Anyone ride big 50's?????????

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 08:59 AM

boostnm3 is a decent person
Anyone ride big 50's?????????

Im looking at getting something to play around on. A friend is wanting one also. He found some ebay auctions listing these bikes. They are 4 stroke 125cc with a 4 speed manual shifter. Anyone ever bought one or know anything about them? Here is a link. I was thinking its cheap and looks alright. Just dont know much more than that.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FREE-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 05-21-2007, 09:04 AM

aw0n0 can only hope to improve
Re: Anyone ride big 50's?????????

looks like a good deal
Old 05-21-2007, 09:06 AM

randomjibrish is an unknown quantity at this point

i think theres a guy on fiddylife with one....it runs good as far as he sez, i think u would still b better off on a fifty that was used, there indestructable, and im not sure on how well u can find parts for that bike
Old 05-21-2007, 09:11 AM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

I have a drz400...it's basically a big 50.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:17 AM

nyRocketkid is an unknown quantity at this point

Those fiddys are garbage. This is a big topic over at fiddylife. Its a "Ya get what you pay for" kinda thing. China fiddys will never take a fraction of the abuse that honda fiddys take. Also you can't find replacment parts for these eather. They say also that the stage 3 trail bikes 88cc kit on a honda 50 will run wih alot of 110cc+ china ones. The people I've seen with these usually have them broken down in there garage cause they can't get parts for them. Also there is a lot bigger aftermarket parts list for hondas.
Your eather gonna buy a honda now, or wish you did later.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:32 AM

yeah i know hondas are better, but this was just an option. The thing i like about this, is its already setup for a bigger rider. Has disc brakes front and rear and manual clutch. Hondas have drums and then i would have to buy everything to make it suitable for a bigger rider. I was just wondering if anyone has bought 1 or ridden 1. 125 cc seems like a lot of power for that little thing. 110 might be plenty. Im new to the whole 50 world. Ive ridden a crf 50 and that thing is just slow as hell and weak. Another thing i didnt like was how low to the ground you sit.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by boostnm3
yeah i know hondas are better, but this was just an option. The thing i like about this, is its already setup for a bigger rider. Has disc brakes front and rear and manual clutch. Hondas have drums and then i would have to buy everything to make it suitable for a bigger rider. I was just wondering if anyone has bought 1 or ridden 1. 125 cc seems like a lot of power for that little thing. 110 might be plenty. Im new to the whole 50 world. Ive ridden a crf 50 and that thing is just slow as hell and weak. Another thing i didnt like was how low to the ground you sit.
Ya I almost bought one like this off ebay for the same reasons. I talked with a bunch of guys on fiddylife & they all said the same stuff I just told you.
This bike is also set up for dirt. Look at how long the rear swingarm is & the profile of the suspension. It's going to be alot harder to stunt also. It will be like stunting a 50 with alonger swingarm. I talked to a guy before that bought a simalar one and he said it was 10x harder to stunt than his honda.
You also have to thik about, replacment parts.
Where are you going to get replacment brake pads, rotors, mabay calipers, fork seals, engine & suspensiuon parts? Shifter & brake levers? Chain & sprockets?
Also your not going to find a 12 bar for this and if you can buy one for a 50 & rig it its going to be a 1:00 bar because it will be so far back to scape because of the long swingarm. Also a handbrake will be harder to rig because of the square swingarm instead of the round honda.

Last edited by nyRocketkid; 05-21-2007 at 10:48 AM.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:51 AM

Also look at where the axle sits on that swingarm. How are you going to mount rear pegs?
Street tires will be harder to find also. & more expensive.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:07 AM

-GoBLIN- is a decent person

I got a no name brand (NNB...) 110cc, and i love it. Only problem I have had so far was a bad gasket, for the left cover. Couldn't find one to replace it (although i didnt look) so i got some liquid gasket from autozone. Did the trick.

I put a couple drops of octane booster, and run a cap full of marvel mystrey oil, and the thing runs great now.

Its an auto clutch which kinda sucks, but the thing can lift two people sitting on the front from a standtill.

took some walmart mongoose pegs, bored them out on the drill press and threw them on there, and they work well.

I paid less than 200 bucks for the thing, almost new, and Im expecting something to break... but nothing yet cept a lever. Which, couldnt find the "exact" lever but 1st one i grabbed at the shop fit fine.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:54 AM

-GoBLIN- is a decent person

here's a pic of my ****... its been painted, and a beefier 12 bar has been put on since.

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/att...12-bars-12.jpg
Old 05-21-2007, 01:23 PM

Thanks for all the responses. Im going to be riding it on a track my buddy has setup at his house as well as stunting it and just playing around, so it might do the trick.