other
10.71%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

which truck do you trust

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 09:21 AM

maverickxp is a decent person
which truck do you trust

ok so i was in a discussion last night about about my truck and why i choose chevy over the others. i figure most of us have trucks so we can carry our bikes, be it for stunting purposes or post wreck lol. so i figured i would post a poll. which truck do you think is the best, most reliable out there. ie if your gunna go out of town with your bikes what do you trust to get you there and back
chevy
ford
dodge
other
Old 05-06-2010, 10:03 AM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice
Re: which truck do you trust

I have had a 05 nissan frontier since new , it has 120000 miles only repair i have had to make is replacing the u joints , 1 set of tires , 1 set of front brake pads. the tank sender goes crazy every once in a while so i just keep track of the mileage. gets 19mpg on the highway with 2 bikes taking it easy. has pulled a 6 x `12 trailer in the past with 4 bikes , 2 50 in the bed and 4 pass no problem. only flaw for me is 05 crew cab came only in shortbed , largest turning radius of any vehicle i have ever own
Old 05-06-2010, 12:18 PM
handicrippled

swampy is a decent person

i use an 99 dakota with the v8 in it plenty of power to haul wat i need. all the things ive replaced in the drive train have been because of me abusing it with constant powerstands . but what can i say when it leaves posi marks its just something you feel the need to do
Old 05-08-2010, 04:58 PM

meddling kid is an unknown quantity at this point

90 Plymouth Voyager turbo
Old 05-08-2010, 05:08 PM

110shred is a decent person

86' *****-n toyota!! love my toyota's cant beat em'. but have to say the

most abuse ive ever seen a truck take is a 03' nissan frontier. my buddy has one and beats the **** outta it 24/7 and it loves it!
Old 05-08-2010, 05:20 PM

Topek is a decent person

I have a 95 s10 bought for $500 2 1/2 years ago only had to replace brakes and tires put over 40k miles vortec motors are beast
Old 05-08-2010, 07:57 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by skillz
I have had a 05 nissan frontier since new , it has 120000 miles only repair i have had to make is replacing the u joints , 1 set of tires , 1 set of front brake pads. the tank sender goes crazy every once in a while so i just keep track of the mileage. gets 19mpg on the highway with 2 bikes taking it easy. has pulled a 6 x `12 trailer in the past with 4 bikes , 2 50 in the bed and 4 pass no problem. only flaw for me is 05 crew cab came only in shortbed , largest turning radius of any vehicle i have ever own
yesssirr mines an 07 with just over 70k miles and have only replaced the tires and oil. still on stock brakes and not one issue with the truck. been to texas a few times, st louis and back and from maryland to ny atleast a hundred times in the past 2 years. with bikes and trailers never once let me down. but yes they are a nightmare to park i have the longbed crew cab so its even worst lol
Old 05-08-2010, 09:30 PM

hew93 is a decent person

02 S10 Xtreme nice and low to get the bikes in and it will haul two bikes been all over with it and its got 95000 on it now had it since 62000. but the bad is i have put tranny and clutch and flywheel in it. it a little four banger 5spd no ***** at all but get two bikes where were going real ******* cheap like just wish i had the v6 power
Old 05-09-2010, 11:46 AM

Mr Incognito is a decent person

Originally Posted by swampy
i use an 99 dakota with the v8 in it plenty of power to haul wat i need. all the things ive replaced in the drive train have been because of me abusing it with constant powerstands . but what can i say when it leaves posi marks its just something you feel the need to do
Yep. Ive got an 02 Dakota Sport with the 4.7. My favorite truck ive ever owned. I get the luxury of a v8 in a small truck, but it still gets about the same gas milage as a v6. I just drove it from Kansas City to Arkansas with a 636 and Buell xb9 in the back and had 0 problems.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:11 AM

ckassen is a decent person

02 ram 2500 cummins....520hp 1093tq...daily driver
Old 05-10-2010, 01:22 AM
Administrators

WHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for rep

Ford, chevy, toyota... who gives a ****... each brand has there good
years and shitty years...
Old 05-10-2010, 01:30 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

If i was gonna buy a diesel truck id get a cummins or powerstroke... if i was gonna buy gas id buy an 05+f150 or a tundra

Originally Posted by WHEELIE
Ford, chevy, toyota... who gives a ****... each brand has there good
years and shitty years...
+1
Old 05-10-2010, 09:38 AM

RUFFRYDERF4IZZL is a decent person

Ive been driving a 2002 ford explore sport trac but the daum timing chain went out no recall no nothing just a service bulletin so the new hauler is a 15 passenger chevy express pimped out this is my first Chevy truck it actual gets about the same mpg as the sprottrac maybe a little better never been able to find one cheep enough IMO Chevy seam to hold their value better Ive owned countless cars only 3 Chevy gm i think around 4 or 5 fords the rest imports and 1 import domestic imbread lol 1990 Rx7 turbo2 with a 500+horse power john lingenfelter ls1 complete with a 6 speed trans its like Wheelie said you have you good and bad ones in all yearsName:  vanpimpedout.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  56.9 KB
Old 05-11-2010, 01:49 PM
FTP CYCLES

f4 diablo is a decent person

1995 Ford F-250 ex cab xlt. Its comfortable makes it back an forth from Fl to Tenn, MPG is prolly around 12 on the highway, 7.3L Powerstroke turbo baby.But I have an Omaha Utilty bed, the plus is I have tons of storage for my tools an parts, 8' bed, but I only fit 1 bike in the bed Waiting on my buddy BEN! thats you lol. to hook me up with that HHO system an bump up the mpg.She is a stock motor for now. Furture plans are full exhaust, Edge controller, billet flywheel,NOS,Propane injection,Rear locker an A Procharger centrifugal blower. Aiming to get into the 500-700 Power range.An a 3-5 drop kit. I love my Diesel Its so much more intimidating on the road than my s10 was.No problems driving it or parking it.Only down pit so far is Maintenance is pricy changing 18-20 Quarts of oil. Disel fuel is over 3.03 a Gal,An If I dont shut it down then McDonalds dont hear what I am ordering,lol. But It wont break down like a gas motor. 321K Killometers on her an still runs good. (was a canadian truck)
Old 05-11-2010, 06:19 PM

Junior03 is a decent person

I love my toyota.

Name:  P1010495.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  197.5 KB
Old 05-11-2010, 06:24 PM
Certified

Bray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by RUFFRYDERF4IZZL
Ive been driving a 2002 ford explore sport trac but the daum timing chain went out no recall no nothing just a service bulletin so the new hauler is a 15 passenger chevy express pimped out this is my first Chevy truck it actual gets about the same mpg as the sprottrac maybe a little better never been able to find one cheep enough IMO Chevy seam to hold their value better Ive owned countless cars only 3 Chevy gm i think around 4 or 5 fords the rest imports and 1 import domestic imbread lol 1990 Rx7 turbo2 with a 500+horse power john lingenfelter ls1 complete with a 6 speed trans its like Wheelie said you have you good and bad ones in all years
i had an 01 sport trac, my timing chain went out as well around 80k miles... i cant even really notice a difference in gas with my newer truck 5.3 silverado..
Old 05-11-2010, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Bray
i had an 01 sport trac, my timing chain went out as well around 80k miles... i cant even really notice a difference in gas with my newer truck 5.3 silverado..
so did you have to do a complete motor swap??? and it seams like for some reason fords are harder on gas well at least the sport trac is
Old 05-11-2010, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Junior03
I love my toyota.

man that thing is sick!!!!
Old 05-11-2010, 06:51 PM

Junior03 is a decent person

Thanks Dog!
Old 05-11-2010, 09:51 PM
handicrippled

swampy is a decent person

Originally Posted by swampy
Originally Posted by Mr Incognito
Yep. Ive got an 02 Dakota Sport with the 4.7. My favorite truck ive ever owned. I get the luxury of a v8 in a small truck, but it still gets about the same gas milage as a v6. I just drove it from Kansas City to Arkansas with a 636 and Buell xb9 in the back and had 0 problems.

yeah mine has the 5.2 in it, went to southern tip of indy and back with a pretty much blown out rear differential with two bikes in the bike to stunt with some buds that live there. when i got back a took it to the shop, the mechanic was said that he couldnt believe i did that with as bad as the gears were. so to me if it can do that and have the mechanic in complete aww then thats a truck worth keeping

Quick Reply: which truck do you trust