***Lien on Title****

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 02:32 AM

Black03R1 is an unknown quantity at this point
***Lien on Title****

please dont give me any info if you arent positive you know what your talking about.

I bought an f4i a couple months ago. My friend went to pick it up for me otherwise I may not have taken it home at that time due to this.

Bought off original owner. Got a title that says *ONE LIEN RECORDED*
00001 miles on bike.

He assured my friend who did ask about it that bike was paid, and if anything needed be be done with title or paperwork just to let him know.

Anyways, Lienholder is AMERICAN HONDA CORP, Alpharetta GA.

which i dont get since he lives in NY and his addy on this title is his home address here in NY, yet lienholder is in GA.

SOOO...Can I call them and ask for lien release and hopefully this dickbag wasnt Bsing my friend, or does HE (original owner) have to get the lien release. I wanted to call them tomorrow without having to track this guy down and wait on him etc etc.

but not sure if they will deal with me or not?
Old 12-01-2009, 02:42 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: ***Lien on Title****

getting a lien satisfaction note from the lender normally requires the original owner ..
Old 12-01-2009, 02:51 AM

alright...looks like i gotta get at this kid then.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:54 AM
Administrators

WHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for rep

You will Need to have the Person On title call for it (If he doesn't have
it and for got to give it to your Friend)

They will Not Tell you anything about that account unless your the guy on that
title with all the Info matching that person..
I guess they might listen what you have to say (where you live) because
they have been looking for it and want it ...
Old 12-01-2009, 03:10 AM

well im hoping its been paid off. thats what dude told my friend. He seemed pretty legit from when I talked to him before..

Long story short....

I was guna buy this bike that I saw on CL. I make an offer, and kid said no, he could do better, another guy offered more etc etc.

couple weeks go by and i start thinkin about this bike again. i tell my friend, call this kid up and offer him this much (less than i offered before) and after a little back and forth the dude ****** takes it!

So I give my buddy the loot, and he picked it up for me.

sorta retarded but thats how it went down. He shows me New York State title, and i see the *one lien recorded* at bottom from some place in GA. thats what I get for not doing this **** myself.

So basically, this kid needs to get the lien release so I can put this ****** on the road. And if lien has NOT been satisfied, then he technically illegally sold the bike am i right or no?
Old 12-01-2009, 03:24 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

that is correct but getting any thing done about it will cost you a lawyers fee unless the guy is cool and files for the lien satisfaction ..
Old 12-01-2009, 10:22 AM
HARLEM BOYZ

NARD BLOCKZ has a spectacular aura aboutNARD BLOCKZ has a spectacular aura aboutNARD BLOCKZ has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Black03R1
well im hoping its been paid off. thats what dude told my friend. He seemed pretty legit from when I talked to him before..

Long story short....

I was guna buy this bike that I saw on CL. I make an offer, and kid said no, he could do better, another guy offered more etc etc.

couple weeks go by and i start thinkin about this bike again. i tell my friend, call this kid up and offer him this much (less than i offered before) and after a little back and forth the dude ****** takes it!

So I give my buddy the loot, and he picked it up for me.

sorta retarded but thats how it went down. He shows me New York State title, and i see the *one lien recorded* at bottom from some place in GA. thats what I get for not doing this **** myself.

So basically, this kid needs to get the lien release so I can put this ****** on the road. And if lien has NOT been satisfied, then he technically illegally sold the bike am i right or no?
Damn I hope this works out for you. I just paid off my 08' 600rr and the lender was GE money in Orlando, FL and Im in NY as well so that isn't the issue. The issue is whether this guy paid the **** off. After I made my final payment I recieved a lein release within 3 weeks, which is why I don't understand why this guy didn't give your friend a original lien release with the title. Hopefully he did pay it off and somehow forgot to pass on the lien release, if not then he never paid it off. Soo stay on his *** till he does the right thing bro. If you do get the original copy of the lien release its all good. I just bought a s10 off a dude who had a lien release with the title, and all I did was hand it in to the DMV with the title and bam new title in my name no leins recorded in less than 2 weeks. Good Luck.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:24 PM

thanks man..i'll post up how it goes
Old 12-01-2009, 03:58 PM

OK well i couldnt wait any longer so I called the lienholder myself. I was kinda nervous cause right off the bat they wanted my full name and the vin and all that good stuff so they had me by the ***** but thankfully she told me they have NO interest in this bike anymore and that if NYS DMV has records of a lien to call them back (she gave me her extension) and that they would send a notorized lien release to the NYS DMV saying they have no further interest in the unit. So looks like Im all good. She said electronically it should be at the DMV that its clean and clear. She told me to call NYS dmv and ask them if thats what it shows in their records and if not she will send them the release directly. I dont have to deal with that kid whatsoever by the looks of it.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Back to North Carolina...

weirdsteve is a decent person

ny is weird they give out titles with liens on them....other states have the bank hold the title which is the way to go so you dont have anyone get into something like this. try to call the guy to get the release. if it was paid then he'll have it.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:14 PM

just called the dmv. they wouldnt tell me **** over the phone. said they would only release info if it was a 3 way call with the previous owner or he himself called. however she said all i have to do is go to the dmv with title, my license, bill of sale and they will tell me in person if its been cleared, just nothing over the phone. she said its done electronically as well. soooo tomorrow i will go to the dmv. and if its not cleared i will be calling monica back from georgia for that lien release form.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:07 AM
also known as OMR

just called the dmv. they wouldnt tell me **** over the phone. said they would only release info if it was a 3 way call with the previous owner or he himself called. however she said all i have to do is go to the dmv with title, my license, bill of sale and they will tell me in person if its been cleared, just nothing over the phone. she said its done electronically as well. soooo tomorrow i will go to the dmv. and if its not cleared i will be calling monica back from georgia for that lien release form.
i thought you had already gone there and tried to register it ...ya first thing i would have done is to go try to get it in my name ...
Old 12-02-2009, 05:29 AM

no i didnt go to dmv yet. im going to go in a couple hours here and beat the crowd. I will post up how it goes hopefully theres no dicking me around they love to pull that **** here in NY. Seems like they are pretty chill with giving out info in GA.

Last edited by Black03R1; 12-02-2009 at 05:32 AM.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:34 AM
HARLEM BOYZ

NARD BLOCKZ has a spectacular aura aboutNARD BLOCKZ has a spectacular aura aboutNARD BLOCKZ has a spectacular aura about

Glad to hear theres no lien on the bike.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:46 AM
Attack Squirrel Owner

DOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by weirdsteve
ny is weird they give out titles with liens on them....other states have the bank hold the title which is the way to go so you dont have anyone get into something like this. try to call the guy to get the release. if it was paid then he'll have it.
I was going to post about this yesterday. In PA, the person that paid for the bike keeps the title. If you financed the bike, the bank keeps it until it's paid off and then it gets mailed to you. If you purchase the bike from a private seller and pay in full or pay in full at a dealership you get the title very quickly after the transfer is done.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:26 PM

charsha1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DOKE
I was going to post about this yesterday. In PA, the person that paid for the bike keeps the title. If you financed the bike, the bank keeps it until it's paid off and then it gets mailed to you. If you purchase the bike from a private seller and pay in full or pay in full at a dealership you get the title very quickly after the transfer is done.
i know in nj you get a copy of a title with a lean on it because i bought a bike that had a lean on it and a truck. i had the lean release for both but the one for the bike was a fax so they didnt want to take it 3 dmv's later someone overlooked the lean by mistake and just gave me a new title(6 years ago)
Old 12-02-2009, 04:50 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Does the VIN on the title & frame match up? Just wondering cause I work at a shop & have seen people getting fucked over by others
Old 12-02-2009, 05:20 PM

yes the vins match. I never looked til now but yes they match. This kid was legit. Nothing seemed fishy about this deal. I didnt sweat the lien on title thing too much at first and was going to sort it out come spring but started thinking about it the past few days and instead of waiting I just wanna get it sorted out now. I slacked on going to the dmv today because I had to box and ship ebay **** but definately going tomorrow and will post up results.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:57 AM

last update here..finally got somebody on the phone at a local dmv who didnt have a stick up their ***. ran the vin and said NO lien on bike. So I didnt even have to go there which was nice.

I just gotta pay $50 bucks for new title plus 8.75% tax on what I paid for it and I got me a clear title in my name.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:59 AM
also known as OMR

last update here..finally got somebody on the phone at a local dmv who didnt have a stick up their ***. ran the vin and said NO lien on bike. So I didnt even have to go there which was nice.

I just gotta pay $50 bucks for new title plus 8.75% tax on what I paid for it and I got me a clear title in my name.
good news