Why wont my 600 stand up???

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 11:57 AM

Chris Weinman is a decent person
Why wont my 600 stand up???

I got an 03 cbr600rr. im tryin to figure out what i can do to get it to stand up easier for me. What size sprocket can i go to, what else can i do besides buy a bigger bike???
Old 07-01-2010, 12:00 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Zuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant future
Re: Why wont my 600 stand up???

Practice.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:34 AM
Free Riders

TheFBomb13 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Zuki750
Practice.
agree'd! i got the same issue atleast faster paced wheelies
Old 07-02-2010, 02:39 AM
Zippy Tie Rider

Tone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really nice

You need more power in your ****. Get a 1000.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:21 AM

goldenchild is a decent person

check out the 'Complete guide for learning basic wheelies the right way' sticky under stunting help and advice https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/443...ing-basic.html i swear by that ****. whe i was learning highway wheelies, i felt like i hit a brick wall because i couldnt get the bike up. i thought it was because i was on a 600rr and i weighed 224 lbs. my mistake was that i would look at the rpm gauge and rev it up high and dump the clutch and the bike wouldnt jump up for me, even if i reinforced the throttle. i solved the problem by not looking at the rpm gauge (just getting a feel for when the bike is in the powerband. somewhere just above 5k) and twisting the **** out of the throttle and dumping it. try twisting the throttle more and putting more power into it. you gotta give it more gas homie! people highway wheelie 600's with stock gearing all day long! im still over 200lbs and i do highway standups on both of my 600's. you gotta man up and twist the **** out of the throttle, not just rev it a little bit. Stunting is a dangerous sport, so of course learning this means that you have to face the fear of looping your ****. itll happen. you just gotta rev the **** out of the motor and dump the clutch quickly, but with control. you have to go out and ride and try over and over and over. use a whole tank of gas ($9, lol) and dedicate it to getting this **** down. its the staple of this sport, and all of us are working to get better at our wheelies, whether its slow circles, or highchairs. once you get comfortable enough to face the fear, i promise your front end will jump up, and you'll give this same advice on one of the endless threads on here that ppl start when they "cant get it up", lol
Old 07-02-2010, 03:54 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Tone The Natural
You need more power in your ****. Get a 1000.
+1 need a hyabusa or something for them wheelies...
Old 07-02-2010, 09:24 AM

richd3000 is a decent person

Can't get it up huh? I think they got pills for that now... *****!!! I ride my buddys 6rr and in 1st it'll flip u right on ur *** n its bone stock. In second on highway, it took me to bounce a lil when slipin clutch standing staggered n it'll do it, but bp is tall on that bike so be carefull tryn to ride em out long. Glue right toes to brake pedal...
Old 07-02-2010, 09:32 AM
T/C
Squid...

T/C has a spectacular aura aboutT/C has a spectacular aura about

If you are having problems just getting the wheelie up the last thing you are going to want to do.. is go up in sprocket size or a bigger bike.. Learn to get it up and get basic control of the wheelie then worry about bigger sprockets... Its only going to make it harder to learn to control it.. And saying you cant even get it up i dont think you will want that..

On that note of being nice

Stop being a panzy and just ******* clutch it up its not that hard to pop a wheelie the hard part is riding it
Old 07-02-2010, 10:41 AM

RustyStunts is an unknown quantity at this point

your doing it all wrong..put the bike in first gear, now remember to hold the clutch while u do that...next as your holding the clutch down in first gear u just take the bike to rev limiter and drop the clutch..it should pop up like butter
Old 07-02-2010, 12:34 PM

goldenchild is a decent person

Originally Posted by T/C
If you are having problems just getting the wheelie up the last thing you are going to want to do.. is go up in sprocket size or a bigger bike.. Learn to get it up and get basic control of the wheelie then worry about bigger sprockets... Its only going to make it harder to learn to control it.. And saying you cant even get it up i dont think you will want that..

On that note of being nice

Stop being a panzy and just ******* clutch it up its not that hard to pop a wheelie the hard part is riding it
+1
Old 07-02-2010, 12:40 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Chris Weinman
I got an 03 cbr600rr. im tryin to figure out what i can do to get it to stand up easier for me. What size sprocket can i go to, what else can i do besides buy a bigger bike???
the 03's have a anti wheelie lock. To disable it find the ecu, prolly under the seat, and cut every yellow,black, red, grey and white wire that plugs into it. It'll wheelie like a champ after that
Old 07-02-2010, 12:42 PM
Naarden Bike Super Store

NAARDEN INC is a decent person

www.sportbikesprockets.com will give you that fire!!!!
Old 07-03-2010, 02:28 AM
Free Riders

TheFBomb13 is a decent person

on my f4i when i slip the clutch bike comes right up(stock gearing)... now when i try to do the same exact thing on my gsxr 600 the rear wheel just spins ... i dont ******* get it... WHY?!?!