f4i DB bar question?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 02:42 PM
AQPWT

aaronwilliams is a decent person
f4i DB bar question?

Ok so im out in the garage working on my bike which has been beaten to death in the last few months, and i decide to look into fixing my front end which has never been right since i put the bike together.

Basically I was a dumbass and drilled the tripple for my risers, which I got from some cruiser, before I put the forks in. Long story short I have to run my forks about an inch higher than they should be which is really screwing with how the front hooks up, basically I cant roll any endos and cant even start a rolling burnout with 40psi in the rear tire without the front washing out.

How is everyone running theirs? Id really like to get this fixed. Also what is the stock height of the forks? (How much is supposed to be showing abouve the tripple?)

Thanks in advance guys
-Aaron
Old 09-11-2006, 03:09 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: f4i DB bar question?

the line a few mm below top of the forks, flush with the top of the triples
Old 09-11-2006, 03:14 PM
AQPWT

Originally Posted by MikeM
the line a few mm below top of the forks, flush with the top of the triples
dont the clipons go above the tripples on the f4i though?
Old 09-11-2006, 03:17 PM
AQPWT

NM about the height I downloaded the manual it is 33mm or 1.3 inches from the tripple to the top of the fork
Old 09-11-2006, 03:19 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by aaronwilliams
dont the clipons go above the tripples on the f4i though?
i thought you were using db bars
Old 09-11-2006, 04:14 PM
AQPWT

Originally Posted by MikeM
i thought you were using db bars
I am using DB bars but if you put that line flush with the tripples your gonna be running 1.3 inches higher than your supposed to be in the front right?
Old 09-11-2006, 04:20 PM

Sparks! is an unknown quantity at this point

Theres nothing you can do about it I don't think, the bars won't clear the forks, unless you get super long risers which will look stupid.

I changed mine over recently, made the bike unstable and weird at corneirng, it just dropped in wayyy too easy.. was nice for stuntin but the bar mount snapped so I changed back to clip ons and fairing I prefer the fully faired look anyway...
Old 09-11-2006, 05:42 PM
AQPWT

i got it to clear i made some 1 inch aluminum spacers to sit under my risers and longer grade 8.8 bolts doesnt feel to bad but i gotta ride it to see if im gonna keep it like that.

Now to track down a 900rr idle adjuster so I can do that mod.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:52 PM
bp chaser

I am using DB bars but if you put that line flush with the tripples your gonna be running 1.3 inches higher than your supposed to be in the front right?
Just do it anyway. The it will hook up better for stoppies. The downfall is that the bike wont corner as well, but if you have d bars youre probably not worried about that
Old 09-11-2006, 06:06 PM
AQPWT

id think it would hook up with more weight on it from being further down?
Old 09-11-2006, 07:18 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

jowalskiMO is an unknown quantity at this point

dirtbars=g g g g g g g gay!!!! hahahaha the longer the forks are the easier the thing will stoppie.. think...........dududun!!! dirtbikes!!! hella easy to make the front wheelie on
Old 09-11-2006, 08:00 PM
AQPWT

somehow I knew someone was gonna say somthing stupid like that Cant someone ask a question without things turning into DB bars vs Clipons. Yes dirtbikes also have a higher rear suspension to match the longer front forks too, so they sit level. If you put a dirtbike front end on a street bike and make it look like a fuggin big wheel its not gonna make it eaiser to endo.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:53 PM

HighStyles has a spectacular aura aboutHighStyles has a spectacular aura about

had to jack my forks way up.. works good for me
Old 09-14-2006, 03:21 AM
AQPWT

So just a result I put the forks back to what the manual says is "stock" height which I posted earlier 1.3 inches or 33mm and the bike hooks up like a dream now, and the bars feel great at that height. Man for the first endo Ive done on the f4i I LOVE it. Im on a stock front end with a pilot race up front and Im running a 636 MC and its SOOOO smooth, it feels so light too like the tail just floats up its crazy.

Cant wait to get out tomarrow and practice up on them cus I almost got in a fist fight with the guy who lives across the street from me funny story.

11pm I ride away from my house and down the road where there arent many houses and roll a few endos from like 35-40 short shifting and all to keep the noise down probly didnt go over 5000 RPM. I roll back to my house and theres this guy waiting in front of my garage. He says "theres people trying to sleep." Im like "whatever man i wasnt that loud pulling out." Then he tries to lecture me about not having a helmet on and not having any lights on my bike and told me "I better not do it agian", this just pisses me off. So I said " what are you gonna kick my *** if I do it again, are you threatening me? If your gonna kick my *** why dont you ****ing do it, if not then get the **** off my property." He shut the **** up and walked his *** home.

Im pissed though I was gonna wait a few hours and take the motard to the store cus that would deff wake his *** up but its all street legal then id lock the F4i in the trailer and put my buddies R6 which is street legal in the garage and wait for the cops to show up. I dont know what your talking about officer?
Old 09-14-2006, 05:13 AM

xavierthegreat1 is an unknown quantity at this point

So just a result I put the forks back to what the manual says is "stock" height which I posted earlier 1.3 inches or 33mm and the bike hooks up like a dream now, and the bars feel great at that height. Man for the first endo Ive done on the f4i I LOVE it. Im on a stock front end with a pilot race up front and Im running a 636 MC and its SOOOO smooth, it feels so light too like the tail just floats up its crazy.

Cant wait to get out tomarrow and practice up on them cus I almost got in a fist fight with the guy who lives across the street from me funny story.

11pm I ride away from my house and down the road where there arent many houses and roll a few endos from like 35-40 short shifting and all to keep the noise down probly didnt go over 5000 RPM. I roll back to my house and theres this guy waiting in front of my garage. He says "theres people trying to sleep." Im like "whatever man i wasnt that loud pulling out." Then he tries to lecture me about not having a helmet on and not having any lights on my bike and told me "I better not do it agian", this just pisses me off. So I said " what are you gonna kick my *** if I do it again, are you threatening me? If your gonna kick my *** why dont you ****ing do it, if not then get the **** off my property." He shut the **** up and walked his *** home.

Im pissed though I was gonna wait a few hours and take the motard to the store cus that would deff wake his *** up but its all street legal then id lock the F4i in the trailer and put my buddies R6 which is street legal in the garage and wait for the cops to show up. I dont know what your talking about officer?
Good story Hansel! that actually would have been pretty funny. I hate people like that. my neighbor called the cops when I crashed in front of my driveway.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:38 AM

lake666 is an unknown quantity at this point

haha! nice! I got a long driveway and my neighbour went off at me for ridin up it 'fast' (only about 30!!!) anyway the biyatch goes "slow down, what if you hit my dog, you HOON!" i was like " well what the **** is your dog gunna be doin on MY driveway then? If i see it im gunna get my truck!"
Then the biyatch went and screamed at her husband!!!! funny as hell!
Old 09-14-2006, 07:21 AM

DWJmoto will become famous soon enough

seems like most neighbours s u c k
Old 09-14-2006, 10:50 AM

f4stunna is a decent person

Now to track down a 900rr idle adjuster so I can do that mod.
the 600rr cable is longer
Old 09-14-2006, 11:12 AM
AQPWT

Originally Posted by f4stunna
the 600rr cable is longer
word thanks
Old 09-14-2006, 12:42 PM

hyperryder is an unknown quantity at this point

make life easy for your self get a 954 front end with steel braided lines and a full throttle topclamp and some pro tape bars motion pro clutch and throrrle cables bot 1 inch longer and your set it will set you back ummmmm $1200 easy