Help me help you name my business!!

Old 04-24-2008, 10:00 PM
Thread Killer!!!

THORPE is a decent person
Help me help you name my business!!

I've been dreaming all my life of owning my own legit business that focused on bikes in one form or another. I've worked at numerous bike shops and grew up in a family owned business so I know the ropes of business and eat sleep and drink bikes anyway. I'm finally debt free so I figured what better time than now.

I love everything about motorcycles from stuntbikes to pitbikes to dirtbikes to drag to road race to etc........I LOVE BIKES, you get the picture.

I got my business license and I've been through the state training for dealers license and all that. I'm ready to start except one thing, I CAN'T COME UP WITH A NAME! At least not one that I can picture on a sign or as a sticker on the side of somebodies bike. I can photoshop my logos and all if I can just find the letters to start with.

I plan to mostly sell online and locally all the popular salvage bikes and parts but I will also be buying clear title bikes when they come through the auction or swap wholesale with other dealers. I do have a Full time salary job already so it will be part time at first and hopefully grow to more just like anybody else would hope. I don't want say the "THank god it's Friday; Oh **** it's Monday?" anymore. I belive if you love what you do and you have integrity you will prosper.

I also plan to help the locals with ebay with an Ebaystore and shipping depot. Looks like my wife will be fulltime

Like I said, I do have a full time job so I will not be surviving off of the profit and go belly up in 6 months.

That being said, I plan to have the best deals around and if you know me at all you know that I will give you more info than you ever want to know about something when I'm making a deal. I have no reason not to be honest. I always believe the truth is where it's at.

Anyway I'm not trying to sell myself, yet, but I just want to give a little background.

So...... help me get started and throw out some names on here. I want room to grow with a name so it will have to be more than just a stunt related name or salvage & parts. They also have to be available .COM names too!
If I use your idea before somebody steals the name and gets it registered I will hook you up with shirts, stickers, and we will negotiate a % off parts or bikes or whatever I can do to help you out.

I will also try my best to be a proud Sponsor for stuntlife.com because if it weren't for this site, I know I wouldn't be anywhere near where i am as far as riding and friends.

Last edited by THORPE; 04-24-2008 at 10:56 PM.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:06 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person
Re: Help me help you help me help you

Two Wheeled Performance?, BIKE LIFESTYLES, BIKE CRAZY, HELL ON TWO WHEELS? HOPE THAT HELPS. GOOD LUCK WITH UR BUSINESS :YEAH

Last edited by DIRTYJEFF636s; 04-24-2008 at 10:08 PM.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:11 PM
Thread Killer!!!

Thanks bro not bad. I was just playing with the idea NEXTGEAR.
I think when this thread gets some length to it I'll make a poll and go from there.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:19 PM

BLooD is a decent person

epiC Cycle/Gear/Bikes. I like the word epic and the definition works. I was gonna buy a field and rename it Epic Paintball but the dude decided not to sell .
Old 04-24-2008, 10:28 PM
Thread Killer!!!

Originally Posted by BLooD
epiC Cycle/Gear/Bikes. I like the word epic and the definition works. I was gonna buy a field and rename it Epic Paintball but the dude decided not to sell .
ALL taken in .Com thanks tho
Old 04-24-2008, 11:02 PM
Thread Killer!!!

Re: Help me help you name my business!!

I kinda like cycle as in going over and over through cycles in some way
Old 04-25-2008, 12:04 AM

shky4 will become famous soon enough

I suck at coming up with names, but good luck Frankie!
Old 04-25-2008, 12:18 AM
Thread Killer!!!

Me too obviously!
thanks man I'll hook you b'ham guys up with some stickers a soon as I get it goin
Old 04-25-2008, 12:23 AM

DerekMey is a decent person

good luck bro......when u gonna come up and ride? and i'll def be buying my parts from ya.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:31 AM
Thread Killer!!!

Originally Posted by DerekMey
good luck bro......when u gonna come up and ride? and i'll def be buying my parts from ya.
Man I gotta put all I can back into the business so it may be a while before I can keep a bike for my self.....sacrafice. I may "test ride" a few tho here and there.

Hey I know it's short notice but our town festival is this Saturday if you want to show out a little. Call me if youre interested.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:37 AM

BISHOP PHILLIPS can only hope to improve

sometimes a simple name will help out the most... if you ar selling parts and stuff. you dont want people to wonder what you are selling... why not thorpe's cycle center
Old 04-25-2008, 12:42 AM

steven-o is a jewel in the roughsteven-o is a jewel in the roughsteven-o is a jewel in the rough

or mixedcycles. since your gonna be selling parts to all kinds of different bikes
Old 04-25-2008, 01:01 AM
Thread Killer!!!

Originally Posted by BISHOP PHILLIPS
sometimes a simple name will help out the most... if you ar selling parts and stuff. you dont want people to wonder what you are selling... why not thorpe's cycle center
I agree with you I just don't want to sound small time (which I am) and not to keen on the way it looks....www.thorpescyclecenter.com

I really like short names. When somebody is looking for a part or bike everybody could just say "Go to _ _ _ _ _ _ cycles (or something of that manner), they gots the deals"

No worries about mispelling or missing part of the name. I already have to repeat the spellin of my name every time someone else writes it.

Not bashing your input man I do appreciate it!!!

I know you don't have a second chance to make a first impression so I have critiqued myself out of everything so far
Old 04-25-2008, 01:05 AM
Thread Killer!!!

Originally Posted by steven-o
or mixedcycles. since your gonna be selling parts to all kinds of different bikes
not bad not bad.

what about www.forcycle.com ?
Old 04-25-2008, 01:06 AM

MCGYVER is an unknown quantity at this point

In my opinion you want something that can be easily said or abreviated for example where I live "Percels motorsport" (said as percels), "North Jax motorsports" (North jax), or in my personal case "904cycles" (904). We (stunt904) are pretty well know in our small community so we used that to our advantage. If it seems to long for you to say don't use it.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:11 AM
Thread Killer!!!

Originally Posted by MCGYVER
In my opinion you want something that can be easily said or abreviated for example where I live "Percels motorsport" (said as percels), "North Jax motorsports" (North jax), or in my personal case "904cycles" (904). We (stunt904) are pretty well know in our small community so we used that to our advantage. If it seems to long for you to say don't use it.
+1

That's the kinda impression I want. SHort and unforgetable.

Like Argo you can't forget that name once you say it
Old 04-25-2008, 01:13 AM
Thread Killer!!!

WOAH! my post count was 666 I had to get off that!
Old 04-25-2008, 01:14 AM

BISHOP PHILLIPS can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by THORPE
I agree with you I just don't want to sound small time (which I am) and not to keen on the way it looks....www.thorpescyclecenter.com

I really like short names. When somebody is looking for a part or bike everybody could just say "Go to _ _ _ _ _ _ cycles (or something of that manner), they gots the deals"

No worries about mispelling or missing part of the name. I already have to repeat the spellin of my name every time someone else writes it.

Not bashing your input man I do appreciate it!!!

I know you don't have a second chance to make a first impression so I have critiqued myself out of everything so far
no problem bro... i have a degree in business and marketing... i was just throwing something out there... in the end do whats good for you.... ... but it is a proven fact the business names with one or two syllables are 40% more likely to succed... nike,reebok, walmart, sears, redline cycles, or even stasis ..... but good luck in your business... i will more then likely be a customer...at some point and time
Old 04-25-2008, 01:19 AM

sp33ddemon19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Something easy to spell for sure dynasty moto/motorsports, just 2 wheels,universal moto/motorsports, ill post more as i think of them lol
Old 04-25-2008, 01:24 AM
Thread Killer!!!

Originally Posted by BISHOP PHILLIPS
no problem bro... i have a degree in business and marketing... i was just throwing something out there... in the end do whats good for you.... ... but it is a proven fact the business names with one or two syllables are 40% more likely to succed... nike,reebok, walmart, sears, redline cycles, or even stasis ..... but good luck in your business... i will more then likely be a customer...at some point and time

Looks like your 2 syllable is well on it's way man :YEAH

That is deff the sound i want and I'm sure I'll have to get some of them shoes too

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help me help you name my business!!