Socialized MediCare Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 10:29 AM

Tomball_D is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Socialized MediCare Anyone?

We've Figured Him Out

By Ben Stein on 7.24.09 @ 9:45AM
Why is President Barack Obama in such a hurry to get his socialized medicine bill passed?

Because he and his cunning circle realize some basic truths:

The American people in their unimaginable kindness and trust voted for a pig in a poke in 2008. They wanted so much to believe Barack Obama was somehow better and different from other ultra-leftists that they simply took him on faith.

They ignored his anti-white writings in his books. They ignored his quiet acceptance of hysterical anti-American diatribes by his minister, Jeremiah Wright.

They ignored his refusal to explain years at a time of his life as a student. They ignored his ultra-left record as a "community organizer," Illinois state legislator, and Senator.

The American people ignored his total zero of an academic record as a student and teacher, his complete lack of scholarship when he was being touted as a scholar.

Now, the American people are starting to wake up to the truth. Barack Obama is a super likeable super leftist, not a fan of this country, way, way too cozy with the terrorist leaders in the Middle East, way beyond naïveté, all the way into active destruction of our interests and our allies and our future.

The American people have already awakened to the truth that the stimulus bill -- a great idea in theory -- was really an immense bribe to Democrat interest groups, and in no way an effort to help all Americans.
Now, Americans are waking up to the truth that ObamaCare basically means that every time you are sick or injured, you will have a clerk from the Department of Motor Vehicles telling your doctor what he can and cannot do.

The American people already know that Mr. Obama's plan to lower health costs while expanding coverage and bureaucracy is a myth, a promise of something that never was and never will be -- a bureaucracy lowering costs in a free society. Either the costs go up or the free society goes away.

These are perilous times. Mrs. Hillary Clinton, our Secretary of State, has given Iran the go-ahead to have nuclear weapons, an unqualified betrayal of the nation. Now, we face a devastating loss of freedom at home in health care. It will be joined by controls on our lives to "protect us" from global warming, itself largely a fraud if believed to be caused by man.

Mr. Obama knows Americans are getting wise and will stop him if he delays at all in taking away our freedoms.
There is his urgency and our opportunity. Once freedom is lost, America is lost. Wake up, beloved America.

We need to write our congressman and senators ASAP!!
Old 07-27-2009, 10:34 AM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Socialized MediCare Anyone?

"Now, we face a devastating loss of freedom at home in health care."

Ben Stein Didn't his credibility get a nail in the coffin with Expelled?

Also, the subject of this post really kills yours. "Socialized MediCare" Someone has been listening to too many buzzwords on TV and can't even differentiate our MediCare program with health care.

Last edited by inolen; 07-27-2009 at 10:40 AM.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:42 AM

The whole system will turn into what MediCare currently is if Barracks health plan is passed.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:45 AM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Tomball_D
The whole system will turn into what MediCare currently is if Barracks health plan is passed.
How insightful
Old 07-27-2009, 10:51 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

this nation is in shambles....health care is a rather large issue at hand, should it really cost me 250 dollars to go talk to my doc and have him take my temp and say i'm an idiot for riding a motorcycle???? i think things in the medical field need to change for sure...it's bogus.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:57 AM

Inolen i suppose you have the cure to our struggling healthcare system?
Old 07-27-2009, 11:00 AM

Nope.

Clearly nobody does, but I'm not running around poorly regurgitating news I've heard from my favorite biased news source.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:09 AM

ENASNI TILLER is an unknown quantity at this point

I found a way to save over half on any meds I buy. Does that count

Seriously though. Just print this card and give to the pharmacy..I saved $170 the first time I used it

www.freeUSADrugplan.com/u328
Old 07-27-2009, 11:15 AM
Back to North Carolina...

weirdsteve is a decent person

I'm tired of seeing posts on SL for stunters that have no health insurance and broke their femur or something incurring 10s of thousands of dollars in debt. I like the idea of universal coverage. I'm willing to pay more in taxes so that i don't see anymore stunters or anyone else for that matter have to go bankrupt because they are sick or injured. As far as the other stuff i don't give a ****. We need to change what we have now.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:17 AM

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

When the government takes over the financial responsibility for your health-care then the money needed for your health-care is in direct competition with all the other governmental financial responsibility's. To put it bluntly, the money used for your heart-bypass operation is in competition for money for the congressional vote buying schemes. Guess who is going to lose that competition. Look on the bright side, your death due to governmental neglect will pay for a new bike path in Yellowstone National Park.

Old 07-27-2009, 11:18 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Step 1: Limit hospitals and doctors liability. They get sued left and right for bullshit. The reason hospitals charge ridiculous money is because they have to pay teams of lawyers to constantly defend them. They also need to carry immense insurance policies for the lawsuits that they lose. Hospitals arent getting rich, theyre shutting down left and right.

Step 2: Lower doctors wages. For the amount of work they do, they make way too much money. I dont know why we dont see more competitive pricing with doctors, with the amount of foreign doctors coming to the US to practice every day. Do they have a union or something?
Old 07-27-2009, 11:22 AM

right or left I guess we'll all choose sides and what we hear, then what we choose to believe.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:25 AM

JiggaStuntsAnR6 is a decent person

This is way i became and EMT so i can take care of the smaller problems without needing emergency care for me and my friends because i know half of america doesnt need to be rushed to the hospital... so i tell friends and family call me if you really think you need to go to the hospital and ill see if i can save you some money
Old 07-27-2009, 11:26 AM

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by weirdsteve
I'm tired of seeing posts on SL for stunters that have no health insurance and broke their femur or something incurring 10s of thousands of dollars in debt. I like the idea of universal coverage. I'm willing to pay more in taxes so that i don't see anymore stunters or anyone else for that matter have to go bankrupt because they are sick or injured. As far as the other stuff i don't give a ****. We need to change what we have now.
Wrong. I went to school and secured a job that offered good healthcare so I didn't have to worry about getting hurt doing wheelies.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:27 AM

Privatized healthcare is one of the main reasons we have the best facilities in the world. We would never have the level of excellence achieved by places like Johns Hopkins, Cleveland Clinic, Mayo Clinic ... move to canada if you want to be treated at a publicly funded patient mill.

The current plan before Congress will simply extend Medicare's vast inefficiencies and failures to the wider public. The main focus should be System Administration - like business intelligence software to mine and create better outcomes with information up front

Thats mighty nice of you , you can just hang out at the spot with your doctors bag too, your services would enevitably be required
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by JiggaStuntsAnR6
This is way i became and EMT so i can take care of the smaller problems without needing emergency care for me and my friends because i know half of america doesnt need to be rushed to the hospital... so i tell friends and family call me if you really think you need to go to the hospital and ill see if i can save you some money
I dont know anyone who goes to the hospital when they get a cold, or a little cut, or some other bs. I hear these people exist, but everyone I know thinks going to the hospital is more painful than whatever hurts to begin with.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by scott3824
When the government takes over the financial responsibility for your health-care then the money needed for your health-care is in direct competition with all the other governmental financial responsibility's. To put it bluntly, the money used for your heart-bypass operation is in competition for money for the congressional vote buying schemes. Guess who is going to lose that competition. Look on the bright side, your death due to governmental neglect will pay for a new bike path in Yellowstone National Park.

Yup, this is entirely true. Be scared everyone, be scared. The government is out to kill you.

Originally Posted by weirdsteve
In the spirit of this thread, I'll copy and paste someone else's writings covering the costs of UHC programs:
The single largest problem with healthcare in America is that many people don't have it. It's obvious how UHC solves this: by providing it to all citizens directly (or paying for it to be done). By definition, this is no longer a problem under UHC. All developed nations other than the United States make this guarantee to their citizens, and have so far been able to uphold it. The two reasons which make a person uninsurable - insurer decisions and lack of money - will no longer exist.

The second major problem with the current system is its high cost. This can be divided into two parts: individual cost, and government cost - which to the individual shows up as taxation. UHC is inherently cheaper - far cheaper - due to economies of scale, the bargaining position of monopolies with regard to drugs and salaries, reduced administrative costs, and the lack of a profit motive. When it comes to individual health care costs:

According to the World Health Organization, average American individual spending on healthcare is $3371 per year. Since this includes the uninsured and those covered by their employers, actual costs are higher. For comparison:

Australia: $1017
Canada: $916
Sweden: $532
United Kingdom: $397

The first of those is the second-highest in the world - meaning that Americans pay, not including taxes, more than three times as much as citizens of any other nation. This would be somewhat justifiable if they received better healthcare, but again - 28% have no care at all, life expectancy is below all other developed nations, and general health rating is below all other developed nations.

It is commonly assumed that this difference in cost is because under UHC systems, higher taxes are required to fund the system. Not so. As mentioned, UHC is a great deal cheaper than private healthcare, and as a result America's health-related taxation is also the highest in the world. According to the OECD, in 2006, American government spending on healthcare was $2887 per person. For comparison:

Australia: $2106
Canada: $2338
Sweden: $2468
United Kingdom: $2372

American healthcare taxes are in fact the highest in the OECD, with France second at $2714. In conclusion, every single UHC system in the world costs less money for individuals, requires lower taxes, and provides better care to more people than the American health care system. By implementing UHC in the U.S., things can only get better.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by scott3824
Privatized healthcare is one of the main reasons we have the best facilities in the world. We would never have the level of excellence achieved by places like Johns Hopkins, Cleveland Clinic, Mayo Clinic ... move to canada if you want to be treated at a publicly funded patient mill.

The current plan before Congress will simply extend Medicare's vast inefficiencies and failures to the wider public. The main focus should be System Administration - like business intelligence software to mine and create better outcomes with information up front
+1 My company pays my insurance 100%, and everything stated above is the truth, i'm happy to live in a city with one of the best medical centers in the world, but if i went to the emergency room i would be stuck behind a line of 45 people with no insurance or green card who get free care for any possible ailment, and who footin the bill, people who actually pay taxes.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by MikeM
Step 1: Limit hospitals and doctors liability. They get sued left and right for bullshit. The reason hospitals charge ridiculous money is because they have to pay teams of lawyers to constantly defend them. They also need to carry immense insurance policies for the lawsuits that they lose. Hospitals arent getting rich, theyre shutting down left and right.
+1

A lot of money comes from overseas. Like the Mayo clinic has a place in Dubai that rakes in cash, I think the cleveland clinic is also opening something in Dhabi along with their places in Libya, and other overseas facilities. They make money because our great advancements offer care above and beyond what these countries can bring to the table.

Quick Reply: Socialized MediCare Anyone?