who can ???

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 02:49 PM
Custom User Title

Sheldon is a decent person
who can ???

who can help me out here? here's the deal. i have a couple of spots in the area that aren't too bad for trickin it up. i hardly ever get hassled or have to deal with police. i would like to get a legal document put together and noterized to present to some of the property owners at our spots. before i do this, i would like to know a few things from someone that already has a legal spot.

1) does a liability waiver make it entirely legal to use someones property as long as all terms and conditions are avided by?

and...

2) is there ANYTHING that the cops can do once you have the waiver signed and in your posession? or are you 110% good to go?

any other important or helpful information would be nice to know also. fill me in the best you can. thanks guys.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:02 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: who can ???

noise is always an issue and blocking the lot of from public access then there are some states that will require you to get a permit from the state ..
Old 08-13-2009, 04:19 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

!!A2K!! will become famous soon enough

ya.....even if you have a waiver, the cops always try to find a loop hole, from noise to permits and yada yada...
But get a waiver and start there. If there are complaints go one step up....but if it aint broke dont fix it....
Old 08-13-2009, 04:21 PM
Custom User Title

a permit for both noise and public access blocking? anyone wanna tell me what they've had to go through to obtain their legal spot? like all the steps and procedures and so on...
Old 08-13-2009, 04:24 PM

jayrizo is a decent person

contact a lawyer and property owner.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:25 PM
Custom User Title

Originally Posted by !!A2K!!
ya.....even if you have a waiver, the cops always try to find a loop hole, from noise to permits and yada yada...
But get a waiver and start there. If there are complaints go one step up....but if it aint broke dont fix it....

yea thats what i was skeptical about. i know a lot of cops would try to find a way to issue some form of ticket or citation. im definetly going to get the waiver, its better than nothing.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:48 PM

B0arder606 is an unknown quantity at this point

At least in MD the noise code is generally 65dBA in the daytime and 55dBA at night at the recieving property line. There are some tougher code for impact noises and pure tones (ie gunshots are impact noises same with dumptrucks smacking their tailgates, puretones are a single frequency(there are some more rules to be deemed a pure tone). Pure tones and impact noises are 60 daytime and 50 nighttime generally.

Basically, you should be fine noise wise as long as your exhausts are decent and your not right next to a residentail area.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:34 PM
Incredible shrinking man

blee is a decent person

We handed our waivers to the owner of one of our legit spots,He looked them over,changed the wording to cover his *** a lil better,we agreed to his terms and the rest is history,Make sure to let them know they can reword it to make them feel better about it.The old man at our other spot
is cool as **** (he's like 70years old)one of the dudes I ride with said the owner saw a cop sittin across the street and said "I hope that cop see's you guys and comes here so I can tell him to get the **** off my property!"I guess the old dude likes us. keep searchin,you'll find a good lot.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:45 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

if your riding there and not getting hassled don't go to the owners with anything. Just keep doin what your doin.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:35 AM
Custom User Title

Originally Posted by blee
We handed our waivers to the owner of one of our legit spots,He looked them over,changed the wording to cover his *** a lil better,we agreed to his terms and the rest is history,Make sure to let them know they can reword it to make them feel better about it.The old man at our other spot
is cool as **** (he's like 70years old)one of the dudes I ride with said the owner saw a cop sittin across the street and said "I hope that cop see's you guys and comes here so I can tell him to get the **** off my property!"I guess the old dude likes us. keep searchin,you'll find a good lot.
That's funny that an older dude would say that haha
Old 08-15-2009, 06:13 PM
Incredible shrinking man

blee is a decent person

after my boy got that ticket last night we decided we are gonna ride at one of our old spots on the weekends,I pm'd you my cell #,hit me up tonite or tomorrow morning if you wanna come out and ride with us tomorrow.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:05 PM

FresYES fresh is a decent person

As far as i know... a liability form really doesnt do ****, at least the ones ive seen posted up on here.... Its just to ease the mind of the lot owner ect. If something were to really happen it wouldnt stand much ground.
It deffinately helps with the police, but i wouldnt COMPLETELY rely on it to save your *** if something were to come up.
Not 100% sure on it but from what ive read on the liability sticky ect thats what ive gotten.

Last edited by FresYES fresh; 08-15-2009 at 07:08 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:31 PM

Th3 Juice is a decent person

Originally Posted by mofat01
if your riding there and not getting hassled don't go to the owners with anything. Just keep doin what your doin.
i think the whole purpose of this thread is to cover your own *** from the cops if they show up,

if it were up to me, id talk to my lawyer and have him draw up a contract thats written properly. a few hundred for a properly written contract is cheaper than 2-3k in lawyer and court costs if u happen to run into a cop while pulling a wheelie, and the peace of mind is priceless.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:37 PM
Xtreme Fury Stunter

Cream Cheese will become famous soon enoughCream Cheese will become famous soon enough

heres one i use! it was drawn up by a lawyer

Liability Release Form

I,______(NAME)________________here by agree to the following rules set forth by the property

owner,____________(NAME)_______________of said property, _____(ADDRESS)_____________,

__(CITY)____________, __(STATE)_.

I agree that I have permission to operate my motorcycle, a __(MAKE/MODEL)____, VIN number

___________________, on the above stated property. Under no circumstances is the owner of said

property responsible or liable for any damages, personal or property, to my motorcycle or myself. I am

fully and completely aware of the dangers involved in operating my vehicle. This includes, but is not

limited to: death, dismemberment, permanent or temporary impairment, paralysis, loss of limb(s), etc.

Under no circumstances do I have the legal right to pursue the property owner for compensation of

damages occurring to my motorcycle or myself. I also agree that any damage caused by my occupancy or

temporary use of the property is to be reported immediately to the property owner. It is solely my

responsibility to repair/correct any alterations I cause to the property. In the event the property owner

cannot be reached the caretaker,____________________, will be notified immediately. It is my responsibility to

provide, and wear, the appropriate safety gear while operating my motorcycle on the property. Public

access to the property will be restricted and controlled by the use of caution tape and or brightly colored

cones, which shall be removed before leaving the property. This is to prevent unauthorized access and deter

spectators. This is a legal binding agreement between the property owner and myself. I will not try and

alter, forge or destroy this agreement, which may be punishable by law, because I am entering into it

completely and willingly. Any violation of this agreement will result in my loss of privileges to access the

above referenced property, and legal action may be pursed by the owner. Any alterations to this agreement

must be made in writing and signed by both the motorcycle operator and the property owner. If the property

owner is unavailable the caretaker,______________________, shall serve as the needed signature. There will be no

exceptions.

Motorcycle Operator: ________________________ DOB: ____________
SIGNATURE
Contact phone #1: ___________________ Contact phone #2: ____________________

Emergency Contact: __________________________ Phone: _________________

Property Owner/Caretaker: ________________________ Date: ____________
SIGNATURE
Old 08-15-2009, 08:05 PM
Custom User Title

well damn...thanks cream cheese and i got your pm chris. ill probaly call you tomorrow to ride. check your inbox, i sent you a message about a sprocket. ill let you know tomorrow whats goin on. later bro.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:57 PM
Incredible shrinking man

blee is a decent person

ok cool man,We got a nice lil 12x12 tent thing,it's quite a bit cooler under the tent,so it's nice to take a break to cool off in some shade,yeah man come on out tomorrow,it'll be a good time.We'll probly get there around 12:30-1:00,call me tomorrow and i'll let you know how to get there n stuff.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:53 PM
Custom User Title

ok cool man,We got a nice lil 12x12 tent thing,it's quite a bit cooler under the tent,so it's nice to take a break to cool off in some shade,yeah man come on out tomorrow,it'll be a good time.We'll probly get there around 12:30-1:00,call me tomorrow and i'll let you know how to get there n stuff.
sweeeet. thats what im talkin about man ill get a hold of you tomorrow for sure.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:15 PM
KILLIN BIKES

JOHNNYSTUNTS is a decent person

we handed our waivers to the owner of one of our legit spots,he looked them over,changed the wording to cover his *** a lil better,we agreed to his terms and the rest is history,make sure to let them know they can reword it to make them feel better about it.the old man at our other spot
is cool as **** (he's like 70years old)one of the dudes i ride with said the owner saw a cop sittin across the street and said "i hope that cop see's you guys and comes here so i can tell him to get the **** off my property!"i guess the old dude likes us. keep searchin,you'll find a good lot.