radiators fucked

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 02:35 PM

danny__darby is a decent person
Thumbs down radiators fucked

riding home from a 14 hour shift when i see water squirting from the front of my bike...radiator down ****!leaking from the top tectiong where it mounts to the frame gutted id best get hunting ='(
Old 06-17-2010, 02:41 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light
Re: radiators fucked

Make or purchase a radiator cage to support your radiator from the bottom

Then you can either braze or jb weld the radiator leaks shut, or buy another one
Old 06-17-2010, 02:44 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute

get a rad cage and never buy another radiator dcp is salein em for like 60 bux.....cant beat that bub!!!!
Old 06-17-2010, 02:53 PM

dcp? whos that lol? ohh and the rads leaking from the top im just gonna replace it but there is no way im paying 180 pounds on one!fahuck that!
Old 06-17-2010, 02:55 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by danny__darby
riding home from a 14 hour shift when i see water squirting from the front of my bike...radiator down ****!leaking from the top tectiong where it mounts to the frame gutted id best get hunting ='(
both of my bikes do that. we must be on the same team
Old 06-17-2010, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by MikeM
both of my bikes do that. we must be on the same team
haha it sucks man iv gotta be up for 4am to catch a bus to work now **** this
Old 06-17-2010, 03:48 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute

http://stuntride.com/vbstunt/showthr...ighlight=talen
here is dcp thread... i actually have a friend that owns ndc, he biulds bars, subframe braces and rad cages...the dif between his and dcp is ndc cages have brackets to mount a second fan to help your 636 stay cool in the lot!!! i just dont know if ndc is ready to release his rad cages to the public yet...i could hit him up for you if you want...lmk!
Old 06-17-2010, 04:04 PM
Free Riders

TheFBomb13 is a decent person

You can put an egg in the radiator as weird as it sounds it works.. it patches leaks..
Old 06-17-2010, 06:00 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

pepper works too
Old 06-17-2010, 06:30 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

I wouldn't put **** inside the radiator, as it's just gonna end up in your motor

if anything 'ghetto' jb weld the outside, mine and my friends lasted for years with jb weld
Old 06-17-2010, 07:26 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

Originally Posted by Towlieee
I wouldn't put **** inside the radiator, as it's just gonna end up in your motor

if anything 'ghetto' jb weld the outside, mine and my friends lasted for years with jb weld
+1 i wouldnt recomend putting anything in your rad either...i was just sayin... also ive had a couple radiators that wre held together w/ jb weld...shish works great if your to cheap/broke to bauy a new one.....
Old 06-17-2010, 07:37 PM
Free Riders

TheFBomb13 is a decent person

personally i wouldnt put **** in my radiator either its temp fix just like jb weld and what not.. but then again i wouldnt ride on a junk radiator either lol
Old 06-17-2010, 10:58 PM

monday518 is just really nicemonday518 is just really nicemonday518 is just really nicemonday518 is just really nicemonday518 is just really nice

Mines jb welded and quick steeled beyond belief and still leaks lol I just keep coolant with me at the lot cant wait for my radiator and cage to get here
Old 06-17-2010, 11:18 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

What ever happened to JB weld and duct tape? Damn glamma stunnas.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:59 AM
sack up or pack up!!!

oh im not above jb weld bub...hahah just got a new piece and put a rad cage on first thing so i dont think ima need any on this one....but ive used several tubes on the last couple crunchy pieces...lol
Old 06-18-2010, 07:37 AM

gonna check it out this weekend just to see how bad the leak is if its not too bad ill get some jb,probably worth getting some just to try before i get a new rad if it works its gonna save me 100 quid,sworth a try =) thanks for the tips
Old 06-18-2010, 10:33 AM
sack up or pack up!!!

get a cage squid....ahhahahahah
Old 06-18-2010, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by beardo
get a cage squid....ahhahahahah

haha will do
Old 06-18-2010, 01:46 PM
www.stuntbikestore.com

SBS Pez is a decent person

just ring Danny
Old 06-18-2010, 02:04 PM

when you use the JB weld, make sure the radiator is empty (or at least, below the area its leaking, so coolant is coming out..)

then clean the radiator with a garden hose with degreaser and a tooth brush... You gotta remove all the residue!
You could even use Brake cleaner if you want to clean it..

Then mash that jb weld into the broken fins, make it nice and thick and impacted into the radiator.. Let it dry overnight

Quick Reply: radiators fucked