Stunting In X-games

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 08:43 PM

$$$$DINO$$$$ is a decent person
Re: Stunting In X-games

dirt bikes are not for the streets the make them why cant they make stunts bike for the tracks or something
Old 07-21-2006, 08:46 PM

foxswank is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been telling all my friends that within 3 years it will be!!:YEAH
Old 07-21-2006, 08:47 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by $$$$DINO$$$$
dirt bikes are not for the streets the make them why cant they make stunts bike for the tracks or something
not a big enough market for that just yet, but prob will be in the future.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:57 PM

Venom600 is an unknown quantity at this point

Plus the possibility of a lawsuit. If Honda made a "stunt bike" and someone broke thier neck because they didnt know what they were doing, they could try to sue Honda saying that its what the bike was for. Honda would have to come up with a strong waiver or something.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
not a big enough market for that just yet, but prob will be in the future.
yea i guess when it becomes a real sport
Old 07-21-2006, 09:00 PM

dozerbro88 is an unknown quantity at this point

i think it would be sweet and could potentially bring in more viewers but it would probably only be hot for a short while.........
Old 07-21-2006, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Venom600
Plus the possibility of a lawsuit. If Honda made a "stunt bike" and someone broke thier neck because they didnt know what they were doing, they could try to sue Honda saying that its what the bike was for. Honda would have to come up with a strong waiver or something.
why dont people sue honda for makeing sportbikes
Old 07-21-2006, 09:06 PM

Venom600 is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont know, it just seems like a possibility, but dont get me wrong, I'd love for Honda to make a stunt bike.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:49 PM

kaiks is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stover720
like i said all you haters... your the type of people that think there top **** cause you call yourselves stunters... and you think its cool and badass cause not many do it and you think your underground...

anyone that truly thinks of stunting as a sport would want it to grow...

dude relax did anyone at once hate on stunting...NO! so comprehend what you read and understand it before you start talking ****...
Old 07-21-2006, 10:50 PM

JUST_PRODUCING is an unknown quantity at this point

this sport is treated in many different ways by all kinds of riders, some like the streets, some like doing shows, some like to compete, some like to run from police yada yada, however i think that for the riders that just have that nack and seem to be taking the riding to new levels, they deserve a serious event such as the xgames to showcase this sport, even if its not an actual competition i think there are a handlefull of riders that could easily entertain the xgames crowd. realistically just about every sport in the xgames has an underground market aswell as a mainstream, for example there are pro drag racers and then there are kids that go out and race on the streets, there are pro skaters and kids that skate hand rails in front of the court house, dirt bike jumpers and kids ridin dirtbikes on the street and duckin of into trails to dodge cops, so what i getting at hear is yes people will always be killing the street, but theres no reason to take anything away from the guys who are taking it seriously and for the real fans out there, the only way they are ever gonna see this sport reach a level where the top riders are inovating hundreds of new tricks all the time is if the pros are able to make a living riding their bikes and can then take their riding to new levels, travis pastrana would have never done a double back flip if he was working for his aunts cleaning company for the last 4 years just to make a buck and go out and ride with his boys
Old 07-21-2006, 10:57 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JUST_PRODUCING
this sport is treated in many different ways by all kinds of riders, some like the streets, some like doing shows, some like to compete, some like to run from police yada yada, however i think that for the riders that just have that nack and seem to be taking the riding to new levels, they deserve a serious event such as the xgames to showcase this sport, even if its not an actual competition i think there are a handlefull of riders that could easily entertain the xgames crowd. realistically just about every sport in the xgames has an underground market aswell as a mainstream, for example there are pro drag racers and then there are kids that go out and race on the streets, there are pro skaters and kids that skate hand rails in front of the court house, dirt bike jumpers and kids ridin dirtbikes on the street and duckin of into trails to dodge cops, so what i getting at hear is yes people will always be killing the street, but theres no reason to take anything away from the guys who are taking it seriously and for the real fans out there, the only way they are ever gonna see this sport reach a level where the top riders are inovating hundreds of new tricks all the time is if the pros are able to make a living riding their bikes and can then take their riding to new levels, travis pastrana would have never done a double back flip if he was working for his aunts cleaning company for the last 4 years just to make a buck and go out and ride with his boys
stunt riding needs to stand on its own feet like it has been doing and continue its own progression, not jump on the coat tails of **** shows like the x games. stunting needs to grow with the core companies that are supporting it just like it is doing. not have mountain dew telling them that they cant say heck on tv cuz it looks bad for their company. x games turns so called sports into cliche's. i dont even need to talk about really cuz its def not going to be in the x games, and thats a good thing.

p.s. stunters have an event already like what youre talking about, its called stuntwars. it was run like **** last year but stunting as an organized event is so brand new here that its going to take some time before an event like stuntwars is going to be done right. you shouldnt hope that the control of something like that goes into the hands of ppl who care nothing about the riders more than a dollar sign as the x games does.

Last edited by sdfkillz; 07-21-2006 at 11:02 PM.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:58 PM

letsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to all

I'll give it 2 years before its in. If someone pitches the RIGHT idea
Old 07-21-2006, 11:20 PM

camilion4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Lol ha
Old 07-21-2006, 11:48 PM

skidmark is a decent person

Originally Posted by skat37
i think it would kill the sport and evolve it into ten year old kids knowing everything and everytime i come to a light im gonna have the soccer van screamin out "DO A HIGHCHAIR" and thats something i dont want.
i had some kids do something similar at one spot, my slow stuff was boring to them and they just wanted fast scrapes, so i obliged. Our **** would get old in xgames real quick cuz joe shmoe and his fat kids dont get it...
Old 07-21-2006, 11:57 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by WheelchairStunt
should stunt riding be added to the X-Games yes or no?

tim
No motorcycle stunting sucks. You guys are all squids and are abusing the finely tuned racing macines that Honda makes.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:16 AM

FARMER BOYZ is a decent person

Originally Posted by NINER
No motorcycle stunting sucks. You guys are all squids and are abusing the finely tuned racing macines that Honda makes.
yea right I seen your mint honda the other day...
Old 07-22-2006, 12:19 AM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by FARMER BOYZ
yea right I seen your mint honda the other day...
Before or after it leveled 4 chainlink fence posts?
Old 07-22-2006, 01:01 AM

Scott982 is a decent person

If it does go to the x-games or something along that line it wouldn't really change anything. I know some guys that ride pro bmx and have done x-games, tripple crown, gravity games all those things and they still just hang out at the skate park and ride around on the streets like they started out its all good. I think people would get tired of it though cause the spectators don't care about the technical aspect of thing they just want to see burnouts and fast dangerous stuff which is why FMX is so popular.
Old 07-22-2006, 01:29 AM

yzstunnin is an unknown quantity at this point

what are you all talkin about it would be great if stuntin got big it would progress the sport and make it more technical look at moto-x only a handfull of guys ever thought about a backflip and now you have to have one to make you cant just jump a bike and get sponsors and idiot can wheelie you got to have skill to make it a life
Old 07-22-2006, 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by yzstunnin
what are you all talkin about it would be great if stuntin got big it would progress the sport and make it more technical look at moto-x only a handfull of guys ever thought about a backflip and now you have to have one to make you cant just jump a bike and get sponsors and idiot can wheelie you got to have skill to make it a life
backflips arent technical "idiot"

Quick Reply: Stunting In X-games