rr in this video showing the different types of handbrakes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7mG5NZ6GSc
Old 02-03-2010, 11:00 PM

Arslinger is a decent person

dual caliber, with 4 piston and brembo 16 18............ sickness

Quick Reply: Magura Master over brembo, best mm