Getting a new bike. Need help choosing GEAR!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 05:36 PM

Indiana Jones is an unknown quantity at this point
Getting a new bike. Need help choosing GEAR!!!!!

As of now I am in the market for a 600. I want to get my gear before I get my bike. I want a leather jacket, helmet and gloves. I do not want a cheap helmet, bc I do not want "bobbing head syndrome" I also want something that breathes very well as I do live in SOUTH FL. My girlfriend will be wearing the $125.00 HJC. I want either an arai, shoei, or suomy. Which do you prefer/ recommend? and what do you recommend for jacket and gloves? I dont want to spend too much money no more than around $800.00. Thanks!
Old 02-04-2004, 05:56 PM
Look out for big trucks!!

Rudy-eastcoastX is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Getting a new bike. Need help choosing GEAR!!!!!

Buy an arai- you get what you pay for- just don't try to color match, buy a multi color. You might buy a blue helmet but end up with a red bike. Buy a black vanson, the last for ever and match any bike. In 97 I bought a Yellow Ducati so I bought a black and yellow Dianese leather. I have had 5 bikes since then (none Yellow)

Last edited by Rudy-eastcoastX; 02-04-2004 at 06:00 PM.
Old 02-04-2004, 06:08 PM

Indiana Jones is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks I was def.going to get a multicolored helmet! B/C it will match with anything.
Old 02-05-2004, 02:31 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

Leather jacket will be hot since u live in florida. I'm from PA and I'm always hot so I went with the Alpinestar T-stunt Air flo jacket. I like it and heard it held up pritty good in crashin. Leather is the best for protection, but if you tend to be hot like me, go with the mesh type jacket. I cant remember what its called, they just look like mesh. I got my jacket from kneedraggers.com, they seemed to have some good prices. Got my Shoei Picotte helmet off ebay for under $150 it was brand new/never worn.