Usen stock pegs
8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Sub cages worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 10:23 AM

ProjectFallen is a decent person
Sub cages worth it?

Are these full sub cages from dealers like (OMR, Powers, SI, ect..) really worth the money? Iv been usen my stock pegs for stand ups, and they havent failed or bothered me yet with any thing. But now that im taken the bike from a street stunt bike to an all out stunt only bike, was woundering if i should up grade to the full sub cageor not?

Last edited by ProjectFallen; 10-28-2009 at 10:29 AM.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:18 AM
Squid Supreme

stick1300 will become famous soon enough
Re: Sub cages worth it?

My bike was a track only bike in its previous life, so when I bought it it didn't have any rear pegs, so I went ahead and bought an OMR subcage with ESD pegs (the most setup you can get) and I love it. The peg positioning is perfect and the bigger pegs give me a ton of grip. That being said, a subcage isn't really required, more like a bonus part. I know there are guys that kill it on stock rear pegs/brackets (I think Number Two uses stock and he's a ******* spider monkey on the bike). I guess what I'm saying is you don't HAVE to have a subcage, but I wouldn't ever go back to stock after getting one.

Also, go with OMR

Last edited by stick1300; 10-28-2009 at 11:23 AM.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:04 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

there are alot of reasons to have a subcage but here are just a few ...

1- they dont flex like the stock peg brackets so the peg doesnt point down when you have your weight on it , it stays in the correct position for better footing in the wet and in the dry weather ..[push down on your rear peg with your finger and you will see what i mean then imagine all your weight on it]

2- stock peg brackets break or bend very easy when they hit the ground , a subcage has a support conecting the two sides together and is made of steel so it's much stronger ..

3- a subcage also keeps the tabs on your subframe from bending or braking because of the cross bar , the stock peg brackets often cause the tabs on the subframe to bend in putting your peg in a downward position which makes it very easy to slide off of ..

4- a subcage also helps stiffen the subframe from side to side because the cross bar ties the two sides of the subframe together , it wont help in a gorrilla scrape or any thing like that but it definetly helps keep the subframe from tweaking to one side or the other in a crash ..
Old 10-28-2009, 09:11 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

this is a very common looking stock rear peg bracket after a few crashes , it's an f4i and they are one of the strongest stock rear peg brackets out there ..

here is another common problem with stock peg brackets ..hopefully if this happens to any one it happens all at once , some times the stock rear peg brackets just crack when you crash and you dont notice it till you jump to it in a combo and then you eat it cause your peg falls off while you are riding down the road ...
Old 10-28-2009, 10:12 PM
myspace.com/atowncustoms

slidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really nice

Originally Posted by ProjectFallen
Are these full sub cages from dealers like (OMR, Powers, SI, ect..) really worth the money? Iv been usen my stock pegs for stand ups, and they havent failed or bothered me yet with any thing. But now that im taken the bike from a street stunt bike to an all out stunt only bike, was woundering if i should up grade to the full sub cageor not?
Go with one for sure well worth i would say go with an A-TOWN CUSTOMS subcage i have one for my 05-06 636 and i love it also Go with a OMR i also have one of those but it is not for sale it is my insurance....
Old 10-28-2009, 10:22 PM
Honda > Yamaha

WheelzUp is a decent person

OMR how did you get the pics of my rear footpegs thats what they looked like on my old bike lol.....how much for an 08rr subcage
Old 10-28-2009, 10:24 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by WheelzUp
OMR how did you get the pics of my rear footpegs thats what they looked like on my old bike lol.....how much for an 08rr subcage
alot of them look like that

$175 shipped

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/464...ew-models.html
Old 10-30-2009, 05:43 PM
HOOD CHAIN GANG

SUPERDAVE will become famous soon enough

LOVE ME A SUBCAGE, SPECIALY WITH SIZE 13 FEET
Old 10-30-2009, 05:52 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

if your just rock a stand up here and there on the street, not much use in a subcage. Sure it'll strengthen your bike up and make it solid, but the money could be spent elsewhere or saved

for any type of 'stunting' IMO they are worth it. Once you start doing more technical tricks the pegs will fold up, and you will brake peg brackets
Old 10-30-2009, 05:59 PM
also known as OMR

i think even straight staggered wheelies can benefit from the use of a subcage..

stock peg brackets flex alot and make the peg aim down and thats not the best feeling at 80 or 90 miles an hour especially if your feet happen to be wet..

another problem alot of people have is the angle of the stock peg mount because it makes it easy for the peg to fold up while you are standing on it , all omr subcages have the peg mount rotated forward on it's axis so the peg doesnt fold up when you are standing on it and as a bonus this puts your foot on the grippy part of the peg ..

Last edited by old man roger; 10-30-2009 at 06:08 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:14 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

I run OMRs on both my bikes. Wouldn't ride w/ out 'em. Ever since I snapped a peg bolt on my R1, I have run grade 8 hardware and subcages. Snapping a peg bracket or a bolt while in a whoolie is NO joke. I was lucky. Get a subcage. OMR, preferably!
Old 10-30-2009, 06:37 PM

Joker is an unknown quantity at this point

I weigh 230 lbs... won't ride without one. One less thing to worry about.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:42 PM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

OMR for the win!!!!
Old 10-30-2009, 07:26 PM
Post Whore Nazi

MoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for rep

Just not POWERS.....
Old 10-31-2009, 09:10 AM
Never Good Enuff

chipottley is a decent person

OMR FTW. I REPEAT, OMR FTW!

This shouldn't even be up for discussion. not only will his sub cages do everything he says, but they will also help to protect your plastics in a drop/fall (I run full fairings)

OMR makes THE BEST cages, PERIOD, and has THE CHEAPEST PRICES......HANDS DOWN! NO bullshit! I've had other cages, so I speak from experience. and not only does he have the best cages at the cheapest prices, he's also got THE BEST SERVICE AND SUPPORT, PERIOD!

Bottom Line: OMR is the **** and So are his cages! and if you order now, he'll also give you a free reach around!!

For real though, all joking aside, if you buy anything other than an OMR subcage, you're slippin! My 2c

Let's not forget about PERFECT fitment (OMR's have it, others don't) and .........."it's the ORIGINL folding subcage"!

See: (and notice my bent peg in this fist pic? notice NO DAMAGE to my plastics ($1,800.00 paint job), NO DAMAGE to my cage, or NO DAMAGE to my subframe!

Now, if I could just talk him into makin' rails (that won't murder my frame) we'll be in there! whadda ya say Rog?

Last edited by chipottley; 10-31-2009 at 09:17 AM.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:51 PM
Squid Supreme

stick1300 will become famous soon enough

OMR all the way! If I ever pick up another bike to be my non stunter, it WILL have an OMR subcage on it. They just look plain
Old 10-31-2009, 02:53 PM
iridear6 is a homo

aut117 is a decent person

Originally Posted by stick1300
OMR all the way! If I ever pick up another bike to be my non stunter, it WILL have an OMR subcage on it. They just look plain
i think it would be cool if he sold them in diff. colors
Old 10-31-2009, 02:56 PM
iridear6 is a homo

aut117 is a decent person

[quote=chipottley;4181395]OMR FTW. I REPEAT, OMR FTW!

This shouldn't even be up for discussion. not only will his sub cages do everything he says, but they will also help to protect your plastics in a drop/fall (I run full fairings)

OMR makes THE BEST cages, PERIOD, and has THE CHEAPEST PRICES......HANDS DOWN! NO bullshit! I've had other cages, so I speak from experience. and not only does he have the best cages at the cheapest prices, he's also got THE BEST SERVICE AND SUPPORT, PERIOD!

Bottom Line: OMR is the **** and So are his cages! and if you order now, he'll also give you a free reach around!!

For real though, all joking aside, if you buy anything other than an OMR subcage, you're slippin! My 2c

Let's not forget about PERFECT fitment (OMR's have it, others don't) and .........."it's the ORIGINL folding subcage"!

See: (and notice my bent peg in this fist pic? notice NO DAMAGE to my plastics ($1,800.00 paint job), NO DAMAGE to my cage, or NO DAMAGE to my subframe!

Now, if I could just talk him into makin' rails (that won't murder my frame) we'll be in there! whadda ya say Rog?

Old 10-31-2009, 03:23 PM

ProjectFallen is a decent person

thanks for all the feedback on this! Deffenetily went with the majority vote on this one and just baught a brand new omr sub cage
Old 10-31-2009, 07:28 PM
N2O
Never 2 old 2 die!

N2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ProjectFallen
thanks for all the feedback on this! Deffenetily went with the majority vote on this one and just baught a brand new omr sub cage
OMR

Quick Reply: Sub cages worth it?