How many riders?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 12:08 AM

VK_Boomer is an unknown quantity at this point
How many riders?

Just wondering how many riders are riding on a or have bad knees? I tore my acl last september, and i was putting off surgery until after stuntwars. And then it happen, last sunday practice, steped off a circle the wrong way, and bam the knee dislocates again. it didnt stop my from riding sunday, but damn if it a swollen the size of a basketball now, and i can barelly walk. enough said just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem as me.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:38 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

KENNETH929RR is a decent person
Re: How many riders?

Originally Posted by VK_Boomer
Just wondering how many riders are riding on a or have bad knees? I tore my acl last september, and i was putting off surgery until after stuntwars. And then it happen, last sunday practice, steped off a circle the wrong way, and bam the knee dislocates again. it didnt stop my from riding sunday, but damn if it a swollen the size of a basketball now, and i can barelly walk. enough said just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem as me.
sounds like you got water on the knee.... draining time. thats called age lol hope you get better
Old 11-22-2006, 02:31 AM

J-Boogie is a decent person

torn acl and pcl meniscus, had all fixed 2 yrs ago, still hurts to this day, i dont have full range of motion , but i can still climb in and out of HC like a pimp :YEAH

when i started this sport i had no one telling me about sprokets cages 12 bars HB's etc. all i knew is i wanted to learn to wheelie my ZX9R

so i thought well 1rst gear with the power band ready to kick in w/both feet on the passenger pegs should get me to BP at like 40 mph i ripped it up and crashed my right leg hit the ground folding up the wrong way behind me. after i calmed myslef down from the shock and pain! i rode my broke twisted bike to the hospital...side saddal cause my leg was to jacked up, i thought it was a broken bone...nope no bones were broke just ligaments tendons and other soft tissue that takes 10 times longer to heal than bones...

im still bitter to this day about my bum knee every stunt session you will catch me rubbing my knee

the surgery was worth it for one reason that its really strong now but it hurts every now and then.

poping giving out are signs of ligament injury which never heals. needs medical treatment or strengthining of the muscles surrouniding the knee...a physical therapist will give you work outs that ergonomically build the muscle properly.

after i got better and learned the basics all the gys that came after me in stunting around here got all my help &advice none of them have bad knees and are all learning faster than i did on my own, im happy for them but still bitter
Old 11-22-2006, 02:33 AM
www.myspace.com/emrock

Emrock is a decent person

i have horrible knees
Old 11-22-2006, 02:41 AM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

I m havin same problem...
Old 11-22-2006, 02:46 AM

ZANE is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by I wanna ride
torn acl and pcl meniscus, had all fixed 2 yrs ago, still hurts to this day, i dont have full range of motion , but i can still climb in and out of HC like a pimp :YEAH

when i started this sport i had no one telling me about sprokets cages 12 bars HB's etc. all i knew is i wanted to learn to wheelie my ZX9R

so i thought well 1rst gear with the power band ready to kick in w/both feet on the passenger pegs should get me to BP at like 40 mph i ripped it up and crashed my right leg hit the ground folding up the wrong way behind me. after i calmed myslef down from the shock and pain! i rode my broke twisted bike to the hospital...side saddal cause my leg was to jacked up, i thought it was a broken bone...nope no bones were broke just ligaments tendons and other soft tissue that takes 10 times longer to heal than bones...

im still bitter to this day about my bum knee every stunt session you will catch me rubbing my knee

the surgery was worth it for one reason that its really strong now but it hurts every now and then.

poping giving out are signs of ligament injury which never heals. needs medical treatment or strengthining of the muscles surrouniding the knee...a physical therapist will give you work outs that ergonomically build the muscle properly.

after i got better and learned the basics all the gys that came after me in stunting around here got all my help &advice none of them have bad knees and are all learning faster than i did on my own, im happy for them but still bitter

Almost the same injury/story. It sucks, it ages you quickly, and there is no silver lining. You just have to accept what has happened and either go on, or go without. That's life.
Old 11-22-2006, 03:47 AM

bruno_z is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Emrock
i have horrible knees
mine make all type of sounds...hurt often, but no dislocation or stuff like that, aldo I know it can only go worse...
Old 11-22-2006, 04:27 AM

SinCalRyder is an unknown quantity at this point

Cant say I ride with a bad knee, but will be soon as I have enough range of motion to get back on my bike. I go to therapy 3 times a week and have had 3 surgeries since June 11th when I wheelied over. Kinda same storie as the guy above except my speed was closer to 90 mph, and it was 3rd gear LoL. But yeah shattered everything in my leg, had 2 surgeries in town then sent to Stanford University by ambulance for the third surgery. Not to mention having to spend a month and a half taking naps in a hyperbaric chamber. And they had to cut out one of my calf muscles and staple it to the front of my leg in order to fill the dead hole in my leg that you could see through. Good news is I am bout 2 inches from hitting my pegs Oh yeah, but was also told depending on how hard I am on my knee I will need a full knee replacement in 10 to 15 years.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Smallscene09.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	184001   Click image for larger version

Name:	Smallscene21.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	184002   Click image for larger version

Name:	SmallMuscleFlap 001.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	184004  
Attached Images  
Old 11-22-2006, 10:07 AM

PavementEater is an unknown quantity at this point

Teach has had his knee problem for a while. I think thats really the only thing stopping him from taking over the world.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by PavementEater
Teach has had his knee problem for a while. I think thats really the only thing stopping him from taking over the world.
me too lol
Old 11-27-2006, 12:48 AM

damn i guess im lucky in the fact that yes i live every day with knee pain , but i have come to bare with it, and it doesnt affect my stunting, so long as i keep stretching and working out on a regular basis, i guess its a forced reminder to work out and stretch, there i turned a bad thing into a good thing.

my knee injury is just a reminder to stretch and work out, i have found the more i use it=no problems
when i dont use it= hurts more....go figure
Old 11-27-2006, 04:06 AM
Senior Moderators

GSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of light

My friend rides daily with bad knee. He dislocated it and tore his acl last year, his whole knee was bent to the side. But he still rides. Walks funny but hes still doing it.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:19 AM

louisvillerider is a decent person

i hurt my knee a while back (never went to the hospital.... no ins. and im a broke ****) came off a wheelie about 20mph after i scraped and the bike twisted... i landed on my feet, but straight leg, and it folded me. hurt for about 3 mo. every time i put alot of weight on it, or caught myself w/ that leg... it's better now (9 mo. later) but it still gets hurt easily, and bothers me often... no telling what i did to it, but it hurts less NOT KNOWING
Old 11-27-2006, 08:37 AM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by PavementEater

new acl from a cadaver being slapped in by the Celtic's knee doctor on Wed:YEAH

3 months no bike...plus the month and a half i've already gone without clutching it up. pizza is key at this point!!!
Old 11-27-2006, 08:41 AM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
new acl from a cadaver being slapped in by the Celtic's knee doctor on Wed:YEAH

3 months no bike...plus the month and a half i've already gone without clutching it up. pizza is key at this point!!!

Poor guy, guess everydog has his day. At least you will have those memories when you used to be good. Cant wait to beat up on you at XDL if you dont end up being the waterboy.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:33 AM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Darius
Poor guy, guess everydog has his day. At least you will have those memories when you used to be good. Cant wait to beat up on you at XDL if you dont end up being the waterboy.

i'm so far ahead of you in 1st place, i gotta let everyone have a fair shot at beating me
Old 11-27-2006, 12:11 PM

SlitZ is a decent person

tore mcl and bashed up knee cap... really wasnt too bad tho, no surgery :YEAH
Old 11-27-2006, 12:32 PM

1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by VK_Boomer

One of my boys that rides with us has done this same thing 2 times now.. Same exact story each time. He is an OG I guess, 40 years old and still stunting.. Still no operation, but after thanksgiving night, I think he is tired of just laying on the couch taking tabs instead of riding...