New tank dent grip....

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 02:57 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold
New tank dent grip....

What do you guys all think of this for the top of my tank? Anyone ever try anything like this before? Hope it's not a repost, sorry if it is....

I was fine with the old standby of skater's grip tape, but I just opted for more of an O-town style dish now instead of my weak first attempt at denting one of these new generation of plastic shroud tanks. So I got that taken care of, and as I was getting ready to put things back together and find out what was rattling inside my tank now...LOL .... I was thinking about how I'm also sick of ripping up the *** of all my pants too, and I could use a better lip in the rear...
so I found these....

Anyone ever try out anything like this yet? The lip in the back looks like it's gonna be very very useful, and the rubberized foam material also looks like it'll easy on the old ****!

Click image for larger version

Name:	kalanirobbtraction_blackcamo300.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	205014
Click image for larger version

Name:	bruceironstraction300.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	205013
Old 01-18-2008, 02:59 PM

S.I.T can only hope to improve
Re: New tank dent grip....

Got a couple of buddies that run that type of padding. It's good up until gas get's on em........
Old 01-18-2008, 03:03 PM

havok is an unknown quantity at this point

i believ teach does its that surf board stuff....look at the photos by nags,,youll see it ,,its in blue white and black...
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

Yea..... then what happens? does the glue give out?
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

Yea just make sure your gas cap doesn't leak it will eat threw it after a while.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:05 PM

S.I.T can only hope to improve

That. ANd it soaks up in the padding, which then trickles down to teh children and burns!!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2008, 03:05 PM

SliverR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have it on my F4i with gas was all over the place and it still sticks fine. Probably depends on the brand you buy to.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:06 PM
hunts and stunts

R we still just talkin about the glue getting dissolved?? Not the pad itself like a styrofoam cup right?!?!
Old 01-18-2008, 03:08 PM
hunts and stunts

Originally Posted by S.I.T
That. ANd it soaks up in the padding, which then trickles down to teh children and burns!!!!!!!

Some looked like they were softer and more padded than the ones we got. It looks more rubber than anything I think.....
Old 01-18-2008, 03:14 PM
YUT UGH

Re-Micks is a decent person

i use that stuff, i got the sticky bumps brand and love the ****.... i talked to teach about it and bought some a couple months ago of ebay...

i got a buddy into using it and i know im never going back to grip tape etc again

do it!

Old 01-18-2008, 03:15 PM
YUT UGH

Re-Micks is a decent person

Originally Posted by SliverR6
I have it on my F4i with gas was all over the place and it still sticks fine. Probably depends on the brand you buy to.
+1 on that i had a gas cap leak.. that **** didnt go any where still just as sticky
Old 01-18-2008, 03:23 PM

kosi28 is an unknown quantity at this point

if the glue starts to give way just restick it with super glue the super glue holds and doesn't disolve
Old 01-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

IT's nice when you have a dent but no dent it sucks
Old 01-18-2008, 04:47 PM
A Few Loose Screws - DVD

CRAZY DAN is a decent person

this is what im rocking on the 636!

pick your flavor!

http://www.islesurfboards.com/index....S&Category=261

Old 01-18-2008, 04:50 PM
hunts and stunts

That's pretty cool bro... too bad we already ordered a couple of the camo ones.. I'm gonna have to trim a bunch on it anyways....

How much did you find that for Dan?

*edit* nevermind... my bad. I didn't see the link.... that's about what we paid.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:06 PM

MARCus JR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by S.I.T
Got a couple of buddies that run that type of padding. It's good up until gas get's on em........
Yeh that happend to me!!!
Old 01-18-2008, 06:20 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

I officially got em ordered J.....hope to see em soon. I liked the Camo option one especially because its a 5 piece style where I can spread the pad a bit to cover a lil more of the tank and I'm gonna use the two smaller front peices on the tail for seat stander and to hold me a lil better for no handers.

As long as it sticks to the clear coat ver my new Kandy paint when it gets done, I'll be happy. I cant keep patching the *** on all my jeans or buying pair after pair either, it gets annoying!
Old 01-18-2008, 06:29 PM

stuntrider227 has much to be proud ofstuntrider227 has much to be proud ofstuntrider227 has much to be proud ofstuntrider227 has much to be proud ofstuntrider227 has much to be proud ofstuntrider227 has much to be proud ofstuntrider227 has much to be proud ofstuntrider227 has much to be proud ofstuntrider227 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CRAZY DAN

pick your flavor!

Thats some tight **** right there bro.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:55 AM

WillyWonka is a decent person

i dont know anything about it but i think im going to try it too. griptape can sometimes rub you the wrong way
Old 01-19-2008, 01:42 AM
A Few Loose Screws - DVD

CRAZY DAN is a decent person

Originally Posted by CRAZY DAN

pick your flavor!

Originally Posted by stuntrider227
Thats some tight **** right there bro.
figures...out of stock now!

Hi Daniel,
Sorry but we are currently out of stock in the SB traction pad that you ordered I am not sure when and if we will be getting that particular traction back in stock. Please take a look at the other tractions that we have (linked bellow) and I can send you an alternate one. Please feel free to write or call with any questions.
Thank you

im going to go with the gorilla grip now. all black.

Quick Reply: New tank dent grip....