ramp 2 ramp shows

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 11:25 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person
ramp 2 ramp shows

alright....who did it????? i heard somebody undercut thomas on these....honestly now......how can you make any money when you sell yourself this cheap???i have heard a price and it sound a little rediculous.....somebody better voice up about this ****......selling our sport for pennies on the dollar is retarded......just so you can ride in an arena????

who is it cause it's not going to take much for one of the REAL ramp 2 ramp riders to walk into an arena and find out.....then KNOCK you out for being stupid.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:28 AM
Back to North Carolina...

weirdsteve is a decent person
Re: ramp 2 ramp shows

there was another thread about this but it got deleted for good reason. This one likely will and should be too.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:30 AM

why??? cause there is a group of individuals that thinks they can run an international show system BETTER?! lol this should be good.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Ryan S
why??? cause there is a group of individuals that thinks they can run an international show system BETTER?! lol this should be good.
2 different views 2 much drama, in the end just ride and have fun. BTW i've read about your accident and just wanted to say that i respect you and support you man keep it up.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:45 AM

2 different views, yes, but you can't do those shows that you have to drive for hundreds of miles ANY cheaper....trust me, i've TRIED.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:01 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

damn.

with the sport being so small and relatively unsupported, you guys can't afford to squabble over shows, undercut each other, or anything like that. division in such a small sport is bad. Please promote yourself and each other. and don't sell yourself short, it gives the whole sport away for nothing. the companies paying for entertainment can afford it. there are people out there doing some seriously gay **** and getting PAID.

god I wish I could just walk up on it and work the locks, because I'm finding the people who write the checks. But learning something on the fly is slow and painful. and riddled with **** ups.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:33 PM

well....i hope that ramp2ramp comes to the upper midwest, i have no problem walking in and taking keys......nobody beats up on a cripple.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:39 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

ha! abusing it like girl power already.

nice. they don't beat me up either, no matter how ridiculous I get.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:40 PM
florida! finally

Nate-VMC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by weirdsteve
2 different views 2 much drama, in the end just ride and have fun. BTW i've read about your accident and just wanted to say that i respect you and support you man keep it up.

Its not just riding and having fun to people like Ryan that make a good portion of their living from doing good paying stunt shows.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:47 PM

Amen Nate. This ***** with me a little too.

paid exhibitions are a pro endeavor. people need to come professional and it might be good if you all get together, in a riders union *cough cough cough* work out a standard price for various things and stick to it, so there will be a precedent.

so you can say across the board, competitive pros make this much a show plus per diem, transportation costs and lodging. Amateurs make this much, etc. if there's a standard people won't crap their pants when I explain that stunters should get paid for what they do, despite them hearing from a local power whoolie sucker that he'll ride for a sandwich.

I am not into booking shows, it drives me up a ******* wall hearing "how much? we've got guys who'll do it for gas money!"

and trying to explain the difference between a pro and an amateur seems to get me nowhere.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:51 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

So whats the deal? Someone else came in and offered to do shows cheaper? And now they wont pay the other guys more?

If you don't like it, unionize and strike!
Old 01-09-2008, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Nate-VMC
Its not just riding and having fun to people like Ryan that make a good portion of their living from doing good paying stunt shows.
It wasn't me that did the show but it was some good friends of mine. Seriously though we went through it before so I'm dropping it here.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:05 PM

sorry for the unsolicited advice, but rather than getting hung up on who needs the work most, please just unionize and establish standards and practices to deal with the problems that are bound to come up. you all deserve to eat, so there has to be a way to deal with the confusion over costs.

Another thing is if a sponsor wants a different rider, they get what they want, but if a rider is out there undercutting...

make it so. Be a card carrying pro rider and make it known, use the riders union you guys establish as another way to legitimize your sport. Market yourself as a card holding pro, market against those who won't join the union as not being professional. a pro stuntrider who is adhering to the standards of his sport can command more money and very well should get more respect in that end of this industry.

then when you get problems, they can be addressed by the protocols of te union. major infractors could be barred from comps. etc. gain control of your sport and make it go the direction you want. you can do this.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by weirdsteve
It wasn't me that did the show but it was some good friends of mine. Seriously though we went through it before so I'm dropping it here.
well....you can tell them they just shot themselves in the foot...THANKYOU very much.

some people will never understand this sport....most only will be involved in the sport for a year at most......some of us have been around for a while and want to make a solid effort to make a living while riding a motorcycle.....undercuting this event was plain retarded.....
Old 01-09-2008, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Towlieee
So whats the deal? Someone else came in and offered to do shows cheaper? And now they wont pay the other guys more?

If you don't like it, unionize and strike!
yeah....somebody did it cheaper.....now the guys that have been doing it for years and actually figured out a system to ride on polished concrete get pushed to the side....GREAT JOB guys.....now go slap yourselves.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:34 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

shitty, that was a good system Thomas set up
Old 01-09-2008, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Derek M
shitty, that was a good system Thomas set up
exactly, and the riders had it damn good.....show up and ride....isn't that what everybody wants????

or would you rather talk with a show organizer 30 times before the actual event, sending and replying to numerous emails and worrying that your boys are taken care of???

i really hope these guys come to the midwest, i would like to see what they do so much better.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:42 PM

zride is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ryan S
yeah....somebody did it cheaper.....now the guys that have been doing it for years and actually figured out a system to ride on polished concrete get pushed to the side....GREAT JOB guys.....now go slap yourselves.

edited.....your right...I gots to have some respect....sorry I should just shut my trap on this one!

Last edited by zride; 01-09-2008 at 01:51 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:48 PM

another easily missed point. Any company turning their back on VMC after what you guys have been through is retarded or completely unaware of the scope of the support you'll continuously receive for having so much heart in the first place. a lot of people are watching you guys and every last one of them likes the PEOPLE they see. that's money.

the dicks who think that doesn't matter don't know a thing. it ******* matters. especially in marketing, presentation is paramount and you present like champs. you're easy to write about, I'll say that.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:49 PM

zride. **** that. it's bad for business. peple will make more money when everyone refuses to take less money. just because it's possible to **** someone doesn't mean you should.they show up

but you're right everything can't be run by one person. all you guys need to cooperate. it's a sport, AND your life, not just your life. it's more than just you and what you want.

what I want has to matter too

Last edited by excessa; 01-09-2008 at 01:54 PM.

Quick Reply: ramp 2 ramp shows