Jerky Cbr 929

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2003, 01:18 AM

manny3:16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Jerky Cbr 929

I used to have a 2000 zx6-r and the carbs made the throttle very smooth. Got a CBR 929 recently and the fuel injection makes the throttle jerky and not smooth. Anything to fix this like installing a aftermarket pipe?
Old 12-31-2003, 10:32 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Location: The Roughest Ghetto In The World (Ramadi, Iraq) USMC
fabes can only hope to improve
Re: Jerky Cbr 929

Originally posted by manny3:16
I used to have a 2000 zx6-r and the carbs made the throttle very smooth. Got a CBR 929 recently and the fuel injection makes the throttle jerky and not smooth. Anything to fix this like installing a aftermarket pipe?
I don't know much about mechanics but I dont think a pipe will help your problem.
Old 12-31-2003, 03:07 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold
welcome to fi, just try to roll with it and see if it starts feeling smoother
Old 01-01-2004, 12:01 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Do you have the exhaust valve in there?
Old 01-01-2004, 01:37 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point
ya, FI is not as smooth as carbs but i love it anyways.

my 929 actually is smooth as hell, 10x better than gixxers i've rode. try running injector cleaner through it. also, what octane gas do you run? i only run 93 in mine.
Old 01-01-2004, 11:21 PM
Erion 929 Pimp

DoubleRJef is an unknown quantity at this point
Puttin a pipe on it kills the bottom end. I out a full system on my 929 and it wants to fall on its face at low RPM. Putting a power commander on it helps but its still got a dead spot at low RPM.
Old 01-01-2004, 11:22 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point
i run mine bone stock, seemed to be less jerky on low end when i geared it, probably because the torque keeps it from jumping as bad as the higher gearing.
Old 01-01-2004, 11:22 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Originally posted by DoubleRJef
Puttin a pipe on it kills the bottom end. I out a full system on my 929 and it wants to fall on its face at low RPM. Putting a power commander on it helps but its still got a dead spot at low RPM.
thats most likely because you put a full system on that eliminated the exhaust valve.

For stunting however, you want the exhaust valve to be out
Old 01-02-2004, 12:24 AM

sdudgeonr6 is an unknown quantity at this point
LOL anyone help with a 2001 R6 carbs. all messed up! doesnt idle smoth at all and doesnt make very good power anymore got 18K miles on it...
-sean
Old 01-02-2004, 12:36 AM

wangsta6 is a decent person
mine doesnt idle smooth i think the need synced sp or something like that mine has 13k on it and it needs a valve adjustment
mine idles horribly but runs fine after any gas
Old 01-02-2004, 06:09 AM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by sdudgeonr6
LOL anyone help with a 2001 R6 carbs. all messed up! doesnt idle smoth at all and doesnt make very good power anymore got 18K miles on it...
-sean
i think u need to adj. ur needle shims up a notch
Old 01-02-2004, 12:33 PM

Miltown is an unknown quantity at this point
i think u need to adj. ur needle shims up a notch
ya but if the bike ran better before and now is running like poop, then its something else (unless you made changes to the bike like exhaust or somthing else).

You have to first start with the basic things, changing the plugs, cleaning the airfilter, changing the fuel filter.

Then move one to other things, like cleaning the carbs, if you have a jet kit you want to check to make sure the airmixture screws are dialed out correctly, the floats are correct. I wouldnt change anything with the needles just yet, especially if the bike ran good before and no other changes has been made to the bike.

I had an R6 once, it started running like ****, did all the above couldnt figure out the problem, took it to a shop and they told me it needed a jet kit, im like what the **** why would it need a jet kit now, when i havnt made any changes to the bike in two years, they swore up and down that it needed it,

I took the bike home and started swapping parts with a buddys r6, turned out to be one of the coils, so you might want to check that also. (swapping parts saves a lot of time!

Hope this helps, pm me if you have any other questions

Jesse
Old 01-07-2004, 05:51 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

jowalskiMO is an unknown quantity at this point
The first time I rode my F4i it felt jerky as hell. I think its because I was used to riding my dirtbike?