Rider goes Down

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2004, 10:56 AM
I'm Getting Used to Posting

SCoast AStar13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Rider goes Down

I was forced off the Garden State Parkway (NJ) on my way to my girls house on Friday. I was cruising along in the passing lane with the flow of traffic, When an idiot cage makes a quick lane change right at me without even looking. I am always careful to ride in the cars mirrors and this guy didn't even check. I was forced to the side of the road where there was no shoulder just gravel. I was going about 70-80 mph. I was on the brakes and when the bike hit the gravel I let off but the front end still went nutz and started a pretty bad head shake. I tried to ride it out on the grass but it wasn't recovering at all so I had to dump it. I slid for about fifty feet on the grass, I couldnt get away from the bike. We were heading toward the trees. The bike hit a tree right on the windscreen when the tank hit the tree the bike lifted and spun over me and landed backwards on the otherside of the tree. The guy left the scene but some people got partial plates. I got my first ambulace ride I walked away with some bad bruises and am really really sore. I f I hadn't been riding so much for the past 6 yrs it probably would have been a lot different. So I guess the moral of the story is try to always wear your jacket and buy a good helmet cause it'll save your life.
Now does anyone know where I can get some cheap parts for a TLR? I need to get back on the street. :YEAH
Old 06-20-2004, 12:22 PM

Evel Knievel is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Rider goes Down

Originally Posted by SCoast AStar13
I was forced off the Garden State Parkway (NJ) on my way to my girls house on Friday. I was cruising along in the passing lane with the flow of traffic, When an idiot cage makes a quick lane change right at me without even looking. I am always careful to ride in the cars mirrors and this guy didn't even check. I was forced to the side of the road where there was no shoulder just gravel. I was going about 70-80 mph. I was on the brakes and when the bike hit the gravel I let off but the front end still went nutz and started a pretty bad head shake. I tried to ride it out on the grass but it wasn't recovering at all so I had to dump it. I slid for about fifty feet on the grass, I couldnt get away from the bike. We were heading toward the trees. The bike hit a tree right on the windscreen when the tank hit the tree the bike lifted and spun over me and landed backwards on the otherside of the tree. The guy left the scene but some people got partial plates. I got my first ambulace ride I walked away with some bad bruises and am really really sore. I f I hadn't been riding so much for the past 6 yrs it probably would have been a lot different. So I guess the moral of the story is try to always wear your jacket and buy a good helmet cause it'll save your life.
Now does anyone know where I can get some cheap parts for a TLR? I need to get back on the street. :YEAH

Sorry bro about the accident of another stupid ***! It happens all the time i had a old lady blow right thru a stop sign at 40+ she did not even hit the brakes. I guess she did not see the ****! Get well soon bro! Let me know what you are looking for with regards to parts i will talk to some buddies and see what they have.

Peace
Old 06-20-2004, 01:42 PM
I Love To Post!

aNskY can only hope to improve

i have had people do that, but i ALWAYS EXPECT IT! if you expect theyre gonna cut you off youre ready for anything
Old 06-20-2004, 01:51 PM
I'm Getting Used to Posting

SCoast AStar13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aNskY
i have had people do that, but i ALWAYS EXPECT IT! if you expect theyre gonna cut you off youre ready for anything
I expect it thats why I always wear my gear. But if there's no shoulder there's no where to go but some shitty gravel then down b4 you wack a tree.
Old 06-20-2004, 03:00 PM
Regular StuntLifer

NYCr6Nukka is an unknown quantity at this point

i hate ****** cars.......get well man....and check ebay they have tons of **** for ur bike