Why do people sell just a title

Old 05-24-2010, 03:40 PM

xfactor1315 is a decent person
Why do people sell just a title

What can be done with a clean title, no bike? Why are they so valuable? I see them for sale all the time.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:44 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Why do people sell just a title

That's a question only a cop would ask.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:19 PM

Topek is a decent person

lets just say you buy a bike or financed a bike and it becomes "stolen" you can buy a title and stamp that vin number onto the frame and wa la you have a bike with clean numbers and legal (unless you get caught)
Old 05-24-2010, 04:33 PM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by buffaloGSXR
lets just say you buy a bike or financed a bike and it becomes "stolen" you can buy a title and stamp that vin number onto the frame and wa la you have a bike with clean numbers and legal (unless you get caught)
wtf. there is no way people would do that!?!
Old 05-24-2010, 07:38 PM

Topek is a decent person

Originally Posted by frayz
wtf. there is no way people would do that!?!
I think I sence sarcasm lol
Old 05-24-2010, 08:29 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

some people have cod titled bikes which cant be registered so they can buy a clean title and a new frame from the dealer and register that ..
Old 05-24-2010, 11:00 PM

Mr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by old man roger
some people have cod titled bikes which cant be registered so they can buy a clean title and a new frame from the dealer and register that ..
and some people buy a title and then steal a bike stamp a # on it and call it good
Old 06-02-2010, 12:46 PM

WickedJ is an unknown quantity at this point

What about for those who still have possesion of their clean title but their bike was stolen and claimed through insurance? I don't believe that the new title owner would be able to reregister that same vin off that title. I'm sure there have been people getting screwed buying a clean title from someone and can't even use it?
Old 06-02-2010, 12:49 PM

~03~raven is a decent person

Originally Posted by WickedJ
What about for those who still have possesion of their clean title but their bike was stolen and claimed through insurance? I don't believe that the new title owner would be able to reregister that same vin off that title. I'm sure there have been people getting screwed buying a clean title from someone and can't even use it?
It's no longer a clean title if you claimed it against insurance. The title in your hand maybe clean but the VIN associated is no longer clean. If you got a new title issued it would more than likely be a salvaged or rebuilt title(at least it would be here in TX). I'm pretty sure that title is useless.