I have a question.. To stunt cbr600 or fix it for road bike

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 07:54 PM

FreedomPenguin is a decent person
I have a question.. To stunt cbr600 or fix it for road bike

I have 2 motorcycles, a 13 gsxr 750 that i use as my daily/play toy for twisties and commute, and I have a 08 cbr600r with full akropovic exhaust, and power commander 3 etc.. The cbr runs great. Today my friend I was teaching him how to wheelie, lol. and well he looped it. He hit my akro exhaust, he bent from rim, and now when bike is started its having hard time finding neutral, but everything is okay othre than that. I am hoping adjusting the clutch will help it. it scuffed up the clutch cover, but no more than that. I cant see why it would of ruined/hurt the clutch honestly.

Here are my options
1. Replace the fairings with a fairing kit, get a new akro carbon fiber cover, and new rim. and keep it a street bike/track bike.
2.. Put a stunt cage on it, big *** sprocket, get a new front rim, learn how to actually stunt parking lot style etc.. Then when I am good, Throw on a new fairing kit and keep it a stunter.

I bought the bike for 2000 bucks or so, it runs like a scolded beast, and its smooth and love it honestly. but I really have been wanting a stunt bike for awhile, f4i but now i have an opportunity to possibly have a stunt bike.

My question is, what would you do? Is a 08 cbr600 a bad stunt bike? What stunt cage should I buy? what other things do I need? what teeth rear sprocket etc.? anything and everything would help. Keep the fairings on it, learn how to stunt, when I get good, I could throw a new set on and have a sick bike to use for fun. I have an abandoned parking lot just next street over from my house that I have full access to use and cops cant hassle me, and I dont ride the cbr much, it was mainly for a 2nd spare bike and friend to ride.

(btw if I did repair it eitherway, I am digging this fairing set except i'd have black rims, it looks goofy with one teal and one black.

http://shop.absfairings.com/motorcyc...roduct_id=1528

heres my cbr before the wreck, all it did was rash the clutch cover, rash the right side fairings, and rashed the akro exhaust, and bent the rim. (and has the neutral hard to find now when bikes on) but when bike is turned off, or in on position, it cycles the gears easy, still easy when bike is turned on, just skips nuetral hard to find it.

Name:  54AF5FC5-5A0F-42CC-8430-B63F6C22BDF2_zpsniyz4ol8.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  353.2 KB