Death spins foot down or not?

Old 10-07-2009, 02:23 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person
Death spins foot down or not?

Just wondering what you guys think about this, personally I am doing them with my right or left foot in my bar, but I am not touching down with my other foot....Basically I just come in hot, and pull in the clutch and swing em around. Im landing them %90 of the time now, and Im starting to stall them at the end of the rotation and through in a throttle pump...I even got one that seemed to stand still in time, and gave a rev limiter before clutching out

So anyways my friend who is also learning the, he uses the foot down method and says that mine arent real death spins

So do they count as a death spin? Or would it be considered something else?
Old 10-07-2009, 02:27 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Death spins foot down or not?

both count if you ask me
Old 10-07-2009, 02:40 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

both count
Old 10-07-2009, 02:47 PM

John LegionST is a decent person

I would say both count... Dr. Apex or Dr. Yes Man should be able to give you the complete definition haha

BTW getting my bike ready for NJ/NY session this weekend... I need a new bike.. that is all.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:22 PM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

Uhm i'm pretty sure their called pouriettes. just ask thomas.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by frayz
Im pretty sure that collectively the name was changed death spin

pouriette just doesnt do it justice
Old 10-07-2009, 03:27 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by frayz
spreader /tank wheelie ..special k /50 50 ..standup wheelie /staggered ...pirouette /deathspin ...who cares
Old 10-07-2009, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
spreader /tank wheelie ..special k /50 50 ..standup wheelie /staggered ...pirouette /deathspin ...who cares
The one that gets everyone is Ralph Louie....Every time I mention that to a non stunter they are like "who the! is Ralph Louie and what does he have to do with stunts"..LOL
Old 10-07-2009, 03:35 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
The one that gets everyone is Ralph Louie....Every time I mention that to a non stunter they are like "who the! is Ralph Louie and what does he have to do with stunts"..LOL
when i was learning them i thought he was the guy that invented the trick
Old 10-07-2009, 03:40 PM
Stuntride.com

R1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of light

i call it death spin!!

lets see a vid of how you do it. im not at that level but it seems as if it would be easier to do by touching the ground ??
Old 10-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Squid Supreme

stick1300 will become famous soon enough

A. I think they both count
B. I like pirouette a lot better. Death spin just sounds like a bad metal band.
C. I still don't really get why RL are called that. I've heard it's because (typically) your Right foot is on the Left peg....
Old 10-07-2009, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by R1wonder
i call it death spin!!

lets see a vid of how you do it. im not at that level but it seems as if it would be easier to do by touching the ground ??
I'll try to get a vid, but since my vid guy hurt himself there has been no vids

And for me its not easier with the foot down, cause I cant do them with the foot down consistantly....I was trying and trying and it just wasnt happening for me, then it kinda just happened without it...And Ive just been going with what works..
Old 10-07-2009, 04:18 PM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold

i think they look cooler without the foot touch.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:19 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by ethiopian
i think they look cooler without the foot touch.
+1
Old 10-07-2009, 04:24 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Dustin killing some deathspins without dropping his foot at 1:50
http://vimeo.com/6709106
Old 10-07-2009, 04:24 PM

Bubash is an unknown quantity at this point

Isnt right ralph, and left loui ? so ralph loie is right foot on left peg...... or the other way around?
Old 10-07-2009, 04:28 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
yup he's got that **** on lock
Old 10-07-2009, 04:29 PM

PeterNoggin is a decent person

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-

Video pretty
Old 10-07-2009, 04:39 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

I think you gotta use the foot to get the most rotation.

I tried makeing I thread to name tricks but sketchy and ethipian called me a squid and stole my thread, I have not forgoten the injustices I suffered!

Vengence will be mine!!!!

hahaha
Old 10-07-2009, 04:40 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by *Tanus*
I think you gotta use the foot to get the most rotation.

I tried makeing I thread to name tricks but sketchy and ethipian called me a squid and stole my thread, I have not forgoten the injustices I suffered!

Vengence will be mine!!!!

hahaha
they are mean jerks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Death spins foot down or not?