Clip-ons
55.76%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

DB Bars or Clip-ons?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 06:11 PM

DCP-TED is an unknown quantity at this point
DB Bars or Clip-ons?

Dont know if there is a previous poll but sorry if there is.

DB Bars or Clip-ons? Im used to the renthals but was thinkin of makin the switch. Pros, Cons, etc etc etc Also which brand of Clip ons? I was thinkin Vortex, and is the mm just a strength and preference? Thanks everyone.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:16 PM
GP BIKES INC

faceless will become famous soon enough
Re: DB Bars or Clip-ons?

i had DB but got tired of bending them in every drop. so i got clipons now and i love them . u can drop them and usually they just turn. they don't bend. i say clipons thats just me.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:20 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

DB bars are great for pull throughs and stoppies. Clip-ons feel better for circles cause your more on top of the bike IMO
Old 01-31-2009, 06:53 PM
myspace.com/dustindstunts

secret weapon will become famous soon enough

To learn: Streetfighter front end with dirtbike bars are good..

When u got skills: Go full faring(casue it looks 100 times better) and put on some stock 636 clipons. flipped..< its what iam running, its

The change took a few hours to get used to. Now i wouldnt want dirtbike bars on any of my bikes. It just looks redonculious

watch #1 longest stoppie rider Jesse Toler from stuntwars 09 and look how gangster his stopies look compared to the guys riding dirtbike bars. Way better body position since the clip ons are lower and closer to the bike..

Name:  jessetolerstoppie.jpg
Views: 751
Size:  173.6 KB
Old 01-31-2009, 07:15 PM
Lit
I♥MyF4i.

Lit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to behold

i have dirt bars and i love em.... but im going to clip ons because its just gangster... but then again im'a squid.. so wtf
Old 01-31-2009, 10:22 PM

wheelie_king is a decent person

I running stock clipons on my 636 not flipped and hate it!
Might get hohey tripples flip my clipons try that out and also try DB.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:29 PM

Griffy is a decent person

i have dirtbike bars and to me its 1000 times harder to pull through may be becuase my tank is smashed in to much and my bars seem pretty high gives me a weird position in tank wheelys? im going to clipons as soon asap and as far as bending bars???? got a sick innovations cage and magura dirtbike bars.... even if i was ever able to bend them they have LIFETIME warranty..... get new ones for free. but never been able to bend them. i roll my bike all the time to! dirtbars are super comfy street riding. but overall i think they hold you back from certain tricks and help you with others... im on the fence for now.....
Old 01-31-2009, 10:46 PM

JERSZYJAMESZ is a decent person

im runnign dirt bike barsz gives me the more street fighter look tha i like
Old 01-31-2009, 11:08 PM

2007r6 is a decent person

db bars
Old 01-31-2009, 11:54 PM

I_throw_nickels is a decent person

3/4 fairing with db's looks better than FF with clip ons 3/4 with db's is the hottness and is comfy
Old 01-31-2009, 11:57 PM
im nico, i do wheelies

banjaxed is an unknown quantity at this point

renthaaaaaallllssss son
Old 02-01-2009, 02:02 AM
unemployment anonymous

wheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by JERSZYJAMESZ
im runnign dirt bike barsz gives me the more street fighter look tha i like
are you really on a wheelie machine in your avatar
Old 02-01-2009, 02:08 AM

im drunk but does db bars sound like a std
Old 02-01-2009, 02:37 AM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

my

mx bars are good for 'street cruising' they are great for being comfortable on 5 mile+ wheelies, and they are ******* BOSS for stoppies

but for doing BALANCE point wheelies in the lot, and ESPECIALLY on circles, IMO, there is NO benefit from running mx bars.. You will NOT be better at combos or circles because of mx bars..

Personally, I ran mx bars for 2 years because I "ASSUMED" they were better..

Literally the DAY I switched back to clip-ons I was able to double the ammount of circles I do, and become WAY more consistent..
I feel like I have way more control having normal sized handle bars and not oversized ******* mx bars.

MX bars are still a huge advantage for endo's imo, but for wheelies, there is NO benefit except being comfortable for MILES on the freeway, and even then, your only gaining a little comfort.. If you can't wheelie 3 miles now, its not like your gonna go 5+ miles on mx bars
Old 02-01-2009, 02:41 AM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by I_throw_nickels
3/4 fairing with db's looks better than FF with clip ons 3/4 with db's is the hottness and is comfy

ya maybe if you like to smoke crack as your hobby

Otherwise for the ones that like to not look like you ride A: a wrecked bike B: smoke crack, or C: are too high to understand what looks good, ride a full fairing bike...

Street fighter looks like trash.... Wait no let me re-state that. pulling off your plastics and putting on mx bars looks like trash, it looks like exactly what it is, looks like you wrecked, couldn't afford to buy new plastics, so you put it back together to get you by.
CUSTOM street fighter, customizing ****, chroming/polishing, aiming your tail straight in the air, custom paint, that looks dope..
Just tearing your bike apart and bolting on mx bars looks like just what it is, a trashed bike thats been salvaged.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:45 AM

i can do a million circles with db or clipons just body positioning kills diffrent tricks for me dont know if being taller would help with leverage? but like no handed O's i cant get my bodyweight over the top of the bike enough with my dirt bars.... and frogger circles are about out i can get a couple but thats about it... with my clipons i can do frog O's all day and no handers and climb through easier. but i suck at endos still so i like the dirtbike bars becuase they definatly feel better for endos.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:57 AM
so cal stunters union

g-man FOFC is a decent person

get clipons and flop them over and have best of both worlds
Old 02-01-2009, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by Towlieee
ya maybe if you like to smoke crack as your hobby

Otherwise for the ones that like to not look like you ride A: a wrecked bike B: smoke crack, or C: are too high to understand what looks good, ride a full fairing bike...

Street fighter looks like trash.... Wait no let me re-state that. pulling off your plastics and putting on mx bars looks like trash, it looks like exactly what it is, looks like you wrecked, couldn't afford to buy new plastics, so you put it back together to get you by.
CUSTOM street fighter, customizing ****, chroming/polishing, aiming your tail straight in the air, custom paint, that looks dope..
Just tearing your bike apart and bolting on mx bars looks like just what it is, a trashed bike thats been salvaged.

you look like a crack baby ....you shouldnt talk about what looks good when your bike looks like stinky poop but go ahead and get a cooky cutter bike one day, its all good some people dont like being different

ps. nobody said anything about streetfighter **** blower

Last edited by I_throw_nickels; 02-01-2009 at 04:19 AM.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:46 AM
myspace.com/dustindstunts

secret weapon will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Griffy
i can do a million circles with db or clipons just body positioning kills diffrent tricks for me dont know if being taller would help with leverage? but like no handed O's i cant get my bodyweight over the top of the bike enough with my dirt bars.... and frogger circles are about out i can get a couple but thats about it... with my clipons i can do frog O's all day and no handers and climb through easier. but i suck at endos still so i like the dirtbike bars becuase they definatly feel better for endos.

Practice your endos with clip-ons, at first i felt i had alot less leverage when i switched from d.b bars to clip ons with my 180 stoppies.... it juist takes practice to get the different feel. once u get the feeling rolling with clipons you will never wont t go back to them big fugly motocross bars , loooks 100 times better and feels more gangsta.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:49 AM

thats my plan... i need my bag of tricks as abig as possible..

Quick Reply: DB Bars or Clip-ons?